Ratings for Dr. Harry Felcenbuch

I saw Dr. Felcenbuch for an assessment and I do believe that a lot of the negative reviews here are due to people reading him negatively and not understanding what medicine/psychiatry is all about. I did not find him rude or condescending, I found him friendly and somewhat compassionate. I've been living with psychiatric problems for the majority of my life and only recently has my life improved with the correct combination of medication. I can totally understand where these negative reviewers are coming from though. I can see my former self leaving such reviews, when I used to perceive every event and action as extremely negative. If you are referred to Dr. Felcenbuch, give him a chance. ^_^

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Felcenbuch for an ADHD assessment. On arriving at his office he insisted I remove my shoes. Then had me sign a release form allowing him to take my picture before he would do my assessment. I answered his questions honestly including that I had used illicit substances in the past (7years ago and in my younger years I am 47). He promptly diagnosed me as drug seeking as ADHD meds can/are a type of methamphetamine. He told me "It's for your own good". Since then I have met other individuals that have also had very similar encounters with this gentleman and as a result continued to suffer with the symptoms. I wish him all the best in his retirement. OLEMAN

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

One of the best psychiatrist that i ever seen,thanks doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

A lot of these reviews I can completely relate to, he made me feel very uncomfortable when he would shrug off my feelings. I called to cancel eith 3 days notice and when I called back 3 desperate occasions leaving voicemails to reschedule he never bothered to call me back. Not to mention the last session I had with him I was suicidal and a high risk, him not returning my calls out me over the edge and I was sent to emerg for self harm. I 100 percent do not recommend this man to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Completely satisfied with my first visit. Comments here are mostly true, but they read Dr. Felcenbuch negatively and sound like they don't believe in medicine. People giving this psychiatrist under three stars shouldn't bother seeing any doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I met with this doctor 2 times (15 minutes total) while admitted into the CAPS unit. The first time we met he asked me the same questions that he had 2 nurses asked me before I met him. He didn't write anything down and asked questions such as, "why?", "because?", "and?" and then told me to get out of the room so he could talk to my parents. I didn't see him for another 4 days when he told me to "go home" He didn't remember who I was and thought I saw him the day before I got discharged. He's unprofessional, uncaring, and arrogant, he also has a very strong accent that makes it hard to understand what he's saying. I completely agree with the other comments.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

My 11 year old son was admitted into the CAPS Unit of Southlake Regional on May 3 - May 9th, he tried to take his own life. When we had our meeting with Dr. Felcenbuch he advised that my son would try to kill himself again, and to not do anything to make him angry and he could provide any label I wanted for my son.While in the care of southlake my son had explosive behaviours to a point where the Dr. Felcenbuch had the staff there administer 1.5mg of seroquil to calm him down. When we asked why he would be discharging my son he said what do you want me to do. I replied with provide help you spoke with him for 15 minutes the entire week he was here. He continued to be arrogant and condescending showing no compassion for what my son has gone through. He proceeded to discharge my son after telling us that he will try to kill himself and that the CAPS Unit is a short term facility and what did I want him to do. This doctor is a poor excuse for a doctor and someone will die in his care if they haven`t already. I have filed a formal complaint about this doctor. I have never heard such ridiculous advice from a doctor I was completely floored and dumbfounded. When I asked if the next time he would see my son in the morgue he shrugged his shoulders and continued to write the discharge papers. How do these people get their licenses and keep them!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I met this Dr. recently when my daughter threatened suicide and told me I would wake up and find her dead. She started showing signs of self harm, she is very angry and has explosive mood swings. After meeting this poor excuse for a Dr. I walked away feeling angry, hurt and disgusted! He met my daughter once then requested to see my husband and I. The first thing he said to us was "which one of you is it?" We looked at each other confused and he proceeded to say that kids mimic their parents so which one of us behaved the way she does. I was floored and very put off because we absolutely do not behave that way!! When I questioned if she could have bipolar I got told I was 3 years too late for that diagnosis. That three years ago everyone was being diagnosed with bipolar and the new fad in diagnosis today is Asperger's. This man did absolutely nothing for us and we walked away feeling like we never got any help. The staff in the ER were great in the fact that they took our concerns very seriously and acted very quickly. However, I was extremely put off by the lack of privacy as it all took place in the ER waiting room in-front of the dozens of people waiting to be seen.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I have been in this doctor's care for many years. I have very complex psychiatric issues and I have received excellent care from this doctor. It's hard to believe what others have written here; it's like we are talking about different people. Yes, he has coffee during my sessions...but so what! The main thing is that I am getting better while under his care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

This guy is pathetic excuse for a human being, He is not there to help anybody. He has fallen asleep in his chair while I was talking, is always late for every appointment, He never returns calls, cant remember anybody, he witholds your reports putting you in finacal hardship if you are off work if he doesnt like your works insurance company... Southlake Regional, open your eyes about this "doctor", I'm still a patient and I am more depressed then I was when I walked in, I am suicidal. When this ignorant "doctor" finds out he just ups my dose of wellbutrin, he also put me on anti-psychotic and keeps changing SSRI every month. All I am is a diagnosis and pay checque, I wanna feel like a person again.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016