Ratings for Dr. Steven Comay

Dr. Comay is one of those doctors that you just have to take with a grain of salt. He's definitely old school, but once you see past that and you are not intimidated by the fact that he's a doctor, you can actually talk to him like you would to your family member. He's quite charming. You just have to accept the fact that he's not going to give you that mushy emotional reassurance you are looking for. He might not have the patience for misbehaved and disrespectful children and google-doctor parents, but he sure knows what he's talking about. We've been with him for 13 yrs. He might come across cold, but I think it's a cultural thing. He has no malicious intent - just don't be afraid to challenge him. He will take it and not get upset. And even if he does, just ignore it...he's really not upset even if he seems it...it's a cultural thing...As for his receptionist/administrative coordinator, just be kind and joke around with her...she'll eventually warm up.. and if she doesn't...it's not you... it's a cultural thing! Hope this is helpful!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

We will be looking for a new physician. It is not coincidental that other posters have commented on his coldness, dismissive manner and at times borderline rude behaviour. His office is waiting area is on the dirty side and the toys provided for children are not hygienic.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

horrible time to retire totally out of touch with people cold and dismissive he was horrible with my newborn son and rude to my husband and I

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Comay for six years now. He actually diagnosed my daughter with hip dysplasia while 2 other doctors missed it. He always answers our questions and is very proffessional with us. His office is always busy but he takes his time. I sympathize with the comments below, buy personally I really like him. Thats why I have taken my newborn son to him as I know he is great with us.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I went to Dr. Comay regarging a diagnosis for ADHD and help aquiring accomodations for university. The process was good, Dr Comay diagnosed me efficiently. However, when asked to fill out simple forms for the university regarding my diagnosis, the doctor refused. The secretary gave me a very vague reason as to why the doctor refused. The forms were simple, and only asked about my symptoms and what I needed from the university; but the doctor still refused. However, the doctor did promise to write a letter to the university informing them about the diagnosis and need for accomodations. The letter, however, was not what i wanted. It was adressed to the wrong person and the letter droned on for paragraphs about what we talked about in our session (which wasn't needed). I called, and requested the doctor one more time to fill out the original forms. His secretary, quiet rudely, told me no and refused to give me a proper reason why. Due to this, my process of recieving proper accomodations in university will become much more complicated, just because the doctor wouldn't fill out a simple set of forms. If I don't recieve accomodations this fall due to this, any academic failure that I have will be blamed soley on Dr. Comay. Furthermore, in this entire process, the doctor didn't call me once to dicuss the forms; all communication was through the secretary, who wasn't helpful. Therefore, I will not be going to Dr. Comay in the future.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

horrible experience with dr comay cold indifferent and borderline rude he seems to forget that he is dealing with people

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I had a horrible experience with him a few days ago. My daughter is completely traumatized by getting needles thanks to him. I understand that he's a busy man but he could at least acknowledge his patients and talk to them like human beings! He literally stabbed my daughter with her vaccination needle and walked away. He didn't even have the decency to give her a band aid, that to me is a sign of someone who does not care. She's been having nightmares about him and I can't blame her. I think he's lost all passion for his work. I understand he must be immune to kids reactions but I fear that he's actually caused some psychological harm with my daughter. He wanted to give her the needle and get on with his day ASAP. I'm not impressed at all. There is NO WAY she's going to back to see him. Time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I'm very surprised with what people have experienced over the years with Dr Comay. We've been seeing him for 8 years now and not once have I doubted what he's said. Being a doctor myself, yes i get that the receptionist needs a refresher in smiling 101 and pick-up-the-phone 101, but he truly does know what he is doing. He listens to your concerns, discusses it and chucks your worries out the window. Gets your sick kid on their feet. What else do I want? Thumbs up !

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

terrible. waste of time. don't think he looked at me once and never acknowledged my son. only thing he did well was be prompt - probably because he was equally dismissive and curt to his previous patients. Time to retire Dr. Comay.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

An example of professionalism. It will be nice to see more doctors like him. Thank you Dr. Comay! Thomas and Antonella

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014