Ratings for Dr. Kathryn V. Balazs

I have been to Dr. Balazs several times over the past two years for different skin issues. Each time she was polite, caring and knowledgeable. I'm glad I went as I was very hesitant because of the negative reviews.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Wrong diagnosis and she refused to do a biopsy despite my persistent requests. I spent a lot of time, money and medications to treat the wrong condition. Only have I demanded a biopsy did we learn of the wrong diagnosis and treatment but Dr Balazs did not acknowledge or apologize. She said "biopsies are just indication not conclusive. I found a new dermatologist and would advise you to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I went to Dr. Balazs office to look for options for my acne. I was very surprised with my experience there. I booked my appointment about 2 weeks prior. First of all, the environment of the waiting room and the people working at the desk was very dry and awkward. No one even did as much as smile. They had me wait for over 50 minutes. After they let me in, I waited another 20 minutes for the doctor to come in. When she finally came in, she barely glanced at my acne and immediately started writing a prescription while going on and on about the treatment without letting me even sneak in a question or a word. I did not get a chance to learn about the treatment and understand it. The whole appointment with the doctor lasted no more than 7 minutes. I left the office with a prescription that I ended up not getting because I had so many questions that I got no chance to ask.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Poor communication by the doctor and staff. The staff acted like teenagers gossiping about patients and staff. When I was there waiting for over an hour. I felt like I was in high school again with the people I hated. Like sitting among obnoxious cheerleaders who don't have anything else to do. The staff was dude to other patients and the Dr herself was cold and uncaring. I would never return to that practice.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Waited an hour and a half and then the doctor spent less than 3 minutes in the room with me and was rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Wait time in office 1 hour and service time 05 minutes. No information given as to nature of skin pre cancer or attempt to carefully examine. No touching of patient or concern offered. Prescription of appropriate creams given.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I saw Dr. Balazs' Physician Assistant 3 years ago about a lesion I was concerned about on my lower eyelid. She said it needed to be biopsied but that Dr. Balazs would have to do it. Dr. Balazs came in, took a look at it, called it a "barnacle" and said it only needed to be taken off if it bothered me. That it would be purely cosmetic. 3 years later, my family doctor noticed it and asked if I had had it checked. I told her what Dr. Balazs had said and she suggested I get a 2nd opinion. The new dermatologist immediately said it looked like basal cell skin cancer and did a biopsy. Biopsy just came back today confirming basal cell. I would have had this taken off 3 years ago if I had known it was skin cancer. I lost all faith in Dr. Balazs over this.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

First I read the bad reviews and I over looked them, because I had two friends say they HEARD good things about Dr. Balazs and in the responses to those bad reviews they talk about the competitors were writing these bad ratings, an excuse. This Dr. really is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. We waited a 1 1/2 and saw the doctor a total of 3 minutes. She told me what my child had and then treated her without even telling me how they were going to treat it. I felt I should have been told before hand so I could make a decision whether or not I wanted to go with this treatment. The doctor after that handed me a brochure she said it would explain what my child had and didn't even ask me if I had any questions before she left the room. The brochure stated that in most cases it goes away on its own, so why did they do a treatment on my child. I feel my choice of treatments got stripped away from me. And hopefully this review will help at least one person from getting bad service again.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Bring a book, always an hour minimum wait, typically 90 mins. Even if you are the first scheduled apt at 0730, Dr Balazs will not see you for at least 30 mins. Her mannerisms are geared for short visits & quite stressed, but probably a function of the many patients booked. Is this all about profit or compassionate about not turning people away? Medically she knows what she is doing and has helped several members of my family, expert diagnosis every time; just painful way to get there.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I started with dr.balazs several years ago for myself and have different views of my latest appointments with my grandson. we tried to get into her offfice a year or longer and the staff kept looking for my grandsons referral and always told me there was none..to go back to our primary care to get another referral..finally got an appt. with a p.a. and was rudually told my the nurse I myself had seen for years. she stated that our visit today was not for any mole removals at all,that with his insuranc of caresource in green county,that only a full screen examine was allowed..I went on trying to explain the circumstances to her and she said it wasnt happening todaythen the office manager came into the examine roomin front of my young grandson hearing everyword spoken so she appoligized for the girl making the appt. and i said if i need to pay cash, his moles need removed nowand the other drs. at cmc were concerned they were only able to remove 2 but i explained again and they took 3 off

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr. Kathryn V. Balazs's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Beavercreek, OH