Ratings for Dr. Michael Lin

So far i have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Lin. I always come in with a boat load of questions and he always takes the time to address every single one. He is respectful and listens to my concerns. He is very good with my 3 year old daughter. Overall Dr. Lin has done alot to calm my nerves.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Firstly, I want to note that I'm probably one of the few young adult patients Dr. Lin sees for an immunodeficiency. I am a 23-year old woman. So my experience may be different than a child's and their parents or someone who is seeing Dr. Lin solely for allergies! Also, I want to say right off that bat that if you are a chronically ill person, if you have any anxiety about seeing doctors, or if you have a complex systemic illness... well, I personally think he is "spoonie" approved, haha. :) Thanks to Dr. Lin, after a year and a half of being super sick and without answers, I am now about to start daily subcutaneous injections of Cuvitru/antibodies for Common Variable Immune Deficiency. I don't know yet if it will work yet, but if it does (I am VERY hopeful), then I literally owe having my life back to this wonderful physician. Either way, Dr. Lin is just exemplary as a doctor. He normally does allergy testing, and I'm not certain how often he sees patients with immunodeficiencies like myself. But he's very knowledgeable about immunodeficiencies none-the-less. He was one of the first doctors who, when my blood tests were not showing anything wrong, actually genuinely listened and believed how sick I felt. He thought there was something systemically wrong from the beginning, even without my blood work showing anything. Not even once did he suggest that my systemic illness was simply due to anxiety, allergies (though I do have a couple mild allergies to animal dander and seasonal allergies), or university stress like some of the other doctors I saw did. I was SO THANKFUL he listened to me. I remember almost crying at my first appointment because I had so many negative experiences with doctors- yet he is so patient! He has great bedside manner, is very kind, and definitely cares about patients! He has called me personally twice when I had questions and again when I was told by a hematologist's office that I would not be able to see him for one to two YEARS due to the waiting list (as Dr. Lin referred me to get be put on IVIg). Due to the wait, he is putting me on Cuvitru himself, thank goodness for him! He has ordered a couple blood tests over the phone for me that my GP would not order- which is how we found out that I have low IgG subclasses. Also, I was able to get in on a cancellation within a couple months. Plus, he is always willing to squeeze you in for you need to see him. He seems like he literally devotes his life to his patients because specialists can be SO busy and it's crazy how he will personally call, or squeeze you in, and then will spend time with you and never make you feel rushed. Also, EVEN MY REGULAR PHARMACISTS COMMENTED ON HOW AWESOME AND EFFICIENT HE IS when they had to fax him about some vaccinations he wanted me to get. Another thing that made me SO extra thankful was when we discussed my Cuvitru dosage, he said he plans to treat me and change my dosage based off how I feel, rather than my antibody numbers in future blood work. I think as a physician, it's incredibly important to treat patients with complex immune-mediated diseases based on their clinical symptoms and how they feel, rather than only relying on blood tests. Blood tests can be a great tool, but since everyone is very different, they can be unhelpful, inaccurate, or not representative of how an illness is really affecting a patient. Idk man, I could write an essay about Dr. Lin. We need more doctors like him. I am so glad he is my allergist/immunologist and part of my lil medical team. The thought of starting Cuvitru next week gives me so much hope to get better, which I haven't felt in months. Thank you so much Dr. Lin and staff!! I truly feel like maybe I will finally get my life back! :) <3

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Nurses can come off as awkward and Dr.Lin can sometimes not have the best bedside manner. However Dr.Lin and his staff are quick, efficient, and professional. I have been here multiple times, and I have always been treated respectfully.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Unfriendly staff and Dr. Lin himself, despite smiles and cheer from myself and grandson. However, he was prompt and got the job done, which is the main thing.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Very young, extremely arrogant, reluctant to care empathetically, esp. for adult patient with hard-to-diagnose condition. Does not put patient at ease. Instead glares during history-taking and twirls pen to display boredom. Sarcastic, and just plain uncaring. His specialist medical opinion added nothing to my knowledge of my condition that my family doctor hadn't already told me about. A disappointing meeting that wasted my time away from my work, and a medical "professional" who certainly does not do a thing to build trust in the profession.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. Lin is Exemplary. He is extremely knowledgeable about complex allergic/immunological issues. He takes time to answer questions and explain everything. And he gives you a plan for what's next and never leaves you feeling like there's no options. He may personally call you back about bloodwork or other issues. He truly goes above and beyond.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Lin earns his paycheque!! Uses his and the patient's time effectively and efficiently and is good with following-up. One of the more competent and thorough allergists of Edmonton.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Excellent allergist and very knowledgeable. He's also wonderful with kids; but we miss his previous nurse...

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Great visit. Took the time to answer all of my quesyions and made me feel comfortable

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017