Ratings for Dr. Julie G. Grover

They were unprofessional and rude. I advise any expectant mother to find a different doctor's office because this office took advantage of my naïveté and I found their professionalism appalling.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I did NOT have a pleasant experience with Dr Grover, and would never recommend anyone to her. She always acted annoyed with me and would make me wait 15-45 min every appt. then when I would see her, she would see me for a total of 5 min. My last encounter with her, she quite literally yelled at me for my weight. I'm a 5'8" woman and I weighed 125 lbs when I first got pregnant. At 22 weeks I had gained a total of 10 lbs., which I understood was normal. She made me feel incredibly uncomfortable saying that I had gained a lot. That is NOT something a first time, already self conscious, mom wants to hear. My main concern is the health of my baby, and she made it seem like I was harming my baby immensely. Then she said she wanted to check the heartbeat of the baby. I had worn a dress that day and so I sat on the table and just lifted my dress enough that she could get to my stomach. She turned around and said, "you didn't have to, ugh Whatever" scoffing at me because apparently I wasn't supposed to lift my dress? That was the only way she would get to my belly to check the heartbeat, and my lady parts were all still covered. If she wanted me to cover more, she should have supplied a sheet to drape over myself, instead of making me feel like an idiot. Overall, she has TERRIBLE bedside manner, and seems like she doesn't care about a patient and their wellbeing at all.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Reading the negative comments posted, I have no idea how they had that kind of experience. Sometimes Dr's have things come up, which is understandable. My experience with Dr. Grover and her staff has been amazing. They are super helpful, and always greet me with a smile every time I go in. Dr. Grover is AMAZING. She genuinely cares about her patients. Sometimes I have to wait a while or have to be rescheduled when I go in for appts, but she is an OB Dr. I am more than happy to wait if it means she will leave for me when I am delivering. I will see Dr. Grover for all of my pregnancies/ gyn concerns. The NP's at the office are also very knowledgeable and have been able to help me several times as well. Yes, it's true when I call I have to leave a msg for a nurse, but I always get a call back within a few hrs, never been a problem. Basically, I LOVE this office!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Front office staff was rude, I was stuck waiting over an hour for an apartment ... That they had changed to that time because the doctor did not want to have a "gap" between patients. I called before my appoint to see if she was on time, they had said yes, but when I got there (5 minutes later) they kept me waiting for a half hour. I then had to ask about when I'd get pulled back... They said another 45 minutes. They blatantly lied. When I originally scheduled the appointment, the scheduling staff was not helpful, I'd say rude. I work in a doctors office, and I would fire my staff if they were that rude. It doesn't matter how bad or sever your symptoms are, if you aren't being seen because you are pregnant, they feel no urgency to see you. Maybe they are better if that's what you're being seen for, but if not... Expect to wait to actually see the dr and to be told "no she won't see you, but that's a problem so go to the er if it's not better in a couple days..." Gee, thanks for that. And forget about ever speaking with a nurse when you call... They require a message be left first and they'll get back to you when they feel like it

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

This is not a comment about the doctor, but about the facility and staff. When I made my appointment, I was never told who would be seeing me, told the wrong time for the appointment and given innadequate directions on how to get to the office. It took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot and 5 minutes to figure out where the office was once in the building. Because of this, I was 7 minutes late to my appointment (the correct time wich was 10 minutes earlier than what I was told they scheduled me for). I was then rudely told I would have to reschedule my appointment because I was more than 10 minutes late. There were 3 doctors I could have seen, and all of them would be booked for 2 weeks for a procedure that would not take more than 5 minutes. I kindly told them I would rather find a different doctor and they could expect not to see me again.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I have seen Dr Grover for all three of my pregnancies and births. My 3rd pregnancy was extremely complicated. I suffered from extreme hyperemesis which required home health care, feeding tubes and many other interventions. Dr Grover was very kind and sincere 100% of the time. I saw her very frequently ( every week, sometimes more than once a week) through my whole pregnancy and she never made me feel like it was a burden. She is thurough, thoughtful, compassionate, and very knowledgable. All things I value in a physician. Yes there is most times a wait to see her, but when you want the best it's a small sacrifice to make. I drove 40 minutes each way to see her, because to me, she is simply the best OBGYN around.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

I absolutely love Dr Grover. She delivered my first child and she (along with her staff) helped me through anxiety and depression that followed. She is always sincere and kind and listens to my concerns. She never makes me feel rushed which is very important for me. I started to see her for my second pregnancy, but my husband I moved more up north. I cried at my last visit because I just love the care I've received there. I love the staff, they are friendly, kind and they remember little details about me. The billing department has always been efficient and kind to me and allowed me to set up a billing plan with them. If I ever forgot to pay, they would call and gently remind me. They were never rude or pushy. If there was a mistake, they were quick to fix it. Of course, with all good doctors comes a longer wait, but I've never waited more than 45 mins to an hour to be seen. As patients, we have to remember that there are other patients and other women in labor. Let's be understanding!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. Julie Grover is an excellent OBGYN. She delivers babies. Babies don't always come when it is convenient. Waiting for the doctor is a problem. She should have another OBGYN practicing with her to alleviate this problem. To be on call with patients waiting doesn't go over well with me and most women. I would hate to be waiting with small children! Her staff is nice but could be more professional.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I read the reviews left on this site before going to Dr. Grover and had some concerns. My SIL had seen Dr.G and highly recommended her so I trusted her. This the 4th OBYGN I have had(read I have many children and moved a lot). Dr. Grover is equal to or better than my other doctors. Honestly, the comments made do have some merit but lack perspective. The front staff is nice and prompt. They do talk but not significantly more than other staffs I've seen. The office layout adds to the loudness. Dr.G's nurse was excellent and very kind. The NP, Casey is also excellent. Dr. Grover is sometimes slow (all my obgyn's were at some point, comes with the job) and she is quiet. However, she is very caring, concerned and informed. I had complications and she watched me carefully. She gave up part of her vacation to make sure she was there for my delivery which took 3 hours of pushing along with a visit from the NICU. She was patience, saved me from a c-section and minimized other risks=invaluable!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr. Julie G. Grover's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

MSP/BC Med