Ratings for Dr. Jay D. Mabrey

Dr. Mabrey performed total hip replacement on my right hip on February 25, 2015. He did the surgery in the morning and I went home before 4:00 p.m. I could not be happier with my experience. Dr. Mabrey made my first surgery a snap. I was walking right away and never experienced pain. The staff at Uptown was so friendly and helpful, I almost didn't want to leave. I have honestly never met a Doctor as helpful, friendly and supportive as Dr. Mabery.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr. Jay D. Mabrey performed a total hip replacement on my right hip in early July, 2014 at Baylor Medical Center at Uptown (BMCU). This doctor, his office staff, and the staff and the facility at BMCU are all top notch! I never had a major surgery in my life until now, so I was very apprehensive (to put it mildly), but the experience was so much better than expected. I cannot rate them all highly enough, and I would recommend Doctor Mabrey, Baylor Hospital, and Baylor Medical Center at Uptown without reservation. He will be replacing my second hip later this year, and that is my highest vote of confidence.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr Mabrey has done two complete hip replacements for me (the last one January 3 2014. I would say he is one of the best doctors I have ever met. My wife and I love him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Mabrey and his staff have been the most helpfull medical professionals. I had my left knee scoped in September, and was informed by my Surgen that my knee needed to be replaced. So I found Dr. Mabrey he was able to work me in that week, and now 5 1 1/2 weeks later, and my knee feels great, still have a ways to go with PT, I trust Dr. Mabrey and his staff, and would use his services again, Great Dr.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Mabrey is the most caring and skilled Surgeon, I ever met! No wonder, he is the Chief of Orthopedic Surgeons at Baylor. My Hip Surgery was very complex and challenging... significant Pelvis-socket erosion had occurred from having multiple, total Hip Joints for over 37 years! Can you find reliable info on the net? You Bet! Thank God, I found ratemds... that's why I chose Dr. Mabrey! He listens intently to his patients... it really is all about you! He does not have pre-prepared speeches. He has a warm, comforting sense of humor about the difficult procedure. Dr. Mabrey used all sorts of specialized mechanical components, to make a perfect fitting joint. After the fourth, most traumatic, Left Hip operation ever... I've never felt better, and my legs are perfectly balanced! Thanks to all the prior responders, for their honest and accurate reviews. Dr. Mabrey is a Saint, sent down from heaven, or more accurately; a god on earth, who puts us back together! GR in Shady Shores, Texas

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

I have been with Dr. Mabrey since he was in San Antonio, Texas, at the University of Texas Health Center. He has performed two hip replacements on me. My hip problem was so bad that other doctors would not perform any kind of surgey on me. They said that I would need to see Dr. Mabrey. He would be the only one that could fix the hip. I go once a year to see Dr. Mabrey. It is a 5 hr. drive for me one way. Even if Dr. Mabrey moved out of the state of Texas, I would make the trip to his office. You stay with a doctor that you trust. And I do trust him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Dr. Mabrey is brilliant, funny, attentive, caring and the best doctor around. I would recommend my mother to him. A+++++

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Probably the best doctor I've ever seen. He LISTENS, and knows what he's doing. He diagnosed my problem quickly, but was not pushy. He performed my hip replacement surgery, I had good results and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

I felt totally at ease after my first visit with Dr. Mabrey. He was very informative, yet left the decision on what treatment I want for the osterarthritis in my hip totally up to me. I chose a thp and my surgery went well. My incision looks great. I feel that Dr. Mabrey takes interest in each patient and truly wants to help them. He is very experienced and knowledgeabe. His staff is very kind, helpful, and accomodating.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Wonderful surgeon. Diagnosed me right away, confirmed it with MRI, operated, and I was good to go. Would use again and would recommend. Office is not great looking, but that doesnt matter. His main nurse Kathy is really helpful and patient also.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007

Dr. Jay D. Mabrey's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1981)