Ratings for Dr. Terry J. Dubrow

It has taken me a long while to write this review as I've been stewing over my bad decision to have my breast reconstruction surgery from breast cancer done by Dr. Dubrow. I am located in New Jersey. I took my hard earned money thinking I was going to have the best surgeon available for botched surgeries. The first order of business was taking my credit card for the consultation fee. I set up my appointment and flew out to California. The doctor was very personable just like on TV. He promised me everything under the sun & told me I needed a little more here and a little more there for extra money! He gave me his personal phone number so I could call him on my return to New Jersey & I sent pics of my post op. He answered the first time I called. I was so impressed and told everybody how great is that. He told everything was looking good except that I had to put creams on as I was having a slight infection in my breast. I was then told to send pictures in another couple weeks. I sent pictures and didn't hear from anybody as they said they didn't receive them and I was waiting for the doctor to call me back because my breast was not looking right and he never did. I was told by his surgery consult Kim Austin to stop calling him that he was busy filming !!!! He didn't care about my concerns as a patient. After my post op and then when I was having an infection and the breast was sagging and not looking good he never had the gall to call me back. After many texts , emails and phone calls I heard from his miserable surgery consultant Kim Austin. I was shocked when she sent me an email saying he would redo my breast but of course this would mean I'd have to fly out to California again and pay surgical room fees along with anesthesia. where was I getting this extra money??? I sent a nasty email telling him how he didn't have the ethics to call me back and talk to me in person. I really don't know if Kim Austin gave him that email but I've never heard from him ever again nor her so they really do not care about their patients concerns or their botched work after getting their money in full. Please don't waste your time or your money! I feel botched worse than I was before. I should have stayed and went to Philadelphia where there are marvelous plastic surgeons that would've been paid for by my insurance. Darlene New Jersey

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have just read these comments. I live in Australia and in the Cosmetics Industry, actually in education. Being in education I feel compelled in writing the following. I feel it disgraceful that someone think they have the right to trash a Dr's reputation because they can on social Media. And to the lady from Michigan who is not going to keep her appointment, really? The lady complaining that Dr could not do her prodecure till after the summer, that is normal for a successful practice. I would be suspicious of any doctor who could just 'fit' you in. Most successful Dr's would have a waiting list of people who have had consultation before you. Another thing is when you have a consult the doctor is not always going to tell you what you want to hear. Most people have 'expectations' that just cannot be achieved .So a good Dr would tell you why. Its about bone structure. Healing is about the conditions of your health , skin and lifestyle and what YOU are prepared to do to maximise your result.These people are surgeons not magicians! And to the lady who is complaining about 'creams'. When you have a procedure done that is half of it, the success and outcome also depends on aftercare. Do your research on the skin and what it needs to repair itself. LED treatments, correct skincare, looking after yourself and not thinking you know better. So my advice to those who were going to see this Dr but after reading other peoples opinions did not. Do your research, write down your questions, ask, communicate. I will see this doctor, i will ask my questions and I have no problems paying for a consult from a Doctor who has spent years in paying for an education to get where is is. Just sayin.......

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Stay away! Dr.Dubrow is a narcissist who told me that my eyes are too small and there is nothing he can do about it. But I went to him for my nose, so he really upset me. He said he can take me after the summer, as in the summer, all the young girls in Newport get their nose jobs. Now why would I have to wait? Is my money not green? It's because he likes to work on young pretty people. I am middle aged and nice looking, but he clearly goes after the younger market. It was horrible and I had to pay for a consult.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Thank you all so much for the reviews I almost scheduled an appointment with this doctor. I would have traveled from Michigan!! I'm so happy in read about him first!!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Terrible surgeon just wants your money to pay for all his stuff he brags about. He and his phony wife are Trying to sell creams now I heard that is a joke. Stay away Fro Both of them.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I love this show. The only thing I dislike is the fact that too many of their patients have money to burn, yet all of this is free. Would be so much better if they focused on accident cases or birth defects.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I was really considering going to this doctor and coming from New Jersey but after reading these reviews I'm sadly disappointed. Have to keep searching.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Horrible doctor he just cares about the money and doesn't care for the patients DONT SPEND MONEY ON THIS FOOL

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

Submitted August 19, 2014

Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Terry J. Dubrow's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)