Ratings for Dr. James E. Duncan

THE WORST DOCTOR EVER! Someone with his lack of respect and general concern for the wellness of his patients should not practice medicine. He said my seizures were due to " repressed childhood memories". WHO SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT? This man is an embarassment to medicine. Do NOT see him. I highly suggest reading the reviews of his patients. I only found 2 or 3 positive out of over 20 reviews. It really is sad. He should just stop practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I think he is a good doctor! I have been on seizure meds for years and he has been helpful to me. I do agree that he does seem like he dont care and he does just write out the prescription without even listening but I have never had to wait that long there and his rooms r not that dingy! i like his staff they seem nice to me!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Terrible experience thru out the ordeal. He and his staff were extremely rude and uncaring. He ended up telling my wife that she was actually "faking" her loss of motorskills in her right leg with cost her her job. He did not turn in the valid information to my insurance company, thus, they did not pay the claim. He then, in turn, turned the payment over to his lawyers and I am now being garnished 25% of my takehome to play this bill that should have been covered by my insurance company. He is not worthy of being called a Doctor and should have his license revoked. He gives doctors a bad name and should be investigated. His examination rooms were dingy and needed cleaning and looked unfit to practice medicine. This guy is BAD NEWS.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

A few years ago I was referred to him after having a seizure after being seizure free for more than 15 years. Had blood level test done to make sure medication level was adequate to prevent further seizures. Lab said results would take a few days to get back to the doctor. I called several times within a 2 week period after a few days to get the results and each time I was told the doctor had my folder. Finally when I did get a call from him he let me know that my medication level was low. When I asked why I was just now hearing the results especially since I had been at risk of further seizures he told me I should go see another doctor and hung up on me.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

I have been seeing him for migraines. I sit and wait at least 45 minutes after arriving only to see the doctor for about 3 minutes. He will ask how my headaches are and before I even finish telling him he is writing out the prescriptions. He doesn't seem to listen at all. I have tried to discuss with him what is causing them and he seems uninterested and really has just thrown medicine at me and just ups the dose every time when the migraines don't improve. He has given me hydrocodone to relieve the pain. I now only go once every 3 months and he has reduced the amount I can have and will not authorize a refill. Its an irritating situation and I am looking for a new doctor. Do not go to this office unless you have no other choice.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Staff never can schedule you in without first talking to the doctor. I was a patient & had to see another specialist for pain management & ever since then- Duncan won't see me. I finally told the nurse I would find another doctor. Please look long & hard before going here...........He has 0 bedside manners!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Poor bedside manner. Doesn't really make you feel like he is concerned or cares aabout your condition!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Staff is rude - I arrived early and had to sit and wait forever to be seen. The doctor takes very little time with you and he is not very informative about results of tests or what he is actually doing. I have been waiting almost two months for results of blood work and still don't have the results. I finally changed doctors - I having been trying since July to get my records and still don't have them and we are not receiving any cooperation about getting them. They keep telling my new doctors office that the doctor has the file and is going through it. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

The staff here is flat out rude! The doctor never calls back. At first I was just having problems with seizures and I liked the doctor enough to over look the bad staff; he got me on the right treatment to help me stop having seizures; however after I had a TIA (mini-stroke) and it took 3 months to get any real results I started to realize Dr. Duncan wasn't as good as I originally thought. Then when I had a second TIA and called the office it took him 2 days to have his receptionist call me back just to tell me to talk to one of my other doctors about it, I was shocked! As long as you just have a seizure problem he's ok but if it's anything other than that, find someone else!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Arrive 15 min early, get seen an hour later. 10 min assessment, 5 minute follow ups. "Your conditionis improving", "see you in 6 weeks".

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

Dr. James E. Duncan's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

• BCBS Illinois