You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paula Rackoff

Dr. Paula Rackoff is an excellent doctor who is very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Last summer I developed a pain in my left elbow and my left wrist, so much so that pulling open my shirt bureau drawer was painful. I hoped it would go away, but it didn't. Dr. Rackoff looked at it and after asking a series of questions, we figured out that I developed tendonitis by carrying around more in my briefcase starting a few months before the summer (or maybe because I'm getting older and just can't carry what I use to). I'm without pain now. I'm writing this, because Dr. Rackoff didn't want to prescribe an anti-inflamment or anything else that wasn't needed. She really thought through the problem. Thank you, Dr. Rackoff.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Really wonderful, smart, caring doctor. Called me twice after my visit. I didn't expect this kind of follow up. She was open to postponing medication which I appreciated greatly.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I was recommended to see Dr. Rackoff after getting some abnormal blood test results, when I went to her I didn't have any symptoms or any real problems. She told me that I probably was among the 5% of people who just have irregular results, well it turns out I'm not. She gave me a call a week later and told me that I have abnormal results and is sending me a prescription, but she doesn't disclose what the problem is, I have to admit I was in shock and didn't even think to ask. After I calmed down I sent her an email asking what my diagnosis is and what the prescription is for, she sent me back less than a one sentence email that he didn't even end using a period. I called her office the next day requesting more information and when she called me back she acted like me asking her the name of my diagnosis was a huge problem, she made it seem like I was wasting her time and overall she was unhelpful. I do not recommend going to her, if you can find anyone else go to them!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

DR Rackoff called me on Thanksgiving to tell me about blood tests I was very anxious about - reassured me ( albeit w medication) and I was then able to enjoy the holiday w my family. Very grateful

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

DR Rackoff made me feel very at ease about a more serious kind of arthritis I did not realize I had. She set me up with a gastroenterologist the very next day and I finally think I will get better now with the right diagnosis

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I have seen dr. 2 times since 2014, I went to her, because her experience, but I was somewhat disappointed, the first visit, I waited more 30 mins, short as my appointment less than 10 mins, but she spend more than 5 mins on the phone, I thought was rude, instead to find out my med background, she could not give me any suggestion, second time I went, I have to give her my suggestion to have some test done. Call back was not great experience, I sent email to her, never got reply... I am going to see her again; if this time is bad, I will change dr. ... too bad I really wish I find a good dr. ...

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Excellent in every category. Very professional and the most effective Rheumatologist I experienced since developing certain pain over the past decade. I plan to follow Dr Rackoff wherever she goes. As far as any waiting time, it should be expected as great doctors will fit emergency appointments into their schedule. This benefits all patients eventually.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Dr. Paula Rackoff's Credentials

• Tagalog

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

AARP
HIP
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Paula Rackoff is an excellent doctor who is very caring and knowledgeable. "

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Last summer I developed a pain in my left elbow and my left wrist, so much so that pulling open my shirt bureau drawer was painful. I hoped it would go away, b..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Really wonderful, smart, caring doctor. Called me twice after my visit. I didn't expect this kind of follow up. She was open to postponing medication which I ap..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was recommended to see Dr. Rackoff after getting some abnormal blood test results, when I went to her I didn't have any symptoms or any real problems. She tol..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "DR Rackoff called me on Thanksgiving to tell me about blood tests I was very anxious about - reassured me ( albeit w medication) and I was then able to enjoy th..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "DR Rackoff made me feel very at ease about a more serious kind of arthritis I did not realize I had. She set me up with a gastroenterologist the very next day a..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have seen dr. 2 times since 2014, I went to her, because her experience, but I was somewhat disappointed, the first visit, I waited more 30 mins, short as my..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent in every category. Very professional and the most effective Rheumatologist I experienced since developing certain pain over the past decade. I plan ..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rackoff has been my doctor for the past 20 years and I plan to have her continue for the next 20! So glad she is now at NYU. Very caring and brilliant"

April 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "very caring and attentive Helped me deal with a diagnosis I wish I didn't have. Feel very grateful"

March 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I moved here from LA and after 1 year of searching I finally found the best diagnostician in NYC"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "First rheumatologist I saw that explained to me what an undifferentiated connective tissue disease actually is and now I am willing to take medication. She cal..."

October 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=138266'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.4

March 7, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=138266'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.5

February 5, 2014