You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Luz Arbelaez

I have only had one visit, but it was very positive. The doctor took time to explain my options. If I had trouble understanding I asked questions and got answers. She was gentle and efficient with the exam. I found the secretary to be very helpful in accommodating my busy traveling schedule.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Have nothing but good things to say about this office. Dr. Arbelaez was extremely nice and the exam was painless. Yes, she has a heavier accent but she takes a lot of time to make sure you understand. Office staff was nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I would not trust her with my female dog. Run, run, run as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I had a serious fibroid problem. Surgery (a complete lapriscopic hysterectomy was my option of choice. ) I had a very informative visit, great follow up . The absolute BEST, painless, fastest recovery time ever! Dr.Arbaleaz was awesome,as well as her surgical team. Big raves from me. Her accent is the least of my concerns. If you can't understand her, she gives you plenty of reading material to read.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

She misdiagnosed me with Vaginal Atrophy. Gave me some crème and referred me to a website for follow up treatment. I have been using the crème for one year and finally moved to a new City and went to a different Doctor. He advised me that I did not have Vaginal Atrophy and that it was very rare. Dr. Arbelaez was wrong. A whole year of my life wasted on this women's advise. Very hard to understand. Bedside manner is terrible. Have filed a complaint with BC College of Physicians and Surgeons.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I LOVE dr arbelaez she was amazing for both my high risk pregnancies and delivered my second child and I had such a better birth than my first hands down amazing doctor I hope she remains my doctor for my next pregnancy

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

She is hard to understand, second guess herself, sent me for second testing and found it was not needed by a different gyn who was attending me at the hospital. She was brutal in her office exam and had not fully explained what she was doing. I screamed loud enough to frighten patients in waiting room. Last visit was for repair gives me 2 prescriptions and one is not affordable. Have now waited 2 weeks for reply on substitute but receptionist gives me the run around and really has not helped and still says that I should be patient. this is now 7 months in trying to get a bladder repair done. I am looking for new gyn. Horrible treatment and negligent staff.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Arbelaez performed a surgery on me after the birth of my daughter. She was amazing and it is due to her skill and care that I continue to lead an active, healthy life. Her office e was very accommodating for follow-up appointments.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

She has the potential to be a great doctor. Her accent is hard to understand. She quickly got to the bottom of my problems and is knowledgable but is taking FOREVER to fully treat my condition. And is constantly making mistakes. I have been waiting a week for her to return my call, previously I have had to call in after waiting long periods for answers, only to have her secretary give me a blunt answers based on the doctors notes. You have to wait months for appointments only to have the dates pushed back. This office does NOT call to remind you of appointment dates/times even if the appointment was made 6 + months prior. In the moment diagnosis seems to be what she is best at but does not consider future care or prescriptions. You can wait weeks for prescriptions. I was meant to be getting blood work done but the form was "accidently" filled out for a prostate exam, I'm a female. I was referred to the Victoria fertility clinic for IUI/IVF so hopefully I do not have to put up with Dr. Arbelaez after seeing them. If so I will be finding a more competent doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Luz Arbelaez's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have only had one visit, but it was very positive. The doctor took time to explain my options. If I had trouble understanding I asked questions and got answ..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Have nothing but good things to say about this office. Dr. Arbelaez was extremely nice and the exam was painless. Yes, she has a heavier accent but she takes a ..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr Arbelaez, she is very kind and considerate. I would without a doubt be a patient of hers again."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I would not trust her with my female dog. Run, run, run as fast as you can."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a serious fibroid problem. Surgery (a complete lapriscopic hysterectomy was my option of choice. ) I had a very informative visit, great follow up . The ..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She misdiagnosed me with Vaginal Atrophy. Gave me some crème and referred me to a website for follow up treatment. I have been using the crème for one year ..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I LOVE dr arbelaez she was amazing for both my high risk pregnancies and delivered my second child and I had such a better birth than my first hands down amazin..."

August 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 1H1". Address has been updated from "None" to "1801 Bowen Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507551763".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She is hard to understand, second guess herself, sent me for second testing and found it was not needed by a different gyn who was attending me at the hospital...."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Arbelaez performed a surgery on me after the birth of my daughter. She was amazing and it is due to her skill and care that I continue to lead an active, he..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She has the potential to be a great doctor. Her accent is hard to understand. She quickly got to the bottom of my problems and is knowledgable but is taking FOR..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Had great difficulty understanding her. Was 90 minuted lte for appointment, though I could hear her chatting to someone in the hallway. Quit after 1 visit"

November 12, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She got to the bottom of my problems too but now wont return my calls or my pharmacys calls regarding another prescription. ."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "This was my first visit with her, but she got to the bottom of what my problem was and I am finally on the mend after months of other doctors not being able or ..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I requested a special authority form be filled out and was told it would be done that day. Three weeks later I am told by the pharmacy that it was never submitt..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Arbelaez a few years ago for a fibroid, wasn't ready to get the surgery done then. Just did it last month with her (a laparoscopy), followed up 6 ..."

September 27, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have I miss shaped uterus she said an tested to see if I was ovulating said I was the two months after said I wasn't and would always want to put me under ana..."

September 24, 2014