You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tamara M. Simon

Rudest, most uncaring Doctor I have ever been to. It is obvious her goal is not to help women but take advantage of them. I would never go back to her or recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I had been to three other doctors about my thyroid, and all of them said my test results were just fine. I knew something was wrong because I was exhausted all of the time, (no matter how much I slept), my skin was dry and itchy, my hair was falling out like crazy, and I couldn't drop a single pound even on a 1200 calorie per day diet with exercise! Dr. Tamara Simon ran all of the tests for thyroid. When I came back she put me on thyroid medication that has totally changed my life! She said she treats the PATIENT not the NUMBERS on the test. My thyroid was low functioning but not enough to show up on the tests the other doctors ran. I have scheduled an appointment for the NovaSure and I can't wait to stop having periods. The staff has always been friendly to me, and last time I went in (yesterday) they spent a lot of time answering all of my many questions about NovaSure. I would definitely recommend Dr. Simon to a friend.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

First and foremost, do not waste your time scheduling an appointment with this office. Aside from the staff being rude and snobby, it is apparent that Dr. Simon is in practice soley for the money rather than for the patients care, treatment and well being. They over book appointments and do not return calls. The tests that were done, supposedly did not determine any diagnosis and they ketp pushing for the NovaSure procedure and wanted me to schedule an appointment right away to have it done. When leaving that day, I paid what my portion of the bill was (I had already contacted my insureance to find out what the allowable contractual amount was) and they told me I had no balance. I was harrassed for still owing a balance. I decided to get a second opinion and come to find out I had a serious condition and needed to have a partial hysterectomy. I was told the tests that were ran at RMGH should have give some red flags there was something serous going on. I feel that Dr. Simon and her staff are all about money and status. Something interesting my family MD had commented once, a doctor who does advertising (radio) is a red flag. Now I hear the most asinine and annoying radio commercial for this practice with woman who can't sing to save their life! I would not go to this practice just for this horrible advertisement!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I visited Dr. Simon's office for 9 months before finally throwing in the towel. At my initial visit, the wrong labs & tests were done & when I asked Dr. Simon about on a follow-up she said, "Oh, I hoped you wouldn't ask about those" and proceeded to blame someone else. That should have been my first clue to leave. Dr. Simon's manner is abrupt & direct. She leaves little room for questions & does not explain care well even when directly asked. I received treatment for a supposed condition for 6 months, including steroid & hormonal creams and a painful vaginal biopsy, only to discover in the end that I had previously come back positive for a yeast infection that was never treated. It was noted on my chart & the nurse & Dr played the blame game as to why no one had noticed & treated me for it in the time I had been coming there. The infection had become so widespread & chronic by this time I could barely sit for periods of time & was in constant pain. One simple treatment & I was fine. We spent 6 painful months chasing the wrong diagnosis because my chart wasn't adequately reviewed. The office called me back with the biopsy results later stating it was inconclusive but that Dr. Simon was certain her initial diagnosis was correct. I requested that I would like to speak to Dr. Simon personally about my results & each time another nurse called me back. I will never return to this office. I would strongly recommend avoiding her practice.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

More than once, I made an appointment with Dr. Simon. Each time, a day or two ahead (after waiting 4-5 weeks for the appt.) they called and said she was not available for one reason or another and wanted to schedule me with the NP and then schedule with Dr. Simon "later." It was fairly obvious they were trying to funnel patients to the NP. I did not schedule this appt. to meet with an "unknown" NP. After looking at these ratings online, I can see it was a mistake to schedule with her at all.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Tamara M. Simon's Credentials

• Eastern Va Med Sch Of The Med Coll Of Hampton Roads, Norfolk Va 23501 (Grad. 1996)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rudest, most uncaring Doctor I have ever been to. It is obvious her goal is not to help women but take advantage of them. I would never go back to her or recomm..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Simon for over 2 years. The care I receive is well above satisfactory! "

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tamara Simon's practices state of the art hormone therapy. I applaud her efforts to practice HT where other local physicians have not. Saved my life. "

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack,quack!"

June 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had been to three other doctors about my thyroid, and all of them said my test results were just fine. I knew something was wrong because I was exhausted all ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "First and foremost, do not waste your time scheduling an appointment with this office. Aside from the staff being rude and snobby, it is apparent that Dr. Simon..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Simon's office for 9 months before finally throwing in the towel. At my initial visit, the wrong labs & tests were done & when I asked Dr. Simon a..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Simon's for over 4 years and I have only had wonderful experiences."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "More than once, I made an appointment with Dr. Simon. Each time, a day or two ahead (after waiting 4-5 weeks for the appt.) they called and said she was not av..."

November 10, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Tamara" to "Tamara M."

April 8, 2012