Ratings for Dr. Yan Liu

I would agree that Dr. Yan often has to be both family doctor and specialist...it is not fair to her and it makes me sad to see idiots take their frustrations out on her nurse. Recently she sent me to an Infectious doctor who basically told me my family doctor was wrong about my previous TB testing interpretation and that Dr. Yan had been right all along. The old fashioned family doctors who used to even deliver babies have fallen aside for walk ins who value low complexity high volume. Its the system that is the problem. Leave this nice doctor alone please if you have the attitude or a porcupine.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr Liu has been a wonderful mentor and teacher. She fosters a caring that is something to aspire to and really does bend over backwards for her patients. If your situation is not right for our specialty please don’t take it out on her staff. Carol M. And please don’t forget she is a human and mother too perhaps that should also deserve some respect; it’s easy to hide in anonymity but to spread hate and falsehoods? All it does is make our jobs harder.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I’m writing from my hospital bed and couldn’t be happier. I came into ER a few days ago with pain and rash the head of ER and internist couldn’t figure out. I was well to go home and I was referred to dr Yan who apparently according to ER has a reputation of being a walking textbook. Luckily her nurse had a cancellation appt. I found the office nothing but pleasant and Professional. She figures out I was reacting to a foreign body from an old surgical procedure I cannot tell you how much the pain improved after it was removed there was a chronic encapsulated infection. I also felt sad to see hateful revenge posts...unfortunately this site doesn’t stop so called grown adults acting like spoiled children being told no this is not appropriate for you. I hope the dr can rise above it but she’s probably too busy taking care of people to mind...

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr Liu and her staff have the patience of saints the way they deal with all the rude, disorganized, and downright entitled jerks that try to take advantage of them on a regular basis. The amount of time outside regular business hours that Dr Liu spends researching new treatment options and preparing before each visit is above and beyond her call of duty and rarely is she thanked for it. Instead she does her job AND that of my family doctor when I have trouble getting through to Dr. Tam's (not a good family doctor, I am looking for a new one). I can understand why it is so hard to get in. She really is worth it. Now if I could only find a family doctor as great as she is at Rheumatology.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I called to make an appointment with Dr. Liu. Her receptionist was absolutely the rudest person I ever spoke to on the phone. Did everything possible to prevent me from seeing the Dr. She also claims that all the positive comments on this website are erroneous and Fabrications. Apparently they are for a different Dr Liu. After speaking with this receptionist I believe she is correct. I do feel pity for any Dr. who must endure having such atrocious staff working for them. Take your chances dealing with this.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

As a medical field expert myself I know the range of specialists. Dr Yan is the perfect combination of skill and kindness. Kudos to her nurse Erin who is thorough and very good in his own right.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Had my first visit recently and could not be more pleased. Dr. Yan gave me reassurance that my RA can better controlled without toxic poisons. A doctor who listens imagining that!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Compared to credit card valley clinics both dr Yans clinics are easy to access clean and super organized. She’s been taking care of me for many years and no matter where I moved I kept her because she’s the best always kind always on cutting edge knowledge...TS

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

So grateful Dr Yan took me as a patient. RIP Dr Bensen who was her professor and we mourned together his untimely passing.. I am sure she will take up his torch and has taken exceptionally great care of me Bill would be proud...Mary N.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Liu has been taking care of my mother for many years who is a very difficult patient with a capital V, advancing psychotic dementia her office has always been compassionate in understanding her problems. Her office has to deal with an increasing amount of unstable patients. While waiting our turn for our appointment another person without an appointment barged in ahead of us speaking incoherently demanding to be seen..he simply was in the wrong place...Dr. Liu's office dealt with this politely and appropriately....so if you want to be greeted with campfire songs and confetti and have your hands held. there is a specialty office to help with these problems...its called a spa or psycho therapist office..please don't abuse a nice office like Dr. Liu's who is a rheumatologist not a therapist.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017