Ratings for Dr. Justin V Bartos

Though Dr. Bartos is a good doctor, his nursing staff and office management are horrible. It is difficult to get an appointment, wait times are long; nursing staff does not follow through with patient requests; takes several phone calls to get results. Dr. takes too much time on the computer filling in info and not enough time talking and finding out what is wrong. I've been going to Dr. Bartos for over 15 years, but this year I have changed doctors because I have lost confidence in him and can't tolerate his staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

This Dr.'s staff is completely without a doubt the worse office staff I have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with. After the last two incidents I will be reporting them to the medical board.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

My family has been going to Dr. Bartos for years. My daughter recently got sick away at college in Oklahoma and the ER doctors in OK diagnosed her with bronchitis and sent her home. She worsened and went back two more times and they kept sending her home. It was a total of 3 visits to the ER in Oklahoma, and the same thing.. they would send her home. Drove up to OK, brought my daughter home to Texas and drove straight to a nearby ER. Same thing.... doctors sent her home. Drove straight to Dr. Bartos office after ER visit and Dr. Bartos had my daughter admitted to the hospital and was quick to diagnose my daughter with Staph Pneumonia. She would have died if I hadn't taken her to see Dr. Bartos. Even though you may have to wait a while in the waiting room, he is definitely worth the wait. That means that he will take the time with you as a patient just as he is taking his time with his other patients. I thank him for saving my daughter's life. Extremely knowledgeable in his field!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

This is the worst doctor's office. The staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. The wait time is absolutely ridiculous. You are looking at 30 minutes in the waiting room and another hour at LEAST in the examination room. I have been a patient there for 3 years and I waited for an 1 1/2 hours today and no one checked on me or anything. So I left. My husband left this practice last month because of the wait times and because Dr. Bartos misdiagnosed my husbands hernia twice! Do Not go to this doctor's office. I wouldn't even let them refer me, I don't want anything to do with this docotor's office.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr Bartos is a very good doctor, it's his front office staff that is really bad. No compassion for sick patients, no customer service skills at all. They are very nice to each other but rude to patients. Wait times are always over an hour. One time I waited 2 hours in the examining room, then gave up and went home. No one ever came in to check on me, I think they forgot I was there. It's too bad because if you can get through all that, Dr Bartos is very good. He has helped me in the past with a serious medical condition. But I will probably change doctors this year out of sheer frustration with his staff.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

Takes time with each patient and is very understanding. wants the best for all patients. listens to all ailments and is treats accordingly. Love this dr.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr. Justin V Bartos's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1982)

Amerigroup