Ratings for Dr. Kathryn V. Balazs

Dr. Balazs is the best! She is kind, caring, skilled and very comforting. I have encountered several doctors in my days and she is by far my favorite one. Almost to the point I wish I had more dermatology problems just so I can see her again! (not really, though... lol) If you are searching for a dermatologist, look no further. She is top notch as a doctor and a human.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Exceptional physician skilled in her field for ALL patients!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I have been to Dr. Balazs several times over the past two years for different skin issues. Each time she was polite, caring and knowledgeable. I'm glad I went as I was very hesitant because of the negative reviews.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Wrong diagnosis and she refused to do a biopsy despite my persistent requests. I spent a lot of time, money and medications to treat the wrong condition. Only have I demanded a biopsy did we learn of the wrong diagnosis and treatment but Dr Balazs did not acknowledge or apologize. She said "biopsies are just indication not conclusive. I found a new dermatologist and would advise you to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I went to Dr. Balazs office to look for options for my acne. I was very surprised with my experience there. I booked my appointment about 2 weeks prior. First of all, the environment of the waiting room and the people working at the desk was very dry and awkward. No one even did as much as smile. They had me wait for over 50 minutes. After they let me in, I waited another 20 minutes for the doctor to come in. When she finally came in, she barely glanced at my acne and immediately started writing a prescription while going on and on about the treatment without letting me even sneak in a question or a word. I did not get a chance to learn about the treatment and understand it. The whole appointment with the doctor lasted no more than 7 minutes. I left the office with a prescription that I ended up not getting because I had so many questions that I got no chance to ask.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Poor communication by the doctor and staff. The staff acted like teenagers gossiping about patients and staff. When I was there waiting for over an hour. I felt like I was in high school again with the people I hated. Like sitting among obnoxious cheerleaders who don't have anything else to do. The staff was dude to other patients and the Dr herself was cold and uncaring. I would never return to that practice.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Waited an hour and a half and then the doctor spent less than 3 minutes in the room with me and was rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Wait time in office 1 hour and service time 05 minutes. No information given as to nature of skin pre cancer or attempt to carefully examine. No touching of patient or concern offered. Prescription of appropriate creams given.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I saw Dr. Balazs' Physician Assistant 3 years ago about a lesion I was concerned about on my lower eyelid. She said it needed to be biopsied but that Dr. Balazs would have to do it. Dr. Balazs came in, took a look at it, called it a "barnacle" and said it only needed to be taken off if it bothered me. That it would be purely cosmetic. 3 years later, my family doctor noticed it and asked if I had had it checked. I told her what Dr. Balazs had said and she suggested I get a 2nd opinion. The new dermatologist immediately said it looked like basal cell skin cancer and did a biopsy. Biopsy just came back today confirming basal cell. I would have had this taken off 3 years ago if I had known it was skin cancer. I lost all faith in Dr. Balazs over this.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

First I read the bad reviews and I over looked them, because I had two friends say they HEARD good things about Dr. Balazs and in the responses to those bad reviews they talk about the competitors were writing these bad ratings, an excuse. This Dr. really is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. We waited a 1 1/2 and saw the doctor a total of 3 minutes. She told me what my child had and then treated her without even telling me how they were going to treat it. I felt I should have been told before hand so I could make a decision whether or not I wanted to go with this treatment. The doctor after that handed me a brochure she said it would explain what my child had and didn't even ask me if I had any questions before she left the room. The brochure stated that in most cases it goes away on its own, so why did they do a treatment on my child. I feel my choice of treatments got stripped away from me. And hopefully this review will help at least one person from getting bad service again.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr. Kathryn V. Balazs's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1996)

MSP/BC Med