Ratings for Dr. Dena S. Friedman

To summarize in a word: incompetent. Dr. Friedman seems nice and caring, but I did not know until too late that she does not know much about the medications she prescribes. There are much better psychiatrists out there - your doctor is likely to have good recommendations.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Would not recommend to anyone. Dr. Friedman was not knowledgeable about the medications she was prescribing, nor attentive to my description of my condition. I'm suspicious of the high overall rating for her on this site.

Submitted January 30, 2016

Dr. Friedman truly cares and listens to what I have to say. She's the best psychiatrist I've ever had and I have been to a few already!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

Dr. Friedman is wonderful. She got me in right away, she listened to me, and she made a good call with diagnosis and prescribing. I thought I had attention deficit because my child has it. But she said it was depression and she was absolutely right. She saved me from using the wrong medication and now I feel great. Go see her, if you can get in. She does private practice part time. She does not take any insurance, but I got paid back by my insurance company.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Like most doctors, not a genius. However; was still helpful, and unlike some doctors does not clock watch when a patient is talking about any problems.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Dena Friedman is amazing! She has helped me through some very difficult times and I always feel better when I leave her office. She is very skilled in prescribing and monitering medications and making sure the medicine helps and that the dosage is just enough needed and no more. I'm so happy to have found her. I pay out of pocket but my insurance company pays me back most of it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. Dena S. Friedman's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Workers Comp