Ratings for Dr. Andrew Kotaska

Don't know nothing live been diagnosed with cancer and I'm waiting in yk with pain meds and nothing has been done he should be retrain

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Very insensitive and borderline incompetent. He thinks he's God and knows best but is truly lost on some matters. I hope you are reading these comments and make some adjustments to how you treat and communicate with your patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Excellent Dr. The north is lucky to have him. Great bedside manners and very pleasant man. Very knowledgeable. Very talented Dr.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

On several occasions he chose to reference my weight -as if I could do anything about it while pregnant - including while I was in labour. I was never confortable around him and I think he has issues with overweight people. He was very unsympathetic when I was contracting every 30 seconds to 1 minute for several hours with no progress and acted as though I should just get over it - as if he could ever have any idea of what labour is like. Thankfully Dr. Woodside delivered my baby in the end and not this man.

Submitted August 6, 2015

Fantastic doctor. Delivered our son by emergency c-section. Love him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Kotaska delivered my daughter by c-section. Although that was not in my birth plan I am grateful for him conducting the surgery. I was unable to progress after multiple days of labour and he gave me all the time I wanted to deliver naturally byt unfortunately my baby was stuck in a position that could no be rotated or delivered. He was very knowledgeable and genuinely listened to my concerns over surgery. My post surgery recovery went very well and my scar is minimal. Very grateful for Dr. Kotaska's expertise.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Fantastic doctor. Very Knowledge. Max and I are thankful for him and his expertise

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

He delivered my child. He was really kind and nice and answered all my questions. He made me feel safe and calm and stayed with me to the end of my labour (56 hours later)

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

I saw him during my 1st ectopic pregnancy. He seemed knowledgeable, but I found him very unhelpful. I dealt with a varity of doctors at the beginning of my ectopic pregnancy. My hcg levels were monitored weekly. I was admitted to ER several times over 3.5 mths for severe pain but my hcg levels were dropping so Kotaska said "stay the course". 3 mths after my diagnosis I had more severe pain attacks. Kotaska ordered an ultrasound immediately. The ultrasound showed a mass (which was not there 3 mths earlier) but when he saw my hcg was very low, he told me to "wait it out", "my body should reabsorb it". 2 days later I had a pain attack on a plane, was rushed to Ottawa ER, had emergency surgery, remove a 1.5cup size blood clot and half my tube. Kotaska did not decide on my treatment. He was the 1st to say I shouldn't have had that treatment, but I felt as if I (and my pain) was being brushed off and not taken seriously. He focused on the hcg and ignored the increasing mass and pain.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I had been having menstrual issues for 2 years after the delivery of my 2nd baby and Dr. Kotaska was the only doctor to listen to me. He performed a D&C within a week of discussing my issues. Sure enough he found placental pieces. Thankfully he listened. He has great bedside manner and is very professional. I would recommend him to anyone. His nurses are also very nice, and they actually call you when pathology results come back!!!! In my experience I was always chasing down labratory/pathology results. This time they surprised me and called me. Dr.Kotaska and his staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Great experience!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012