Ratings for Dr. Amy L. Sonnenblick

Dr. Sonnenblick is very nice and cares for the patient, but administrative staff and nurses not so much. I had to retake a test because the sample taken the first time was not good. They made me pay for a new appointment and for the test for the second time. The waiting time is horrible.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr. Sonnenblick is the best doctor I have ever been to, she is kind, compassionate and incredibly thorough. If there is any health issue she will get to the bottom of it. I recommend Dr. Sonnenblick to anyone who wants excellent care

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Very caring and compassionate, spends time with her patients. I had a problem and they gave me an appointment that day. She called to check on me, she truly cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Sonnenblick's for two years. In regards to Dr. Sonnenblick personally, I've always found her to be friendly, helpful, and informative. She takes her time with patients and makes them feel cared for. Unfortunately, for various reasons (as described below), I would never recommend her to anyone. In regards to her staff, I've never had a good experience. Her front office staff speak in loud voices that do not lend to patient confidentiality. They do not take responsibility for their mistakes or have sympathy for patients that have been waiting multiple hours past their appointment times. Mistakes in insurance billing are placed on the patient and any patients that express frustration are met with very aggressive responses. Her scheduling staff aren't redeeming. When I called for an emergency appointment, I was not given one. Instead I was offered one in two weeks. At which point, I was forced to go to a local emergency clinic and then the ER. Another area of disappointment is the prescriptions Dr. Sonnenblick writes. She was very kind to give me three month supply of my first oral contraceptive. However, with insurance, I was paying over $100 a month after that. When I went for a visit and requested a generic brand, she refused and said that none were available. Which leads me to insurance. I got married and changed my insurance over the course of my time with Dr. Sonnenblick. I cannot count the times I requested that my name and insurance be changed in my file. Unfortunately, they not only forgot to change my name and insurance, but their related lab sent a bill to collections in my name because Dr. Sonnenblick's office informed them that I had no insurance on file. As a result, my credit was affected. It took 9 months and over 30 phone calls to clear up. No apologies were offered. I'm very sorry to say that I stayed with her practice until I got pregnant. Dr. Sonnenblick does not accept new OB patients, because of her obligations to her young family (admirable). After visiting my new OB's office for my first appointment, I signed a Release of Records. The next day Dr. Sonnenblick's office called me to inform me that they would not release my records unless I was willing to pay a large fee (allowable by state law) for reproduction costs. They charged the maximum the law would allow. Kindly, they offered to send my most recent records only, free of charge- which does no good when you are pregnant. I conferred with my lawyer and he suggested that I request a digital copy of my medical records. The office out and out refused, which is illegal. This final offense is why I am writing this review. To refuse OB treatment to a pregnant woman, then require a hefty payment in order for that woman to receive treatment elsewhere is cruel. Shame on that office. I would not recommend this office to anyone for the various reasons listed. Most especially to the women that plan on starting a family at any point in their lives.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Sonnenblick is the best. Your health is her primary concern. I trust her without question. You may have to wait to see her, but it's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Sonnenblick is awesome. Remembers you just as if you were good friends. Excellent professional.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I went to see Dr. Sonnenblick because my insurance no longer covered my previous dr. The staff immediately put me at ease. I was somewhat nervous as I was having some issues. The Dr. was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. She went over my options and we agreed on what tests needed to be done. I also needed to go on the pill , and as I take medication for epilepsy she knew the correct one that would not conflict with my medication. We went over tests again and then an office staff member scheduled them, going over costs and labs that were needed. She explained that lab costs are billed separately through that company, and insurance covers certain portion of the costs. I really appreciated them letting me know this ahead of time. She is a fantastic doctor and office staff is good too.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Just awful! Do not go here. They do not care about anyone but themselves. And will nickle and dime you on things you "need" when in reality you never needed what she said. So many tests and labs that I "needed" and a 700$ bill cause they did not discuss with me what my insurance can and cannot help me with I left. And the best decision I've ever made. My new doctor looked at everything done from there and could not make sense of it. Dr. Sonnenblick uses naive fear on her patients and when you ask her to explain she dances around any real answers. And lets not start on her rude, unprofessional, self righteous staff. As you will see with the rest of the reviews they were disgusting, terrible people. The whole "practice" if thats what you want to call it, should be stopped. A person who works like this should never treat people again. So do yourself a favor and save some time. DO NOT GO HERE!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I had an early morning appointment. Her staff were very friendly and professional with me. She even consulted with me for about an hour before administering my exam. Will definitely keep her as an OB/Gyn.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

You will wait 2 hours before you see the doctor for a quick 5 minute exam. They overbook. Bring your lunch if you come here.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Amy L. Sonnenblick's Credentials

• Spanish

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1993)

Commercial Insurance Company