Ratings for Dr. Sherry W. POLEC

Dr. Wang is aware of the patient as a human being. She treats the whole body, not just symptoms.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Went to her for a 2nd opinion. She missed one appointment, called in while I was waiting to say she was home. Other appointment she seemed interested in my somewhat complex med history but in the end said I was fine, go home and enjoy life. I've had several biopsies, lymph nodes removed, along with a list of other things, that she had no explanation for or was dismissive, saying it was more or less normal because my blood tests were normal now, which they weren't at one time. Also recommended I take a medication another doctor had taken me off of and I also don't want to take. I don't expect one doctor to know everything but thought by going to Baylor, they would refer me to another department until I got a dx.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

I chose Dr. Wang after numerous recommendations from others in the Texas Medical Center. She has been my provider for three years now. I am not disappointed. I am very satisfied and having nothing but nice things to say about her. Her treatment plan is professional and appropriate.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

I liked Dr. Wang the first time I saw her, which was just for an annual exam. However, both times that I have come to her with problems, she has been dismissive and condescending. For instance, she dx'd my bladder pain (from a UTI) as "muscle pain", even after the UA came back positive for bacteria. She dx'd recurrent headaches accompanied by nausea as stress-related, even though I told her that I wasn't under an unusual amount of stress, and that I'd never had headaches before. I saw a neurologist a week later who dx'd me with migraines, and started me on medication, which helped tremendously. The "seasonal allergies" she said I had were actually a chronic sinus infection caused by acid reflux. Dr. Wang was highly recommended to me by another doc, so I gave her a few tries before coming to this conclusion. Bottom line--go elsewhere if you want to be taken seriously.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007

Dr. Sherry W. POLEC's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1999)