Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Straker

I was a patient for several years UNTIL I was hospitalized. That's when I found out I got a false diagnosis of Celiac Disease. I couldn't believe I went through tests, scans and many office vists w/him. Wasted time and money on a diet that wasn't necessary...I have Ulcerated Colitis!!! I am no longer with him. Don't let him run unnecessary tests w/out a second opinion first!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Straker is an amazing doctor! I"ve seen him for approximately 15 years for my GI issues and he is the most intelligent, intuitive and compassionate doctor out there. He is very cautious and will only do what is necessary to not put a patient at risk. He is, in my opinion, the finest GI doctor in Orlando. Every doctor I"ve ever mentioned his name to sings his praises. His staff is excellent as well and I always feel very well cared for.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr Straker is a great doctor. Many of my family members and I have gone to him for 20 years. He's everything one could want in a gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Only interested in doing expensive procedures every 6 months. Said my nausea, vomiting & diarrhea may be related to depression instead of even trying any GI medication. Really? I paid you for this advise and you are a GI doctor? If It was important enough to do procedures worth thousands of dollars seems strange there's nothing else that can be done. I will NOT come back in 6 months for another procedure while suffering without any help from you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

You get perhaps 5 (maybe 10 minutes) and after that he is trying to rush off to the next patient. I bring my list of questions and try to move through them quickly but I always leave feeling rushed, and pressured, with concerns remaining. I'm thinking about getting a new doctor as I wonder if some of his advice is right but he won't afford me any time to discuss it or provide any re-assurance. Even though I'm at an elevated risk of a deadly form of cancer, he consistently has higher priorities! Some things he says I fear could cause more harm than good. Last appt I got in within 10 days. Before that it took nearly 2 months as an existing patient.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

Very helpful,concerned.Very organized office. very knowledge.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Straker is a TERRIBLE doctor. VERY uncaring, TERRIBLE bedside manner, VERY arrogant. I don't feel like he has much knowledge, at least in the area I was there for (Crohn's). Bottom line, he really just did not care. The first thing he said to me was "you have 15 minutets". I wasted $190.00 (cash) and my time and left with NO ANSWERS, no course of treatment or plan and he even did not want a follow-up visit (not that I would go back).He would not listen to me or answer any of my questions. I left his office SO frustrated! DO NOT GO TO HIM!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

i feel exactly like the previous poster. I have been experiencing pain in my abdomen from about 1yr 8 mo and i can site the date and time it occurred, i went along with every procedure and been eager to get this resolved. Dr. Straker does specialize in normal exams. i really did feel like it was a endo/colonoscopy assembly. Now he basically tells me he doesnt know and i need to get established with a primary care doc, i have been really disappointed with the experience. when i told him the pain i was in and asked from something to help he said he isnt a pain doctor, i was appalled. i want to sue this guy. if you need a standard colonoscopy i guess he'll do but like the other poster said if you have a complicated issues that requires some thought and concern he is not the doctor for you

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr Straker is a good technition. He does a good colonoscopy and endoscopy. If your symptons aren't corrected by his findings of "normal" then he dismisses your symptoms. I kept pushing back as to what was causing my pain - going through his nurse, of course. I fired him. I do not recommend him for complicated symptoms which require more curiosity than he has. I believe his knowledge is outdated, his staff does most of the listening and trying to help - but his speciality is 'normal' exams. If you have a problem - go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Excellent doctor. Solves difficult cases. Protects your privacy. He has been my doctor for 20 years. The best!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

• Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Novanet