Ratings for Dr. Paula Rackoff

Simply the most caring, thorough physician I will be sending each family member

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Paula Rackoff is the worst doctor I ever met. She is MEAN and uncaring. She is a real knowmit all. she misdiagnosed me with a chronic disease, treated me with toxic meds . Turns out I never had the disease. Stay far away from her.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I could not recommend Dr Rackoff more highly. Responds to my questions even when she is on vacation! Pamela

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr. Rackoff is truly one of the very few physicians I have seen, after seeing over dozens of doctors, who takes the time to truly review thoroughly all your issues, prior test results and clinical symptoms. She contacts other physicians you have seen as well as her colleagues (if appropriate) to gather all the information she needs to ensure you feel completely secure and taken care of clinically and personally. She cares beyond just "the numbers" - she cares about your quality of life. Dr. Rackoff is truly unique and puts the puzzle pieces together to ensure you receive the highest quality of care possible!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Rackoff every 8 wks since April 2013. It is no exaggeration to say that she gave me my life back. I'd been very ill for nearly 3 yrs, had seen more than two dozen specialists and Dr Rackoff was the only one able to diagnose and treat me. She brings to her work a keen intelligence, tremendous expertise, and a level of caring and compassion that is often hard to find in the medical world ; what's more, she never gives up--if something doesn't work, she is always willing to focus on another treatment/approach. I feel immensely fortunate to be her patient and to know that whatever medical issue might arise (and mine are quite complex), Dr. Rackoff is in my corner and has always has my well being in mind.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

She made a dx without getting my full history and spent a very brief time and wanted to put me on a strong medication otherwise wasn't interested in treating me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Paula Rackoff is an excellent doctor who is very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Last summer I developed a pain in my left elbow and my left wrist, so much so that pulling open my shirt bureau drawer was painful. I hoped it would go away, but it didn't. Dr. Rackoff looked at it and after asking a series of questions, we figured out that I developed tendonitis by carrying around more in my briefcase starting a few months before the summer (or maybe because I'm getting older and just can't carry what I use to). I'm without pain now. I'm writing this, because Dr. Rackoff didn't want to prescribe an anti-inflamment or anything else that wasn't needed. She really thought through the problem. Thank you, Dr. Rackoff.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Really wonderful, smart, caring doctor. Called me twice after my visit. I didn't expect this kind of follow up. She was open to postponing medication which I appreciated greatly.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I was recommended to see Dr. Rackoff after getting some abnormal blood test results, when I went to her I didn't have any symptoms or any real problems. She told me that I probably was among the 5% of people who just have irregular results, well it turns out I'm not. She gave me a call a week later and told me that I have abnormal results and is sending me a prescription, but she doesn't disclose what the problem is, I have to admit I was in shock and didn't even think to ask. After I calmed down I sent her an email asking what my diagnosis is and what the prescription is for, she sent me back less than a one sentence email that he didn't even end using a period. I called her office the next day requesting more information and when she called me back she acted like me asking her the name of my diagnosis was a huge problem, she made it seem like I was wasting her time and overall she was unhelpful. I do not recommend going to her, if you can find anyone else go to them!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Paula Rackoff's Credentials

• Tagalog

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Blue Cross Of California