Ratings for Dr. Ray Daly

waiting area extremely outdated and not presentable...for a moment doubted if I was in the right place... Waited over 20 minutes to be invited into an office that badly needed some fresh air and sprucing up. Not impressed.

Submitted October 31, 2016

Dissapointed....This office is open only twice a week and late afternoon appointments are very limited. Too bad we learned this after we had already invested our time and money into the initial consultation. Prior to the first visit, the secretary "guaranteed" flexibilty for existing patients (I specifically asked). Not true and this left me feeling tricked and misled. Dr. Daly was pleasant, but that is not enough for me to rate his knowledge or helpfulness. Unless your work allows you to attend mid day appointments, do not bother...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I think Dr. Daly is the best psychologist out there in any city. His sense of humour is delightful, his neurobiofeedback picks up my mood, he explains this carefully and more than once if necessary and makes super analogies. I've had many ah ah moments and I want to thank him for all his fine work!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Heartfelt thanks for saving my life. Amazing and helpful

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Just a very good person with a wealth of perspective. So easy to talk with and he gets you to think. Funny with a booming laugh. He always had a good relevant anecdote to assist in explaining a point. He got me to think differently by unlearning the old ways. The best! We're lucky to have him in our community. I would be remiss if I did not say how wonderful Dr. Ray's assistant and support staff are. A+ all around.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

A truly remarkable man. He is empathetic, knowledgable, and incredibly helpful. He builds a rapport quickly and easily. He is very easy to talk to and leads you to where you need to go while making you feel like you've gotten there yourself. It feels like he is my friend and not a doctor. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr Daly saved my marriage from a narcissist trying her hardest to ruin it. He showed me everything from his perspective and taught me things about her personality that I would have never been able to understand on my own. I feel so much better and I'm going to miss seeing him. I'm thinking about going to do neurofeedback just so that I can stay in touch with him and he can calm me down at the same time! Best doctor ever, seen him after one year of torture and pain that I never thought I would get over. I'm much better now and see things so clearly. Thank You dr Daly!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Ray Daly was extremely helpful in getting me through a tough period in my life....he is an excellent psychologist with a world of knowledge...a kind, considerate and compassionate man willing to listen then provide credible explanations and pertinent suggestions....it has been my fortunate luck to have met and been counseled by this great man/Dr.

Submitted January 5, 2016

Our eight-year-old son was treated for Tourette’s syndrome by Dr. Daly and his partner Ms. Bela Lev, MSW. He was diagnosed by the chief neurologist in a prestigious medical school. He was prescribed powerful meds and sent home. A 6 month follow up was scheduled. He took the meds twice and stopped due to severe side effects. Daily, he had multiple movement disorders, uncontrolled bouts of rage, spasmodic head and eye movements, continuous facial tics, head/neck spasms, and explosive speech. His symptoms worsened at school when stressed and he was ridiculed by peers. We heard about the neurofeedback used by Dr. Daly and his colleague Bela Lev MSW and made an appointment. This was indeed one of the most fateful decisions of our life. Dr. Daly initially assessed the electrical activity of his brain using a QEEG (a brain mapping technique). The results were used to develop customized neuro-feedback treatment programs used during treatment to help him “train his brain” and normalize his brain activity. The brain training consisted of our son sitting in a chair with 4 electrodes pasted on his head which measured his brain waves that instantly generated a graphic of a flying airplane on his computer screen. The height of the plane represented his actual brainwave activity second by second. Bela encouraged him to use his “brain” to fly the plane and keep it above the line to make his brain strong. We were told that over time this could normalize his brainwave activity and hopefully reduce and/or eliminate his symptoms. He sat there comfortably and approached the training as if it were a computer game. When he succeeded flying the plane in the correct way he would receive all kinds of positive feedback indicating success. After about 25 sessions there was a significant decrease in his symptoms particularly his emotional outbursts. We saw positive changes in facial tics and neck spasms and eye movement problems. After 40 sessions almost all the tics and motor movements were diminished to the point that they were hardly noticeable. After 55 sessions there was no signs of any Tourette symptoms. To us this was a miracle. During the course of the treatment we were provided with family therapy sessions conducted by Bela Lev to help us cope with issues that arose at home and particularly at his school. Bela made multiple visits to the school to inform them of the treatment and our son’s progress. One teacher was so afraid of him that she restrained him in a classroom until all other children boarded the bus. All this changed after treatment. It is now eight years since he has received the neuro-biofeedback treatment. He under goes a brain map every year administered by Dr. Daly to see if the gains have been sustained. No symptoms have ever reoccurred and the maps look great. He is presently a well-adjusted outgoing teenager whose has achieved well in school. P.S. We did return to the medical school for the scheduled 6-month visit to show them the results of the neuro-biofeedback treatment. Our son calmly sat cross-legged at the end of a long conference table and the chief neurologist was seated at the other end. We were surrounded by residents in white coats. A female resident seated next to him was assigned to interview him for the group. After viewing his chart, she began the interview by hesitantly saying to him that he seemed to be doing quite well and showed no symptoms as before. The previous visit, 6 months ago, had been a disaster and his chart probably contained all the details. Our son responded to her question by saying that he had been training his brain. The interviewer looked puzzled and asked him to describe what he meant. He said that “Bela lets me paste electrodes at C3, C4, CZ, and FZ (technical terms for areas of on his head) and then I make my brain strong by flying an airplane and I get points.” She looked quizzically toward us for some explanation. Just as we began to describe the treatment, the chief neurologist rudely interrupted us and said “enough of this…and stated “it was the medication that produced the results”. We immediately responded by informing him that our son only took the meds twice because they made him very ill. He hesitated for a moment, stood up, and terminated the meeting without making any additional comments. We couldn’t believe that a professional of his stature was so closed minded. Interestingly, the resident who was interviewing our son stayed behind and asked a lot of questions about the treatment. Dr. Daly and his partner Bela Lev changed our son’s life forever in ways we could never have imagined. God bless them! We will always be in their debt.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I am still alive because of Dr. Daly. He has helped me to understand life and I am better able to deal with my problems. I cannot say enough of how much he has helped me.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Ray Daly's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union