Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Barbour

Rude!!! He did surgery on my elbow. At my post- op visit, he wouldn't give me the time of day. He has know idea if my elbow is healing because he wouldn't listen to anything I had to say. I will not return and will not refer anyone to him!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

He could care less about your elbow , unless he can do surgery, I would not let him touch my dog

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Rude, arrogant and demeaning to me as a patient and, on another occasion, as mother of a patient. He gets no more chances from this family or anyone who values our opinion. I hear he's nice to staff and socially. What does this say about his character? Anyone who abuses power over the vulnerable and fragile is a sad, pathetic human being. One partner asked if I'd rather have a nice doctor or a good one. The fact that his partners know about, and condone, his behavior reflects poorly on the entire group. He must bring in a great deal of money to his partners. There is no excuse for his attitude toward patients. If you want a compassionate and caring provider, look elsewhere. He does not tolerate, nor answer, questions.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Waste of time, in his presence less than 10 minutes... his Opinion Was ridiculous. I read the prior reviews before my appointment with him and went in open minded nonetheless, hopeful he would do his job to help diagnosis my injury. Sadly he is NOT only close-minded also NOT A care provider. , perhaps the positive reviews pertain to patients with open wounds / injuries. This review does not reflect my prior experience with The Ortho Group as I've only had good experiences with another physician there.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

This is the rudest, most arrogant Dr I have had the displeasure of encountering. Do not tell him that you have researched your medical problem, and do not tell him that staying in pain for 6 months is not proactive enough because his arrogance precludes him from any level of comprehension, compassion, or understanding. Do not go to him if you wanted to be treated as a partner in your recovery, just be honored that he has graced you with his presence and accept his superior experience because you are a faceless body and not a full person.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

This Dr done a tendon repair, twice didn't fix it first time and second time left me with a Staph infection at the surgery site. And didn't want to help with any of the procedures to fix!!!!! Very unprofessional , lack of caring , and lack of knowledge , 3 rd surgery could have been prevented!!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Dr. Barbour is no nonsense. He tells it like it is, like it or not. He doesn't sugar coat anything and it's hard to make him laugh or smile. I cut my left index finger to the bone from underneath with a Swiss Army knife. He told me "you have one of the worst and most difficult cuts you could have" b/c it was in the middle joint. Nonetheless, he put it back together and with his wonderful therapist "Vanessa" my finger is 99% perfect. Scars? Yes. Can't quite make a fist, but I can play guitar better than before. Finger is super strong. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I was warned that his manner is off putting. Sure enough, he is insensitive and terse. He doesn't answer questions thoroughly, barely answers them at all. I allowed him to perform surgery because he was recommended by two of his peers who said "Would you rather have a doctor with a good personality or one that's a good surgeon?" He said my arm would be "good as new" but it isn't anywhere near back to normal. I don't feel like he cares. I wish I had chosen someone else.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

my husband was hurt on the job and the er sent him to another er to see dr. barbour, hhe had to take his pinky finger off and draft skin on the ring finger. and through all the visits and therapy, he was very good and has the best nurse. if any one has any orthopaedic problems he is the one to see.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

Dr. Thomas M. Barbour's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)