Ratings for Dr. Harry Felcenbuch

I think as a professional in the mental health quarter he is very well versed. Yes he asks you questions to make you think and self realize some issues to help you more down the road, he can't hold Your hand. He's a doctor, he's there to help and guide but he's also a human with a family and issue of his own! For the overbooked scheduling you take the monthly appointments ! It's hard to get help as it is. He asks you to remove your shoes because it's a comfortable space with a very nice woven rug that I wouldn't want dirty either. I don't believe he is rude, one may perceive as such because we're all going in their for one mental issue or another and judgeing is not going to help us. You have to accept the help and work with it anyway you can.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Ok so I totally get why some people may feel a little uncomfortable with him but I truly believe he knows his medicine. Remember he isn’t a therapist; he won’t talk through your problems. He’ll listen to get a understanding to prescribe the right meds if needed, that’s what all psychiatrists do. Yes he asks u to remove your shoes and he will take a photo of you to remember who you are. He is old school.. everything hand written.. no computer or electronics... even camera is a Polaroid. I’ve never felt better since he has taken over my case. He ask for me to call and update him on how I’m doing and sees me once a month. Psychiatrist are extremely over booked and unfortunately you won’t get the heart to heart time if you want that you need a combo treatment of therapists/ psychologist teamed with psychiatrist for meds. Give him a chance... once you get over the first awkwardness he seems ok. Remember we are all individuals with a uniqueness. I see him for treatment resuscitate major depression and social anxiety. Currently on Exeffor and Wellbutrin.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I have never met a more uncaring human being this man. He does not care about patient he does not care about the mental condition of any of his patients I am not a patient of his I accompanied a friend and saw no compassion in this man he is arrogant rude uncaring and should not be treating or not be involved in mental health issues at all he is a horrible human being and should not be working in a mental care facility . Please asked to have a Nother doctor if the Spanish recommended to you you will not be taken care of .

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

He himself is pshycho and doesn't care, thinks he knows everything, makes you feel very un-comorfotable and treats you like your stupid, very ignorant, rude, self righteous, if anyone says they like him its because they only met him once, i was in inpatient treatment and he got to decide if i could be let go and i felt unsafe having him in control of me

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I saw Dr. Felcenbuch for an assessment and I do believe that a lot of the negative reviews here are due to people reading him negatively and not understanding what medicine/psychiatry is all about. I did not find him rude or condescending, I found him friendly and somewhat compassionate. I've been living with psychiatric problems for the majority of my life and only recently has my life improved with the correct combination of medication. I can totally understand where these negative reviewers are coming from though. I can see my former self leaving such reviews, when I used to perceive every event and action as extremely negative. If you are referred to Dr. Felcenbuch, give him a chance. ^_^

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Felcenbuch for an ADHD assessment. On arriving at his office he insisted I remove my shoes. Then had me sign a release form allowing him to take my picture before he would do my assessment. I answered his questions honestly including that I had used illicit substances in the past (7years ago and in my younger years I am 47). He promptly diagnosed me as drug seeking as ADHD meds can/are a type of methamphetamine. He told me "It's for your own good". Since then I have met other individuals that have also had very similar encounters with this gentleman and as a result continued to suffer with the symptoms. I wish him all the best in his retirement. OLEMAN

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

One of the best psychiatrist that i ever seen,thanks doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

A lot of these reviews I can completely relate to, he made me feel very uncomfortable when he would shrug off my feelings. I called to cancel eith 3 days notice and when I called back 3 desperate occasions leaving voicemails to reschedule he never bothered to call me back. Not to mention the last session I had with him I was suicidal and a high risk, him not returning my calls out me over the edge and I was sent to emerg for self harm. I 100 percent do not recommend this man to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Completely satisfied with my first visit. Comments here are mostly true, but they read Dr. Felcenbuch negatively and sound like they don't believe in medicine. People giving this psychiatrist under three stars shouldn't bother seeing any doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I met with this doctor 2 times (15 minutes total) while admitted into the CAPS unit. The first time we met he asked me the same questions that he had 2 nurses asked me before I met him. He didn't write anything down and asked questions such as, "why?", "because?", "and?" and then told me to get out of the room so he could talk to my parents. I didn't see him for another 4 days when he told me to "go home" He didn't remember who I was and thought I saw him the day before I got discharged. He's unprofessional, uncaring, and arrogant, he also has a very strong accent that makes it hard to understand what he's saying. I completely agree with the other comments.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016