Ratings for Dr. Anders P. Apgar

Not so good. He seems irritated a lot these days. He did not return my call. A really nice doctor from another group called when I called the 3rd time and was really helpful even though I am not her patient. Time to move on I think!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr apgar isn't the shining jewel of the cwc crown. I am an experienced RN and mother. I got mastitis a fourth time in my three years of nursing babies and called the emergency line on a Sunday. The fever and redness started Saturday and I knew I needed antibiotics to avoid being hospitalized for it getting worse. Apgar refused to call in antibiotics so I had to hire a sitter for my 3 month old and go to the ER... For antibiotics. So $250 and four hours later I got what my trusted ob doctor could have easily prescribed over the phone and seen me in the office the next day for a follow up which would have been the REASONABLE response to a 103 fever and breast pain and redness x 1 day. Thanks for wasting a lot of my time and money.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor at all. He does not know his job at all. He is always in rush and orders so many unnecessary tests for you. STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I really like how Dr Apgar is no-BS, gets to the point, and can handle a bunch of rapid-fire questions! I also love that when it comes to physical exams he is very respectful, kind and gentle. He is the opposite of those doctors that feel they have to bully you into compliance. I only wish the same was true of his asst Jen, she is the reason I switched away from this practice, because she's surly and pushy. Her human interaction skills are really lacking :( The ultrasound tech was wonderful though, kind, patient, and lets you see the ultrasound--NEVER go to an ob-gyn that refuses to let you see the ultrasound screen! Also, this practice doesn't leave the blob of gel sitting around on the probe for goodness knows how long before sticking it into patients. The last thing you or your unborn child needs is a petri dish of doctor's office germs being shoved inside you, and yet all ob-gyns I've seen except this one leave a condom-covered probe sitting exposed to the air with gel on top--this have given me infections and I even lost a baby following one of those infections.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Apgar is one of the top OB/GYN's in his field. Being a medical professional myself, I am picky when it comes to choosing a doc for my prenatal care. I wish he had been the one to deliver my son, but with large practices and many docs it would be highly unlikely without being induced. He is very knowelgable but can be a bit hurried at times, this is expected in his line of work however. I love his nurse Jen, she is kind and explains anything she can. Only negative being the extremely long wait, I often waited 30-60 mins every appt during pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

He is fabulous! Great bedside manner, doesn't make you feel crazy for any questions you have - couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

He is a very caring doctor with the best bedside manner...he deliverd my two children and would recommend him in a heartbeat...

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Plan on waiting a longgggg time for Apgar, and when you do see him expect expect a self-interested man. No problems with him from a professional knowledge level, but he is clearly ion the profession to make $$$$

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I have been seeing Dr, Apgar for several years and have always found him to be professional. He takes the time to listen and answer all the questions you have, I am a nurse and his true concern and caring is hard to come by anymore. He tries to make you as comfortable as possible with exams and procedures. I am having surgery soon and would not trust anyone else to take care of me,

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

He is what a doctor should be - caring, compassionate, and professional. As a nurse, this is not the norm anymore. He is very genuine with no pretense, is knowledgable and eases worries that one may have in a difficult situation. He listens and is willing to answer any and all questions.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Anders P. Apgar's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Lumenos