Ratings for Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Arbelaez completed my surgery recently and everything went great. Her bedside manner throughout the process was wonderful and she was very caring and compassionate. Surgery even started relatively on time! Recovery is going well which is a testament to her abilities as a skilled surgeon. She explained what would happen at the hospital before surgery and was there in the recovery room when I woke up. Her follow up the next day was thorough and she fully explained what I could expect over the next few weeks of recovery. Based on my experiences with Dr. Arbelaez, I would highly recommend her. She is knowledgeable and professional and is exceptional at what she does!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I have seen Dr. A. twice now and will be having a laproscopic hysterectomy in a few weeks. So far, am very pleased with her. She gave me a lot of literature regarding my options and went through each one with me before sending me home to consider what I thought was the best choice for treatment. Once the decision was made, she thoroughly explained it to me and answered all my questions. Yes she's usually late for her appointments, but what doctor isn't? At least she explains things to you so you know what to expect. Glad to have her as my gyne.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I'm a husband, and I loved Dr Arbelaez. She made my nervous wife very comfortable with our first baby and we were lucky to have her again for our second. She is a wonderful, compassionate lady and I can't say enough good things about her.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I have only had one visit, but it was very positive. The doctor took time to explain my options. If I had trouble understanding I asked questions and got answers. She was gentle and efficient with the exam. I found the secretary to be very helpful in accommodating my busy traveling schedule.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Have nothing but good things to say about this office. Dr. Arbelaez was extremely nice and the exam was painless. Yes, she has a heavier accent but she takes a lot of time to make sure you understand. Office staff was nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr Arbelaez, she is very kind and considerate. I would without a doubt be a patient of hers again.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I would not trust her with my female dog. Run, run, run as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I had a serious fibroid problem. Surgery (a complete lapriscopic hysterectomy was my option of choice. ) I had a very informative visit, great follow up . The absolute BEST, painless, fastest recovery time ever! Dr.Arbaleaz was awesome,as well as her surgical team. Big raves from me. Her accent is the least of my concerns. If you can't understand her, she gives you plenty of reading material to read.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

She misdiagnosed me with Vaginal Atrophy. Gave me some crème and referred me to a website for follow up treatment. I have been using the crème for one year and finally moved to a new City and went to a different Doctor. He advised me that I did not have Vaginal Atrophy and that it was very rare. Dr. Arbelaez was wrong. A whole year of my life wasted on this women's advise. Very hard to understand. Bedside manner is terrible. Have filed a complaint with BC College of Physicians and Surgeons.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I LOVE dr arbelaez she was amazing for both my high risk pregnancies and delivered my second child and I had such a better birth than my first hands down amazing doctor I hope she remains my doctor for my next pregnancy

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015