Ratings for Dr. Valeriu E. Andrei

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Andrei and his staff. They are caring, kind and knowledgeable. My surgery went beautifully and I feel like a new healthier person. I never ever waited more than five minutes at any appointment and left each visit having all of my questions answered.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr Andrei performed my surgery. I never had complications with the surgery, and have done well afterward with my weight loss. However, I since moved away and was not given a reference to find a new surgeon, I was told to just find a GP. How can you have your body permanently altered and not need a relationship with a bariatric surgeon? This doesn't make good ethical sense to me. The staff is very nice but they really don't stress the need for post surgery support groups and this lack of support in my leaving the practice is disappointing.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Andrei Saved my life. I had a cardiac issue that he directed me to the right place and then did surgery with me and I lost over 120 lbs. Scoring a 5 is not enough because he and his staff have always been over and above a 5.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

Dr Andrei is a very qualified surgeon. However he is a very good businessman also. You only see him twice before surgery, once to discharge you, and you never see him afterwards. He delegates his work to the dietician and nurse. If you want to ask him a question, you ask them and they never relay it to him. I guess I don't understand why he wouldn't want to see you at least once post surgery, it seems the ethical thing to do. This rating is based on the office staff that you will interact with, since you don't interact with the doctor himself.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr Andrei and his staff are caring, compassionate and non-judgemental. They are extremely friendly and helpful, and willing to help in any way! The best physician and staff I have ever had experience with.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Andrei did my gastic bypass 7 1/2 years ago. I had a 125 lb weight loss. He changed and saved my life. To this day I have kept off the weight. But as he stresses you need to go to his support groups. It helps alot.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

Dr. Andrei and his staff are the best. Not only before surgery but also after, Dr. Andrei has an active part in your recovery...I received a call each day after surgery for the first week asking me how I was doing, etc. Dr. Andrei is soft spoken and truly cares about his patients. He is the finest bariatric surgeon I have come across.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008