You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ray Daly

Dr. Ray Daly was extremely helpful in getting me through a tough period in my life....he is an excellent psychologist with a world of knowledge...a kind, considerate and compassionate man willing to listen then provide credible explanations and pertinent suggestions....it has been my fortunate luck to have met and been counseled by this great man/Dr.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Our eight-year-old son was treated for Tourette’s syndrome by Dr. Daly and his partner Ms. Bela Lev, MSW. He was diagnosed by the chief neurologist in a prestigious medical school. He was prescribed powerful meds and sent home. A 6 month follow up was scheduled. He took the meds twice and stopped due to severe side effects. Daily, he had multiple movement disorders, uncontrolled bouts of rage, spasmodic head and eye movements, continuous facial tics, head/neck spasms, and explosive speech. His symptoms worsened at school when stressed and he was ridiculed by peers. We heard about the neurofeedback used by Dr. Daly and his colleague Bela Lev MSW and made an appointment. This was indeed one of the most fateful decisions of our life. Dr. Daly initially assessed the electrical activity of his brain using a QEEG (a brain mapping technique). The results were used to develop customized neuro-feedback treatment programs used during treatment to help him “train his brain” and normalize his brain activity. The brain training consisted of our son sitting in a chair with 4 electrodes pasted on his head which measured his brain waves that instantly generated a graphic of a flying airplane on his computer screen. The height of the plane represented his actual brainwave activity second by second. Bela encouraged him to use his “brain” to fly the plane and keep it above the line to make his brain strong. We were told that over time this could normalize his brainwave activity and hopefully reduce and/or eliminate his symptoms. He sat there comfortably and approached the training as if it were a computer game. When he succeeded flying the plane in the correct way he would receive all kinds of positive feedback indicating success. After about 25 sessions there was a significant decrease in his symptoms particularly his emotional outbursts. We saw positive changes in facial tics and neck spasms and eye movement problems. After 40 sessions almost all the tics and motor movements were diminished to the point that they were hardly noticeable. After 55 sessions there was no signs of any Tourette symptoms. To us this was a miracle. During the course of the treatment we were provided with family therapy sessions conducted by Bela Lev to help us cope with issues that arose at home and particularly at his school. Bela made multiple visits to the school to inform them of the treatment and our son’s progress. One teacher was so afraid of him that she restrained him in a classroom until all other children boarded the bus. All this changed after treatment. It is now eight years since he has received the neuro-biofeedback treatment. He under goes a brain map every year administered by Dr. Daly to see if the gains have been sustained. No symptoms have ever reoccurred and the maps look great. He is presently a well-adjusted outgoing teenager whose has achieved well in school. P.S. We did return to the medical school for the scheduled 6-month visit to show them the results of the neuro-biofeedback treatment. Our son calmly sat cross-legged at the end of a long conference table and the chief neurologist was seated at the other end. We were surrounded by residents in white coats. A female resident seated next to him was assigned to interview him for the group. After viewing his chart, she began the interview by hesitantly saying to him that he seemed to be doing quite well and showed no symptoms as before. The previous visit, 6 months ago, had been a disaster and his chart probably contained all the details. Our son responded to her question by saying that he had been training his brain. The interviewer looked puzzled and asked him to describe what he meant. He said that “Bela lets me paste electrodes at C3, C4, CZ, and FZ (technical terms for areas of on his head) and then I make my brain strong by flying an airplane and I get points.” She looked quizzically toward us for some explanation. Just as we began to describe the treatment, the chief neurologist rudely interrupted us and said “enough of this…and stated “it was the medication that produced the results”. We immediately responded by informing him that our son only took the meds twice because they made him very ill. He hesitated for a moment, stood up, and terminated the meeting without making any additional comments. We couldn’t believe that a professional of his stature was so closed minded. Interestingly, the resident who was interviewing our son stayed behind and asked a lot of questions about the treatment. Dr. Daly and his partner Bela Lev changed our son’s life forever in ways we could never have imagined. God bless them! We will always be in their debt.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I am still alive because of Dr. Daly. He has helped me to understand life and I am better able to deal with my problems. I cannot say enough of how much he has helped me.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Daly has been a godsend for me. He has helped me tremendously. An amazing doctor and he encourages me all the time to get back to my life land to studying for my future. He has a wonderful staff and I highly recommend him. Thanks to god that I met Dr. Daly. God bless him!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Daly has given me my life back. I cannot say enough about how helpful he has been. I tried for years with other health care professionals but Dr. Daly was the only one who helped me make breakthroughs.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr Daly and Dr Robinson are responsible for my returning to work after seven years of vertigo. I am able to function and go about my duties. The support staff is excellent, always friendly and accomodating. They are great people.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Dr. Daly is a blessing in our life because if it wasn't for him and his knowledge our life would be a nightmare. We hope he will continue to help many other children because the number of children with special needs is growing. God bless him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr.Daly was very helpful in helping me to overcome my anxiety and personal fears. His meditative approach helped me to relax and focus on my problems. His Neuro bio feed back approach is helpful in teaching you how to move forward , and past your problems, so you can move on with your life. He is very knowledgeable, insightful, and helfpful. His patient demeanour helps to make you feel comfortable in learning about yourself and how to deal with your problems. He makes you feel good about yourself in the process. Well Done!!! I recommend his techniques to anyone looking for a modern approach to an always evolving world.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

just he is best of the best and I give him 10 plus

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Ray Daly's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ray Daly was extremely helpful in getting me through a tough period in my life....he is an excellent psychologist with a world of knowledge...a kind, cons..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Our eight-year-old son was treated for Tourette’s syndrome by Dr. Daly and his partner Ms. Bela Lev, MSW. He was diagnosed by the chief neurologist in a prest..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am still alive because of Dr. Daly. He has helped me to understand life and I am better able to deal with my problems. I cannot say enough of how much he has ..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Daly has been a godsend for me. He has helped me tremendously. An amazing doctor and he encourages me all the time to get back to my life land to studying f..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Daly has given me my life back. I cannot say enough about how helpful he has been. I tried for years with other health care professionals but Dr. Daly was t..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Daly and Dr Robinson are responsible for my returning to work after seven years of vertigo. I am able to function and go about my duties. The support staff i..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Daly is a blessing in our life because if it wasn't for him and his knowledge our life would be a nightmare. We hope he will continue to help many other chi..."

February 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N8N0" to "N9A4B6". Address has been updated from "None" to "41 Giles Blvd E". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "519-253-1871".

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Daly was very helpful in helping me to overcome my anxiety and personal fears. His meditative approach helped me to relax and focus on my problems. His N..."

September 3, 2014