Dr. J. Chris Coetzee

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. J. Chris Coetzee

He makes allot of promises he can't keep. After several surgeries having promised smaller and straighter I ended up with larger and shorter, straighter was questionable. Not happy with result.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

In fall of 2016, I fell, broke, and badly sprained my right ankle and foot. I originally went to TRIA for treatment which seemed effective until about 5 months after the injury I was still having significant pain. The treatment I was given there was time and more PT. Eventually, I was in so much pain that I ended up back on crutches and couldn't put much weight on my right foot. Despite this, and even after an MRI on which they found no problems, TRIA insisted on time, PT, and for me to "ditch the sticks." Needless to say, I searched for a second opinion and found Dr. Coetzee. After hearing about my accident and treatment at TRIA, Dr. Coetzee and his staff opened a slot for me to see him, and booked me for surgery. Within 30 seconds of meeting him and seeing me, I got more information than I had had in the last 7 months at TRIA: my ankle was obviously unstable, and he found and showed me immediately where I had torn a ligament in my initial accident. The next day, I had surgery and I have never looked back. I am not only able to walk without pain, but am almost fully back to my active life style -- and am only 10 weeks out of surgery!!! I am eternally grateful to Dr. Coetzee and his staff not only for catching this, but for being so kind, efficient, honest, and flexible with me. Furthermore, Dr. Coetzee is very humble and definitely knows what he is doing. For anyone with foot and ankle problems, this is your surgeon!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

He is one of the best in the country. He is very caring and a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I had double bunion foot surgery performed by Dr. Coetzee May 2015. I was able to swim and bike a couple of weeks after surgery. The first summer after the surgery was a bit of a recovery process trying to find the right sandals to wear but I would highly recommend this . I am writing this review almost a year after my surgery (11 months). I can hardly tell I had surgery, my feet feel and look great and I can wear shoes that would normally be very painful due to the bunions. I did this surgery due to the pain my bunions caused while wearing shoes, not because I didn't like how the bunions looked and I realized the surgery improved my foot in other ways overall. For example prior to the surgery the whole foot and legs would ache after a long hike in addition to the bunion area, now I can hike without all of that pain afterwards. And I can wear so many different shoes now and not have to search for wide width shoes all of the time. Note; one incision did get infected but that can occur regardless of the surgeon. I put vitamin E on the scars after the healing started and a yearn later I can hardly see the scars anymore. It took me 9 months to get in with him for the consult but knew I wanted the surgery done and scheduled it right away and had the surgery done 6 weeks later. I was referred to him by a nurse who had him do her surgery and found out later he is a team doctor for the Minnesota Vikings! He knows what he is doing!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr Coetzee has surgically fixed both of my ankles at different times and for different issues, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of my surgeries, and the care I received from Dr. Coetzee! He is very caring, knowledgeable, takes the time to get to know you as a patient and discusses what the best path is to follow! I highly recommend Dr. Coetzee and will ONLY see him if I have any future injuries!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

A car accident in 1991 left me with two crushed ankles. They were put back together and I walked on them for a few years. When I could no longer tolerate the pain, I opted for a double ankle allograft. One worked for 10 years and the other for 15. Five years ago I went to Dr. Coetzee because I could no longer walk more than a few feet. He gave me my first artificial ankle. This February I had the other ankle replaced by Dr. Coetzee with an artificial. This was a difficult thing for me to go through, but I was out of options. Dr. Coetzee is kind, sensitive, compassionate and enthusiastic about what he does. It is July 2015 and I am walking without any pain. Dr. Coetzee literally gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Feel so fortunate to have Dr Coatzee as my surgeon . I have a plethora of foot & ankle issues and Dr Coatzee has Never been unable to help me.!! He is also very patient and mind . His staff is also excellent.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

It was very difficult to wait 8 months for an initial appointment, but I figured that must mean he is in high demand for a reason. I have some issues that make healing from surgery difficult. After the surgery, he urged patience for 6 months, always kind and listening carefully at follow-up appointments. In the end, he suggested additional treatment (not surgery) to achieve the best result. Now, 9 months after surgery, I have complete recovery, and I'm glad he insisted on the slow, careful healing process.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr Coetzee is a wonderful doctor as well as caring person. He is certainly very knowledgeable and outstanding in what he does. He is rated one of the countries best ankle and foot surgeons and deservedly so. He personally called me to give me the biopsy results from the mass under my foot he removed and took the time to explain what these results meant. I am in the medical field and have dealt with many doctors. He is one of the BEST!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Superb physician. Listens, very, very competent. Wouldn't go to anyone else for foot issues.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. J. Chris Coetzee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

His special orthopedic interests are foot and ankle reconstruction, trauma injuries and sports medicine.

• English