Ratings for Dr. I. Cagiannos

Hearing the word cancer is never going to be easy. Hearing it when you had no idea that was going the be the prognosis is especially hard. Dr. Cagiannos and his team made the process easier by explaining what was going on, what the possibilities were, what my options were, etc. During my surgery and recover in hospital, he and his team were very attentive and accommodating. Now, 1 year later, I appreciate the continued concern and care as I work through my recovery and whatever the future holds.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Kidney cancer is a horrific and scary word. But Dr. Ilias Cagiannos in Ottawa General Hospital works wonders. Two days in the hospital (surgery) and you are back home and in front of your TV. Thank you Doctor and the entire medical team and staff who cared for me prior to, during and after my surgery. Thank you for your years of hard study and gifted skills. Thank you for your heart of care and kindness. Dr. Ilias Cagiannos is a world class surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Of all the doctors I've seen in my life, this guy is the most impressive, caring, to the point, feel good doctor I have ever consulted. And this is after my first appointment with him. Wow

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Amazing Dr. To the point no bs, he is currently saving my life from a rare Urachal cancer. Couldn't ask for a better caregiver.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Thanks Dr Cagiannos for saving my life and treating my prostate cancer. Thank you also for getting me to Dr Bella at his new clinic to recover my manhood. We are forever in your debt.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Most Surgeons have the label as being indifferent towards the 'person' inside their patients and appear to feel superior over everyone else. Not Dr. Cagiannos. He is caring, knowledgeable and a joy to know. Both Dr. Cagiannos and Vanessa make the trips to the hospital and the operating room as pleasant as possible. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I truly wish all specialists had Dr Cagiannos' bedside manner! He is by far the kindest most informative specialist we have ever met. As for knowledge, he is head of Robotics at the General Hospital for a reason, he is definitely the most knowledgeable and helpful Dr the hospital has we are sure! He was honest with our diagnosis before and after surgery and was able to completely put us at ease with his methods of treatment. Also, I never felt that I was asking a stupid question, he just translated the terms to English!! Thank you Dr Cagiannos!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Very knowledgeable, compassionate, easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I went in as an emergency with my first ever kidney stones. He quickly assessed the situation, blasted the stones and set me up for a speedy recovery. As I had just (four days earlier) had my gall bladder removed, he was thoughtful and considerate of all the complications that I was facing. Excellent care.....patient with my questions...good suggestions on how to manage with the two surguries....great staff. Couldn't have had better care. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Authentic, caring and very professional. We felt reassured under his care.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013