Ratings for Dr. Paula Rackoff

Short tempered. Always 1-2 hours late. Unsympathetic. Cruel, even. Treated me with 2 toxic meds for over a year for a disease I never had. Man-handled me, berated me for having to repeat herself (I wear hearing aids) and then subjected me to a battery of tests...meant for another patient. She starts out kind and caring, but if your case isn't "interesting" to her, you're out of luck in getting any attention paid. She also drank a diet coke and took a personal call during the 15 minute appointment I had waited 2 and 1/2 hours to see her. Then she proceeded to roughly examine me while yelling the whole time that there are "people who are way more sick than I am." Just steer clear.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

There is nothing better than a reliable doctor when in need. Dr Rackoff is the most thorough, passionate, knowledgable, and reliable. The best Doc in the city. I would recommend her to anyone dealing with rheumatology and unknown pain. She will help you figure out the source of the problem and best course of action.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Rackoff not only illustrated incredible knowledge and and was able to diagnose my illness, I have to say I've never met a doctor with so much empathy and kindness. It was clear she had other patients to see that day but she was patient, engaged and attentive. I wish all doctors would follow her lead.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

She figured out a disorder I have that 3 other specialist missed. Very grateful

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Simply the most caring, thorough physician I will be sending each family member

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Paula Rackoff is the worst doctor I ever met. She is MEAN and uncaring. She is a real knowmit all. she misdiagnosed me with a chronic disease, treated me with toxic meds . Turns out I never had the disease. Stay far away from her.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I could not recommend Dr Rackoff more highly. Responds to my questions even when she is on vacation! Pamela

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr. Rackoff is truly one of the very few physicians I have seen, after seeing over dozens of doctors, who takes the time to truly review thoroughly all your issues, prior test results and clinical symptoms. She contacts other physicians you have seen as well as her colleagues (if appropriate) to gather all the information she needs to ensure you feel completely secure and taken care of clinically and personally. She cares beyond just "the numbers" - she cares about your quality of life. Dr. Rackoff is truly unique and puts the puzzle pieces together to ensure you receive the highest quality of care possible!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Rackoff every 8 wks since April 2013. It is no exaggeration to say that she gave me my life back. I'd been very ill for nearly 3 yrs, had seen more than two dozen specialists and Dr Rackoff was the only one able to diagnose and treat me. She brings to her work a keen intelligence, tremendous expertise, and a level of caring and compassion that is often hard to find in the medical world ; what's more, she never gives up--if something doesn't work, she is always willing to focus on another treatment/approach. I feel immensely fortunate to be her patient and to know that whatever medical issue might arise (and mine are quite complex), Dr. Rackoff is in my corner and has always has my well being in mind.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

She made a dx without getting my full history and spent a very brief time and wanted to put me on a strong medication otherwise wasn't interested in treating me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Paula Rackoff's Credentials

• Tagalog

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)