Ratings for Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Arbelaez was the on-call doctor for the maternity ward when we arrived. We had a midwife and when we started experiencing complications during our son's birth Dr. Arbelaez made my husband and I feel very comfortable with having a C-Section. She answered all of our questions and even talked about concerns we hadn't thought of. I had complications during my C-Section and she was extremely helpful, kind, knowledgeable to my husband (when he was worrying). Following my C-Section I got an infection in my wound, she fit me into her busy schedule multiple times for the following weeks and made sure I had all the home support care, I'd need for having an infant. Dr. A also inserted my IUD four months after delivery. We will be using Dr. A next time we become pregnant.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I had the laparoscopic hysterectomy done b Dr. Arbelaez. I was her first surgery at 8am and she came to see me at the end of her long day around 6:30PM. She explained everything she did even showing me pictures taken during the procedure. She had to be tired and could have wrapped it up with a quick "it went well" but instead she took her time to make sure I was fine. She answered all my questions. I am out of town and her staff was very helpful in coordinating all of the appointments. She is direct, no nonsense and caring. I am glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I was very comfortable with Dr. Arbelaez. She was knowledgable, friendly, and easy to talk with. I would love to see her teach a women's health course.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Not thrilled with her methods of coping with pain. Looking into switching to a new OBGYN.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I had the opportunity to meet with her through a referral. Even though the information was sent to her, she was still very thorough and gave me the options going forward. She is very understanding and caring and would recommend her as she makes you feel very comfortable. I also liked, how she gave me each of the options, as well as additional reading material to ensure I was making the right decision. I haven't had my surgery yet, but am confident in her abilities.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

We have been trying to start a family for over a year now. Seeing Dr. Arbelaez was frustrating as she brushed off all of our concerns about why we haven't concieved. I have very irregular periods (40-50 days long) and very low estrogen yet she told me all was fine. After a couple more months of trying with no assistance, we saw her again. She refused to prescribe me any mediation or to do any tests other than the simple blood tests. And told us to 'try harder' for another couple months.. I was so angry! We've been trying really hard for over a year!? Charting, tracking ovulation and timing intercourse- taking all the fun out of 'doing the deed'!! And she wants us to try harder? How?! Still she refused to give me medication to help me ovulate! She said that the fertility specialist should be prescribing me that and she made a referral for me to see them.. Which is in abouts 6 months from now. Needless to say we are going to see a different OB!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Arbelaez completed my surgery recently and everything went great. Her bedside manner throughout the process was wonderful and she was very caring and compassionate. Surgery even started relatively on time! Recovery is going well which is a testament to her abilities as a skilled surgeon. She explained what would happen at the hospital before surgery and was there in the recovery room when I woke up. Her follow up the next day was thorough and she fully explained what I could expect over the next few weeks of recovery. Based on my experiences with Dr. Arbelaez, I would highly recommend her. She is knowledgeable and professional and is exceptional at what she does!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I have seen Dr. A. twice now and will be having a laproscopic hysterectomy in a few weeks. So far, am very pleased with her. She gave me a lot of literature regarding my options and went through each one with me before sending me home to consider what I thought was the best choice for treatment. Once the decision was made, she thoroughly explained it to me and answered all my questions. Yes she's usually late for her appointments, but what doctor isn't? At least she explains things to you so you know what to expect. Glad to have her as my gyne.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I'm a husband, and I loved Dr Arbelaez. She made my nervous wife very comfortable with our first baby and we were lucky to have her again for our second. She is a wonderful, compassionate lady and I can't say enough good things about her.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I have only had one visit, but it was very positive. The doctor took time to explain my options. If I had trouble understanding I asked questions and got answers. She was gentle and efficient with the exam. I found the secretary to be very helpful in accommodating my busy traveling schedule.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016