Ratings for Dr. Michael Weidman

Dr Weidman is in my opinion a wonderful, kind, caring and incredible doctor. Many years ago, I ended up in hospital where after a CT scan he spent a long time explaining to me what was needed to be done to my back. The operation was so fantastically done that I have had a 98% pain free since.. His knowledge is fantastic as are his skills, and I cant for the life of me understand the complaints below, and I realise that there is two sides to a story, but I have nothing but praise for this man, and have recommended him to others. As what is being said below is just so similar to what I have heard of another specialist who has a very similar name, I am wondering if some people are getting his name muddled up with this other dr. What they are saying is simply just not like dr Weidman, and from reports that I have heard from nurses and Drs who have worked with him, all I have ever heard is nothing but praise for this man..

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr Weidmann is very punctual and helpful. People here just seem to be upset as they didn;t get a payout.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Obviously the people here are whinging because they didn't get their payout. Not a reflection on the sort of doctor he is. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

I had to see Dr Weidmann and was very impressed. He listened and was very helpful. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Beware of this cowboy. He put the wrong implant in my neck and never told me leaving me with untold damaged and pain in my cervical spine (neck). He is now a hired gun for insurance companies - giving false reports so they don't have to pay out. Don't go near him

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Weidmann was 25 minutes late, and then his examination for my lower back injury lasted under 15 minutes in total. During this short period, he dismissed all previous diagnoses, made unsavoury comments regarding my mental illness, and suggested that my pain was imagined. When it was over he got up, opened the door, and ushered me out without so much as a goodbye. An absolutely disgusting man, and an experience I do not wish to repeat.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I attended Dr Weidman through a Work Cover Appointment. I found him to be a very knowlegable man in his field. He was very polite, listened and took notes, examined me to assess my injury and gave me very good advise. It was a pleasure to meet the gentleman.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

A Dr hired by the insurance companies so they don't have to pay out. He downplays patients symptoms, belittles them and writes false reports. He does not care about patients at all. He has not practiced neurosurgy for many, many years. I wonder if he was forced to stop??? Yet he calls himself a neurosurgeon. He is not - merely a gun for hire for the insurance companies. When he did practice he put incompatible implants in patients then hides behind the strongest union in Australia. Don't go near him for a report.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Dr Weidman recently examined me as an independent specialist on workcovers'behalf. I left his office after an 18 minute consult feeling confused and belittled. His consult was at best superficial,his opinion set ,after a quick look at one x ray.He displayed little interest in my volunteering relevant information re my condition. the report sent to work cover was everthing an insurance company could hope for.I cannot believe his assertion that previous surgery ( laminectomy two discs ) has no bearing on pain at same site .Nor that A O changes again at same site , but nowhere else in spine are a result of age.I hope not to suffer because of his lack of professionalism , but believe I will..I have been moved to report my encounter here but will pursue any and all avenues to expose this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

This Dr operated on me and the impant that he put in my neck disintegrated. It was recalled however he never notified me and I was walking around with a big hole in my spine. No Dr in Brisbane would help - ??? They didn't want to get involved. Finally I found a Dr interstate that took out the 'crumbled' implant and ended up rebuilding 3 vertebrae and 4 discs - all from what was meant to be a simple single herniated disc originally. I have lost my house, and am unable to work. I have 3 degrees but cannot do anything due to the severe pain. My surgeon (who tried to repair it) said that I could have easily been a quad or died. Has anyone had a problem with this implant?? This Dr now does reports for medical insurance. In other words makes sure patients get graded mildly so they don't get much if any compensation.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014