Ratings for Dr. Guy Wright-Smith

Not at all happy with my treatment after being rushed to emergency with suspected heart attack (blood test showed extreme troponin levels). I was very stressed and felt Dr W-S was unsympathetic, abrupt & arrogant when he curtly told me he'd stent me next morning. Angiogram showed no blocked arteries (another cardiologist later recognised I had a different , rare syndrome ).

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

A good, unassuming and efficient man. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

he is a magician at treating heart artery blockages

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

After an ablation for AVRT and 3x cardioversions for rapid AF with a electrophysiologist I was still experiencing symptoms of shortness of breath, chest pain & episodes of very high heart rate 185bpm with minimum exercise. eg walking. (I must note I am a young patient and I exercise 5 x per week at the gym so am very fit.) I was referred to Dr guy wright-smith for an exercise stress test. Dr G W-S was degrading and insensitive to say the least, even though he had a written report from my electrophysiologist on my history of AVRT, rapid AF with 3 cardioversions his responding letter outlined there was nothing wrong with my heart, I was just very anxious, I was to continue exercising but just stop exercising when I feel tired. I have recently seen another Cardiologist who found I had a hole in my heart and episodes of nonsustained Ventricular tachycardia. It was explained that with the type of hole I had intensive exercise could cause heart attach and/or stroke and to discontinue any exercise until the hole was closed. I have since had a the hole closed and am still in the process of getting the episodes of NSVT treated. I would definitely not recommend Dr G W-S, he is rude & insensitive, he does not listen before quickly wrongly diagnosing and degrading you with his egotistical comments.

Submitted August 17, 2014

A to the point doctor which I appreciated. If issues arose again I would definitely see him. Fantastic support staff, from radiologist, receptionist to cardio nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

My mother was treated by this doctor in Pindara. She was admitted with shortness of breath and chest pain after collapsing at home. He fitted her with a pacemaker, then 2 days later she died from a pulmonary embolism, noted as cause [a] on the Death Certificate. The good doctor also said cancer was the [b] cause of death on the Death Certificate. My mother was not being treated for cancer, nor had she been diagnosed with cancer. She did not undergo post mortem. So how did he know she had cancer? May I add that the nursing staff in the Cardiac ward at Pindara were outstanding, caring and very professional.

Submitted August 18, 2013

I was diagnosed in a small country hospital with an AV heart block and was sent to John Flynn hospital by ambulance to be treated by this doctor. His first words to me were "You do not need a pacemaker" and proceeded with an angiogram even though my doctor had asked for an echo stress test. When the angiogram came back as clear he said I could go home as I had nothing wrong with my heart. After my protests he agreed to a CT which was Ok, again said I could go home even though I still had the original symptoms. He did then suggest I could come back the next week for the stress test. I declined as I was by then very upset. My GP was astounded but assumed Dr Guy W-S must know what he was doing. After 3 more mths of different sorts of Specialists and no results I asked could we look at the heart issue again. 5 Seconds with a technician and an ultra sound found I was by then in complete heart block and a pacemaker was immediately inserted. So despite Dr G W-S and his ego I am still alive.

Submitted August 6, 2013

My mother saw Dr Guy Wright-Smith, May/June at John Flynn Hospital after arriving in an ambulance. Heart issues, breathing,etc he received all the reports. He finally dismissed her and said nothing is wrong. TODAY my mother is in St Andrews hospital and will be fitted with a pace maker. He has poor bedside manner, does not read reports well and clearly does not put patient care first.

Submitted July 31, 2013

Was referred to Dr. Wright-Smith by my GP. He was prepared to see me almost immediately on the advice of my GP. He diagnosed me quickly and had me in hospital within 4 hours undergoing an angiogram. This lead to bypass surgery. Dr. Wright-Smith is an excellent Cardiologist, he is professional, caring, patient and was prepared to listen and respond to my concerns. Would recommend to anyone who needs a cardiologist.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Great doctor, very helpful and friendly.You feel you can trust him with his advice and opinion. And of course the procedure I needed was no problem.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010