Ratings for Dr. Mitchell E. Stashower

He's always late. He is very loud. Can always here his conversations in the hallway. (some of which I shouldn't be hearing.) The front desk is very loud and I can over hear their personal issues. The office is nice, but the office staff seems low class.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr.Stashower is the Best Doctor in the State, not just as a Dermatologist....he really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Best Dermatologist. Glad I found him! He is nice and friendly. I was going to another Dermatologist in Alexandria and hated it. He is worth the drive. Other reviews said he was rude, I don't think it's that, I think it's because he's a New Yorker which may come off direct. I did not feel rushed which I liked. The rest of the office people were nice and the office was clean and updated. Love it!

Submitted February 27, 2015

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Went to follow-up on suspected skin lupus which wasn't even addressed in two minutes... 45 minutes late...I had with the doctor. ThennI was charged for alopecia visit which isn't covered by most insurance companies. The office just sent "doctor's notes" to insurance company when coverage denied. I ended up paying for a visit that didn't address the issue I'd made the appointment for.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Despite waiting 2 months for an appt (which I do understand that it can take a while) a doctor whom you've never seen before should take more than 7 minutes doing a "full body check" and the whole appointment! There was not a full body check performed, only the one area that he would let me explain. This was unacceptable for two reasons: 1) I have a history of pre-cancerous areas as well as a family history of a cousin dying from malignant melanoma that was metastatic to his spine as well as brain! He seemed the least bit interested in checking my moles and other areas...claimed I was just getting old, get used to it??? 2) I am knowledgeable in medical billing and am sure that my insurance carrier will receive a bill for full services and a high level visit that there is no way can be justified with what I received. Once I declined the $600/session laser treatments for my rosacea (which he was quick to state my insurance does not cover), he seemed to want to have nothing further to do with me. Even said that the laser treatment was the only treatment available that would work...not true. I have done my research and will pursue my dermatalogical care elsewhere. Despite my dissatisfaction with him, the staff was very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Jus search carefully a good and reliable doctor. Dont compromise your life.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I actually originally went in to see Dr.Stashower because of the fact that he had the best reviews of any dermatologist around. This site is the only exception to that and I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Every time I have had an appointment with Dr.Stashower, he has always treated me well. He carries a conversation well, is always professional, and makes sure that I have had all my questions and concerns answered before I walk out of his office.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Stashower made me feel like I was under good hands, he answered my questions thoroughly and was very sincere. Clean and efficient, I would recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

We saw the Nurse for a bleeding "mole" on my son's nose. She could not identify it so Dr Stashower came in to help. Without even touching the area, he ID'ed it as a cold sore and prescribed medicine. 4 days later and completely not convinced we went to a competent doctor who biopsied the area to determine that the area was not a cold sore but a well established staph infection!!!! Two different antibiotics later my son is starting to mend. Had he taken more then 30 seconds and listened he may have diagnosed our son differently.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr. Mitchell E. Stashower's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1992)

Multiplan