Ratings for Dr. Samuel Silverberg

I saw Dr. Silverberg about 25 years ago. He has an attentive manner and is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He was the one who found that I had sarcoid, while other doctors, even now, still laugh at me. I will never forget him, and the way he made me feel, that I was not "imagining" everything. Thank you so much Dr. Silverberg. (Oh, and as for some others' comments that there is a wait time - how many specialists have you seen? I ALWAYS have wait times, and to be honest, to get this kind of expertise, I would happiy wait all day. After all, I am not the one who went to university for most of my lifetime, to learn how to help people in this field.)

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Excellent support staff - She had to change my appointment but then offered to put me on a cancellation list and ended up moving my appointment by a month!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Probably the most thorough examination and discussion I've ever had with a Doctor. He is patient, through and understanding. I had no difficulties with the Receptionist. I found her pleasant but very busy. A smile and a kind word go along way.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I waited almost 2.5 hours before seeing Dr. Silverberg. I felt so blessed because I was referred to see him about my severe arthritis and forgot the inconvenience of waiting to be seen by him. His secretary is always very profession and efficient. Dr. was so knowledgeable and caring to patients and very pleasant. I felt so good leaving his office.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I would say he is one of the best doctor. I would like to say that we were lucky that we got an appointment with him and he redirected my father to the appropriate doctor who is treating my father at the moment and my father got relief from the terrible pain that he was suffering from the past eight months. Different doctors were not able to find out the exact cause despite running various diagnostic tests. He is the one who tried to find out the root cause and referred my father to appropriate professional. He took extra effort and I would appreciate his wisdom. He really cares about the patient doesn't matter if it is in his scope of practice or not. I wish we can have some more great doctors in our community like him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I have been treated by Dr Silverberg for 14 years. One thing I have know from our meetings is that he does not waste time on things that do not concern the problem. The first time I saw him I had a pain in my hand. I mentioned that it had improved so that I could grip a ball. He pointed out that the ball did not help the cause. This was true. Like all good doctors he concentrates on the cause of the problem, not just trying to fix the symptoms. Pain killers do not fix an arthritic joint. Or, in my case, slowdown the deterioration. They just relieve the discomfort. Mary, his receptionist is very busy. Towards the end of the day she no doubt becomes tired. A smile on your face, never fails to put a smile on hers. Like all specialists it takes time to get an appointment. He has a very busy practice. It could take months to get an appointment because of a referral from you GP. I was lucky to get one in two weeks because I went to the hospital next door and not my GP. For appointments, take a book or something to pass the time. Things have improved slightly since he joined e-health.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

First of all, Dr. Silverberg is a rheumatologist. I can't imagine if he was a geriatrician since he's always in a rush and not too knowledgeable. Like the others on this site, I waited for at least 3 hours to see him whereupon he spent less than 10 minutes with me. He told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that he didn't trust the abnormal blood tests that I had. I got another opinion at McMaster University and they completely disagreed with Dr. Silverberg. My lupus is now managed appropriately.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

The receptionist is very rude. Is takes a very long time to get an appointment to see dr silverberg. U can be in tremendous pain but they don't care. Dr silverberg should be more caring to his patients. He should also be on time as well instead if having u wait 2-3 hours to see him. He receptionist is rude and mean and always has a dirty look on her face like she hates her job and that the patients fusterated her just by being there. Maybe she shoukd listen to the comments and smile abit and stop booking patients 15 mins apart when we all know it takes dr silverberg 30-40 mins with each patients. Oh yeah and maybe just maybe smile every once in a while.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

My mother was referred to Dr. Silverberg by our family doctor about a month ago. After her appointment, she was upset with the way Dr. Silverberg talked to her. My mom has been suffering from severe pain for about two years now and our family doctor finally decided to send her to see Dr. Silverberg. Dr. Silverberg assessed the problem and told her what the reason for her pain might be. He told her that he could give her a needle that could help with the pain and maybe fix the problem and also told her that it will cause her pain for a few days. My mother told him that she needed a few days to think about it and as soon as she said that, his reply to her was in the form of "i have over a thousands patients who need attending to. If you want the needle, i can do it now and now only or you need to book an appointment which you will not get till next year". Is that rude or what ? As a doctor, your job is to understand why your patient needs time etc. You don't just brush off the patient just because you have "thousands of patients" waiting for you. To those who might be told to see Dr. Silverberg, I suggest that you not go to him. I highly doubt that someone would want to see a doctor who seems cocky with the amount of patients he has and doesn't really care about your needs.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I had an appointment with Dr. Silverberg today regarding pain in my neck. Dr. Silverberg listened very carefully about the issue I am facing by asking wide range of questions. He was not only attending the patients in his clinic but was also providing support, help and his expertise on the phone to other Doctors and patients. Although he had a very busy schedule but still he promised to see one of the patient on his way to home. I have found Dr. Silverberg a very knowledgeable, smart and caring doctor who always puts the interest of his patients first and thoroughly investigates the issues/problems his patients are facing before coming to a conclusion.[PremRandhawa]

Submitted October 8, 2014