Dr. J. Chris Coetzee

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. J. Chris Coetzee

Performed surgery on my shattered ankle when I couldn't find a surgeon who would because it was beyond their skill level. 2 recommended Dr. Coatzee, and he was great!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Dr Coetzee has done multiple surgerys on both of my ankles. What he has predicted for my future for my ankles has been spot on. I trust him and his judgment. He is a great doctor who knows alot about the foot and ankle. I wouldn't put my trust in anyone else. I highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Everything he promised me after my ankle surgery has come to past. I am able to get around pain free after have three screws put into my ankle to reattach my bone that I broke. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I had surgery in February 2010 , I was in so much pain before surgery I could barely walk ,after a calcaneal osteotomy and realignment of the posterior hindfoot and a few months of healing I have been totally pain free. I have even been walking five miles most days.. Would highly recommend Dr. Coetzee ....... l

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr Coetzee, David, and coordinator Sue are an outstanding group of talented professionals! I’d give them a 10 if I could. Thanks for the great the great care. JS -Ankle fixation. 8/2016

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

He makes allot of promises he can't keep. After several surgeries having promised smaller and straighter I ended up with larger and shorter, straighter was questionable. Not happy with result.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. J. Chris Coetzee

Dr. J. Chris Coetzee's response
Dear RateMDs Guest, We apologize for the experience you had with Dr. Coetzee. Your feedback is an opportunity for us to review our processes and we would love the chance to discuss this matter further with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 952 456-7138 . Sincerely, Twin Cities Orthopedics

Submitted October 20, 2017

In fall of 2016, I fell, broke, and badly sprained my right ankle and foot. I originally went to TRIA for treatment which seemed effective until about 5 months after the injury I was still having significant pain. The treatment I was given there was time and more PT. Eventually, I was in so much pain that I ended up back on crutches and couldn't put much weight on my right foot. Despite this, and even after an MRI on which they found no problems, TRIA insisted on time, PT, and for me to "ditch the sticks." Needless to say, I searched for a second opinion and found Dr. Coetzee. After hearing about my accident and treatment at TRIA, Dr. Coetzee and his staff opened a slot for me to see him, and booked me for surgery. Within 30 seconds of meeting him and seeing me, I got more information than I had had in the last 7 months at TRIA: my ankle was obviously unstable, and he found and showed me immediately where I had torn a ligament in my initial accident. The next day, I had surgery and I have never looked back. I am not only able to walk without pain, but am almost fully back to my active life style -- and am only 10 weeks out of surgery!!! I am eternally grateful to Dr. Coetzee and his staff not only for catching this, but for being so kind, efficient, honest, and flexible with me. Furthermore, Dr. Coetzee is very humble and definitely knows what he is doing. For anyone with foot and ankle problems, this is your surgeon!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

He is one of the best in the country. He is very caring and a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I had double bunion foot surgery performed by Dr. Coetzee May 2015. I was able to swim and bike a couple of weeks after surgery. The first summer after the surgery was a bit of a recovery process trying to find the right sandals to wear but I would highly recommend this . I am writing this review almost a year after my surgery (11 months). I can hardly tell I had surgery, my feet feel and look great and I can wear shoes that would normally be very painful due to the bunions. I did this surgery due to the pain my bunions caused while wearing shoes, not because I didn't like how the bunions looked and I realized the surgery improved my foot in other ways overall. For example prior to the surgery the whole foot and legs would ache after a long hike in addition to the bunion area, now I can hike without all of that pain afterwards. And I can wear so many different shoes now and not have to search for wide width shoes all of the time. Note; one incision did get infected but that can occur regardless of the surgeon. I put vitamin E on the scars after the healing started and a yearn later I can hardly see the scars anymore. It took me 9 months to get in with him for the consult but knew I wanted the surgery done and scheduled it right away and had the surgery done 6 weeks later. I was referred to him by a nurse who had him do her surgery and found out later he is a team doctor for the Minnesota Vikings! He knows what he is doing!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr Coetzee has surgically fixed both of my ankles at different times and for different issues, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of my surgeries, and the care I received from Dr. Coetzee! He is very caring, knowledgeable, takes the time to get to know you as a patient and discusses what the best path is to follow! I highly recommend Dr. Coetzee and will ONLY see him if I have any future injuries!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. J. Chris Coetzee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

His special orthopedic interests are foot and ankle reconstruction, trauma injuries and sports medicine.

• English