Ratings for Dr. Samuel Silverberg

People complain about people complaining about wait times on here and that it is expected on specialists. WELL LET ME TELL YOU... you are wrong. There is no need for ANYONE to have to wait two hours to see the doctor. AND WHEN YOU COMPLAIN AND LEAVE.. YOU ARE TOLD ,GOOD, THE DOCTOR DOESNT WANT TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ANYWAY!!!! That came from his secretary!!! ABSOLUTELY NO BED SIDE MANNERS FROM THIS LADY. NEVER EVER HAD TO WAIT LONGER THAN 30 to see a specialist. And let me say that I have seen way better than this. Dr Silverberg needs to re evaluate his time schedule, YOUR PATIENTS HAVE PRIORITIES AS WELL AS YOU. IT SHOWS HOW YOU DONT RESPECT YOUR PATIENTS RIGHT FROM THE START!!! Any respect for the ones that wait the three hours with medical problems ??? Need to eat, take meds etc.... the list can go on and on. Hire new help !!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Never got to see the doctor, after waiting 1.5 hours, the secretary let the lady that worked in the building go ahead of the two people that were waiting 1.5 hours. After complaining on what she did, I left, she told me the Doctor doesn't want to see people who complain. Dr Silverberg, time to find new help. Good help would of told the other lady to wait. MY TIME IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE DOCTORS.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

He is awesome Dr ! He listened and is thorough. The wait is a bit long, but thats becase he takes his time with each patient. Remember your seeing a specialist not drive through worker so lets be realistic! The receptionist is ok as well. Peolple complain to much, rush ,rush rush for everything your health is important to your life. Spend more time waiting on improving it vs complaining about how long it takes to improve YOUR quality of life for your own well being. Otherwise hit the walk in clinc if the rush is primary and health secondary.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I saw Dr. Silverberg about 25 years ago. He has an attentive manner and is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He was the one who found that I had sarcoid, while other doctors, even now, still laugh at me. I will never forget him, and the way he made me feel, that I was not "imagining" everything. Thank you so much Dr. Silverberg. (Oh, and as for some others' comments that there is a wait time - how many specialists have you seen? I ALWAYS have wait times, and to be honest, to get this kind of expertise, I would happiy wait all day. After all, I am not the one who went to university for most of my lifetime, to learn how to help people in this field.)

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Excellent support staff - She had to change my appointment but then offered to put me on a cancellation list and ended up moving my appointment by a month!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Probably the most thorough examination and discussion I've ever had with a Doctor. He is patient, through and understanding. I had no difficulties with the Receptionist. I found her pleasant but very busy. A smile and a kind word go along way.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I waited almost 2.5 hours before seeing Dr. Silverberg. I felt so blessed because I was referred to see him about my severe arthritis and forgot the inconvenience of waiting to be seen by him. His secretary is always very profession and efficient. Dr. was so knowledgeable and caring to patients and very pleasant. I felt so good leaving his office.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I would say he is one of the best doctor. I would like to say that we were lucky that we got an appointment with him and he redirected my father to the appropriate doctor who is treating my father at the moment and my father got relief from the terrible pain that he was suffering from the past eight months. Different doctors were not able to find out the exact cause despite running various diagnostic tests. He is the one who tried to find out the root cause and referred my father to appropriate professional. He took extra effort and I would appreciate his wisdom. He really cares about the patient doesn't matter if it is in his scope of practice or not. I wish we can have some more great doctors in our community like him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I have been treated by Dr Silverberg for 14 years. One thing I have know from our meetings is that he does not waste time on things that do not concern the problem. The first time I saw him I had a pain in my hand. I mentioned that it had improved so that I could grip a ball. He pointed out that the ball did not help the cause. This was true. Like all good doctors he concentrates on the cause of the problem, not just trying to fix the symptoms. Pain killers do not fix an arthritic joint. Or, in my case, slowdown the deterioration. They just relieve the discomfort. Mary, his receptionist is very busy. Towards the end of the day she no doubt becomes tired. A smile on your face, never fails to put a smile on hers. Like all specialists it takes time to get an appointment. He has a very busy practice. It could take months to get an appointment because of a referral from you GP. I was lucky to get one in two weeks because I went to the hospital next door and not my GP. For appointments, take a book or something to pass the time. Things have improved slightly since he joined e-health.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

First of all, Dr. Silverberg is a rheumatologist. I can't imagine if he was a geriatrician since he's always in a rush and not too knowledgeable. Like the others on this site, I waited for at least 3 hours to see him whereupon he spent less than 10 minutes with me. He told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that he didn't trust the abnormal blood tests that I had. I got another opinion at McMaster University and they completely disagreed with Dr. Silverberg. My lupus is now managed appropriately.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015