Ratings for Dr. M. Gretchen Grant

I will never go back to this doctor's office again. The doctor examined me as fast as she could, barely listening to a word I said before insisting that there was nothing any dermatologist nor plastic surgeon would be able to do to help me. She then wrote down the name of a product I could pick up at the pharmacy, however the CVS pharmacy manager confirmed that such product does not exist. This doctor was beyond unhelpful, and had no bedside manner whatsoever. I would provide a rating of zero stars if possible.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I was a new patient of Dr Grant and was able to get an appt within two weeks. Dr Grant is very thorough in her exam. I've been to several dermatologists in the capital area and on Long Island and she is one of two to actually check my scalp. She repeated;y asked me if I had any other concerns. Coming from LI where you routinely wait in any dr office for an hour or two, I have no issue with waiting 15 minutes. I will be bringing my 3 kids to her next.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

The wait time is laughable, but frankly I don't care because Dr. Grant is always there when I need her. When I have a skin "emergency" I can usually get in same or next day and she puts my mind at ease. She's funny (albeit quirky) and she always reviews my chart thoroughly with me to address any changes or new issues I may have.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

have never waited less than 45 minutes--which I find very unprofessional. Dr. Grant adequate, but not necessarily worth the wait. Staff member Sharon seems very competent and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Grant is professional and friendly. Most importantly, she knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Every single time I have gone into the office for an appointment I wait at least a half hour and that's a good day. Most days it takes at least an hour. Even when I have been the first appointment in the morning she shows up late. When i finally get called into a room it's still another wait. She does not seem to care much for why I am there or take what I say into consideration. She has been very rude to me and very unprofessional. I have also been asked to look things up for her as if it is my responsibility to fill her in on daily news. I feel as if my seven year old students could do a more adequate job.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Very happy after my appointment today. I have a history of melanoma and Dr. Grant was very thorough and informative during the exam. Wait was about 30 mins, but I am not unhappy with that considering the time she spent with me.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I called Dr. Grants office to make an appointment (first time) And I was amazed that they were able to get me in the next day. Dr. Grant and her staff made me feel so comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I had previously gone to another dermatologist in Schenectady who tried to sell me all sorts of things I wasn't interested in or there for. I had gone for a mark on my face I was concerned about. He told me the mark was nothing but scheduled me to come back and have it removed. I never went back. I immediately made an appointment with Dr. Grant. She also told me the mark on my face was nothing and she didn't try to sell me anything or schedule me for surgery!!!! She then found a spot on my leg where I had once had a mole removed and was told it was benign. She told me she wanted me to go to a plastic surgeon to have this checked out. I thought it was crazy but I took her advice and went to the surgeon she suggested. It turned out to be melanoma and I was told if I had waited another 6 months my leg would have been very disfigured by the amount she would have had to cut out. I have told Dr. Grant a few times that she saved my life and her remark is always no God saved your life, I just helped. Wait times are sometimes longer although that appears to have gotten better. I have also called her office wanting her to check something that I am very worried about and have gotten in the exact same day. She is worth the wait but really there isn't always a wait. I trust her wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Wait time issue has improved. Dr. Grant is a caring and competent physician. Would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. M. Gretchen Grant's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

AARP