Ratings for Dr. Paula Rackoff

Dr Rackoff called me on a weekend to tall me that my lupus has flared and is now arranging for all my appointments at NYU to be done efficiently and quickly. I had no idea I was getting sicker, but she did. Very thankful

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I started going to Dr Rackoff in 2013 after I learned that I had osteoporosis. Her visits were very brief, but at the time I wasn't phased by that...she prescribed a medication which I only recently stopped taking. I started noticing that she was kind of curt...I know she is an excellent doctor and I know the importance of that....for some people, it's enough....for me, it needs to be coupled with kindness and patience....I remember asking her about the results of a bone density test I had just had...she said "you have osteoporosis" with a tone...I said that I know I have it....then, last summer she called after another bone density test to tell me my numbers got worse....I asked how much worse and she said with a tone "they got worse!" I asked her if I need to change the meds...she said yes, but to wait a bit....at the end of the the summer I called her to see about the meds and she said to keep taking it until I see her in January....I decided to see someone else whom my sister is seeing for the same reason....the new doctor is starting me on a different medication....I felt brushed off by Dr Rackoff....always in a rush...whether in her office or on the phone....not that I wanted to chat beyond my concerns....I know she sees all different degrees of health problems...maybe mine isn't as severe as others....but my concern is me....I don't need to feel foolish asking questions about me....we're all busy.....not just Dr Rackoff

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Rackoff for over 25 years. She has always been thorough, and attentive with great . Dr. Rackoff has always followed up with me after visits and always returns my phone calls. Most important, she has always correctly diagnosed my issues.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

What an amazing experience, professional, courteous, and helpful. A friend recommended Dr Rackoff and a could not be more happy. She took the time to hear my problems and within a short time I was feeling much better. Unlike so many doctors these days Dr Rackoff really took the time to sit and listen to what my issues were and did not just try and a throw drugs at the problem. Additionally, she connected me with another colleague who helped address an issue that she identified during one of my visits. An issue that I had not even realized was significant! Thank you so much Dr Rackoff!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Dr Rackoff came in at 7:30 to see me because of childcare issues; diagnosed me with an arthritis related to my childrens' virus and was incredibly reassuring. Very thankful

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Short tempered. Always 1-2 hours late. Unsympathetic. Cruel, even. Treated me with 2 toxic meds for over a year for a disease I never had. Man-handled me, berated me for having to repeat herself (I wear hearing aids) and then subjected me to a battery of tests...meant for another patient. She starts out kind and caring, but if your case isn't "interesting" to her, you're out of luck in getting any attention paid. She also drank a diet coke and took a personal call during the 15 minute appointment I had waited 2 and 1/2 hours to see her. Then she proceeded to roughly examine me while yelling the whole time that there are "people who are way more sick than I am." Just steer clear.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

There is nothing better than a reliable doctor when in need. Dr Rackoff is the most thorough, passionate, knowledgable, and reliable. The best Doc in the city. I would recommend her to anyone dealing with rheumatology and unknown pain. She will help you figure out the source of the problem and best course of action.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Rackoff not only illustrated incredible knowledge and and was able to diagnose my illness, I have to say I've never met a doctor with so much empathy and kindness. It was clear she had other patients to see that day but she was patient, engaged and attentive. I wish all doctors would follow her lead.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

She figured out a disorder I have that 3 other specialist missed. Very grateful

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Simply the most caring, thorough physician I will be sending each family member

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Paula Rackoff's Credentials

• Tagalog

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

AARP