Dr. George Bai

Ratings for Dr. George Bai

I was a client for years and went to a new dentist recently. Found out work I had done at Dr bai office has to be redone and a filling that has metal and covered with white and need restorative care including gum surgery because of it. I also did not know about this. Dr bai never looked into having tmj and figured I had it and have now been diagnosed and discussed treatment all in my first appointment with new dentist. Dr bai never took the time or proper care or even looked into my jaw concerns. I will be filling a complaint against him as I am now facing the financial costs of fixing his work at my own expense. Note that he also took a while to send my new dentist my records when asked and request signed and sent. I will never go back and my family is leaving too. Poor service and improper work. People who pay for care should receive proper care

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I understand that people are sceptical of dentists but please trust me when I say, Dr. Bai is an amazing trustworthy dentist that would never try to make money off of a scam cavity job. If Dr. Bai says there's something wrong with your teeth, there is. I have been seeing Dr. Bai for almost 17 years. I am luckily blessed with naturally healthy teeth and have only received 2 fillings from Dr. Bai in all my time with him but my son has to have a tooth filled almost every visit. Same for my daughter. Also, my husband used to see another dentist in the Hamilton area and when he switched to Dr. Bai, he needed extensive dental work as the other dentist he had been seeing ignored his tooth problems and made money off of quick fix it jobs. Please trust me in saying, Dr. Bai is the best dentist in Hamilton.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

The staff at his office are excellent and Dr Bai himself is very personable and friendly however I truly question is competence as a dentist. My first visit with Dr. Bai I was told I had 14 cavities that required filling. As a student I didn't think much of it but felt it was a bit strange since I had never had any other dentist before him tell me I had cavities despite going regularly. I got the work done (by a hygienist- NOT him) despite never consenting to someone else doing the work. I've had nothing but trouble since getting this done. He even suggested I should get 4 more repaired. I sought opinion from another dentist who showed me on the xray why I am having trouble as the fillings are not smooth whatsoever living overhangs (which now need to be redone). My new dentist confirmed that I do not in fact have any cavities and was surprsied at my first visit that he suggested I get 14 repaired without ANY monitoring whatsoever. Anyway I am overall extremely disappointed with the care I received despite Dr. Bai being a nice person. I am left with having to get all this work redone, work which should have been avoided in the first place. I would never recommend him as a dentist and if anything am considering taking this further because I do genuinely question his medical competence.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I come from a background of visiting a dentist only when I was in pain. Years later I've become a client of Dr. Bai and my family are all very happy with everyone who works in the office. I would never change dentist's again. Thank you Dr. Bai.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I suffered horribly when I was a child into my teen years from 2 horrible dentists. I after moving out and getting married I avoided going to dentists. As I grew older I developed pain in my teeth and finally had to break down and seek dental care. I went to see Dr Bai. He first removed my wisdom teeth and I was utterly shocked at how fast and painless the procedure was. I have been going to Dr Bai whenever I need help. His staff are kind and understand my anxiety and always seem to fit me in when I am in pain. I was in yesterday as I had a horribly infected tooth that needed to come out. Dr Bai explains everything and really focuses on keeping you comfortable and pain free. I would recommend Dr Bai to anyone especially those who suffer from anxiety of dentists!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I initially distrusted this man because he gave me a 2300$ bill for fillings, it was overwhelming. However I was really wrong, after going to see MANY INCOMPETENT SCAM dentists in Hamilton (I learned Dr. Bai has a degree from McGill, go figure), who left my growing cavities in the places where DR BAI WARNED ME ABOUT FUTURE RISKS, AND OTHER DENTISTS FAILED TO IDENTIFY UNTIL AFTER, probably fear of my financial situation and losing me as a "patient" and that resulted in my teeth becoming h*ll-like painful. The front staff are not as bad, I realized they have to deal with people like me and are probably just seriously miserable about their jobs and the fact that they have to deal with my money saving antics. If you want an ACTUAL competent dentist who won't unnecessarily drill your teeth out or fear giving you the BEST POSSIBLE SAFE OPTION, don't put yourself at risk. I made the same mistake and paid for it 10 years later. My teeth are healthy and I will never ever trust any other Hamilton dentist who got into a crappy dental school and pretends like everything is OKAY when it isn't. Also he understands pain... just don't try to act like an alpha male in front of the adorable lady hygienists ;)

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Receptionist was extremely rude over the phone when I spoke to her, was not impressed with her tone or lack of understanding regarding scheduling.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I went to this dentist a few years ago for a check up while I was looking for a new dentist to frequent. Went in for a cleaning, that was fine the hygenist did an okay job. Then Dr. Bai came in he ended up telling me I had 9 cavities which would cost about $2200 for fillings for all of them. I thought this was a bit strange so I went to another dentist for a second opinion. No cavities and I didn't need any fillings or work at all. I was a student at the time and he would have basically drilled into my teeth for no reason.

Submitted April 9, 2015

they kept breaking my jaw and not fixing it then they gave up and threw me away like trash

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

We've been coming for more than 10 years. Dr. Bai is funny, the kids love him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014