Ratings for Dr. David Dushenski

Rude, dismissive. Not personable. Missed a critical diagnosis which could have caused severe harm to me had I not sought a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Didn't even give me a second to speak. I have a severe chronic pain issue that I disclosed upon arrival and the registration staff printed out my med list. (I was a reg clerk in an ER before giving in to my chronic pain and resigning). So once Dr. D saw my med list refused to give me pain meds via IV and told me to take my own meds. This is after me telling him I've been trying to deal with this on my own unsuccessfully at home. Rather than risking an overdose situation at home, I came to hospital where I can be monitored. Nope, in his eyes he sees a drug seeker. Chronic pain suffers are always labeled drugs seekers and are flagged on the chart. I know this...it was part of my job to print out med lists. Anyhow, I went in for a completely different reason having nothing to do with my chronic illness, he diagnosed me with possible kidney infection when my white blood cells were normal, I had zero fever and my stabbing pains was in my upper left quadrant... I didn't go to med school but.... I was ignored by doctors and nurses for about 6 hours but the porters brought me to exray (why? I have no clue) and then ultrasound where there was no orders to do ovaries etc. Only bladder and kidneys because he was dead set on kidney infection. No pain meds, my problems are gastro, and I have a prescription for antibiotics that is torn up in the trash. Bang up job.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Great doctor. Very kind and attentive. Explained everything and answered questions.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Went into the ER at Mount Sinai Hospital after 3 doctors could not identify a very painful skin condition. He was very patient and listened to my history attentively before examining me. He looked at various parts of my skin and then told me what it was. I asked him how confident he was and he said he was almost 100% certain, but that he would refer me to a dermatologist for follow-up. The next day I received a call from the dermatology clinic at Women's College, as promised. They already had my chart in hand and scheduled the follow-up immediately. This made my experience very easy. Dr. Dushenski is kind, patient, and extremely good at what he does. You are in good hands if he sees you.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Diagnosed me with meningitis immediately, put me at ease through the spinal tap, calm, organized, professional and really really comforting. Answered all my questions and sent me home! AWESOME doctor!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Diagnosed my wife with crohns disease after ten trips to emergency and other doctors that sluffed off the severe pain and diahreah while others said she was looking for attention this guy looked into and saved her life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

I was in real trouble in ER and this guy was outstanding. Arranged all specialists appointments which took my family doc three month! Way to go!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2007