Ratings for Dr. Normand Beland

I agree with others' assessments of this dentist and when I had to seek a dentist for my child, I told staff that I didn't want him. I have had to have extensive work done in my mouth as I have been plagued with cavities, but even as his hygienists have pointed out, no plaque. It takes months to secure an appointment and refuse an appointment when you're on the waiting list and you're removed. When he was performing a root canal on me he remarked that I was clenching my fists so tightly and I told him because the freezing needle hurt. Not that he was bad at it, but that it hurt. He took this as an insult and defended himself by making me feel small because he's been doing this for a very very very long time and he knows what he's doing. I'm sorry but a needle in the mouth is a needle in the mouth and it hurts. Never can get an appointment unless it's an emergency with him or the hygienists, we have also sought outside help for our family ....I won't be going back to Norm, being in pain and being berated is just not fun, he needs to retire

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

My family of six had been seing Dr. Beland for over 10 years, I decided to try a different Dental Clinic for 1 year only because his rates had increased & waiting time for an apointment was too long, after that year I decided to return us all to Dr. Beland & due to my decision to try a new Dental Clinic, Dr. Beland was never the same, he seemed to be extremely offended but never communicated that very properly or professionally, only became very rude, unhelpful & took many rude pop shots whenever he possibly could in regards to my children now being scared of him or dental work because we didn't stay with the same Dentist throughout but my kids never changed in this regard, they were always a little nervous for certain procedures, and we were only gone 1 year, so his theory on fear developing over changing Dentist for a few appointments was very inrrational, and he used this theory over & over again for a long time in order to get his point across that he was betrayed & fealt we weren't being very loyal. He made the kids feel unconforatable, nervous & unwelcome after we returned & he refused every suggestion I or my Teenagers had afterwards, he would always agree before we made that year switch & just to feed his ego, everything they wanted done, especially cosmetically, he disagreed & refused to do afterwards, needless to say, we no longer see Dr.Beland & I tried giving him a chance to change or become the Professional, Kind & Curtious Dentist we once knew but he never could get over it & was even rudder as time past! Do Not consider this Dentist unless you plan on staying for the duratuion & do not get your teeth cleaned by another Hygienest office either, he takes just as bad offence to this as he does seing another Dentist for any reason! I think he's " In it for the Money only & not the care or concern of the patient anymore & he has an Alter Ego! to say the least!"

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Beland has been my dentist for about 10 years. Every time I would go for a cleaning I'd get a different girl even though I told them I always liked a certain one. I started going to a hygiene clinic for my cleanings and I'm very happy there. When I went to see Dr. Beland for a check up (my new hygienist told me I had to go back to see him for a check) he said that if I don't come back to see his hygienist that he would not help me if I ever broke a tooth or had a tooth ache. I told him that I didn't like his girls who clean teeth and that I like where I go now but he still yelled at me and said I should think carefully about this. He is a good dentist and has never hurt me but his manners suck. His front desk staff are pretty rude too and don't even look up at you when you are standing right in front of them. I will not be going back to see him again because I know I have the right to have my teeth cleaned where ever I want and I won't be bullied by a dentist! And I'm pretty sure that ethically he has to see anyone who has a tooth ache or broken tooth even if they don't get their teeth cleaning done by his office.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Beland doesn't show respect towards a clients decision to seek dental hygiene care with an independent hygienist even though the clients continues to see him for dental exams. He harasses and threatens his clients not to see them for emergencies or will charge them more if his clients seek their dental hygiene care outside of his office. No disrespect to his current dental hygiene team but not everyone has an entrepreneur goals to have their own clinic. Clients that spend thousands of dollars on major restorative treatment encouraged by the independent hygienist and the client is disrespected for supporting a hygienist that he/she is comfortable with. The message is very clear to clients that he's looking outfit himself only. I would like to see him do the same threats if one if his clients seek their prosthodontics, orthodontics or surgical care elsewhere? The hygienist in that office need to address this concern as they are mocking our profession by getting the ODA which still governs dental assistants to scale teeth! The communities need to know that they have a choice when it comes to oral hygiene care and to all hygienist who work in a traditional office, there's nothing comparable to deliver oral hygiene care to your clients on your own time! Physicians work with nurse practioners, time for the dentist to embrace the goal of delivering optimal oral health with the independent dental hygienist!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

My girlfriend recommend Dr Beland, I have been seeing a periodontist in Toronto for years now (the closest I could get without a 6-9 month wait) on meeting Norm, my fears were totally eliminated, he was right on board, we all worked together and I still have my teeth...woo hoo...just got a call today that they hired a periodontist , I will be his first patient, so grateful to Dr Beland, his team and my favourite hygienist Katilyn.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Amazing doctor, gentle and listens. Hard to book and never on time.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Beland is one of the best. The only thing is that it takes long to get an appointment. But, it`s worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

He is a knowledgeable, patient, and caring dentist. He is an absolutely amazing dentist and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Always have to wait a while before seeing him... sometimes an hour.. very busy office. Sometimes feels like I am being rushed. His nurses are very friendly, chatty and there to answer questions. He is a good dentist, very gentle, never feel the needles.. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I've had Dr. Beland for years. Never felt so much as a needle. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011