Ratings for Dr. Dennis Hammond

As others have reviewed, Dr. Hammond does not have the best bedside etiquette, and may have a bit of an ego, but that's because he's the best and knows it. He always has interns, they all want to train under him, he does lectures all over the country. Over the course of 2 years he preformed 3 breast augmentations. The first 2, I capsular contracted, my fault for being a smoker and not taking it easy. Ever time he did them, he treated it as his masterpiece. Now they look amazing, the feel great, fit my frame and are age appropriate (I'm a 33 y/o mother of 3, they don't need to look like I'm 19, but they don't look like 33 either). Given what he had to start with, its incredible. His office staff was great, they even worked with my insurance. Do more research, not just reviews, he literally wrote a text book on breast augmentation. For anyone with tuberous breast, Dr. Hammond has more experience than anyone else in Michigan If you want the work of a master, go to Dr. Hammond.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I can not say enough, nor have the adequate words to describe what a thorough, satisfying and informative experience it has been with Dr. Dennis Hammond. It is truly a blessing to have the expertise of Dr. Hammond here in Grand Rapids MI @Partners in Plastic Surgeons. From the moment you call for your first consult appt., thru to your six month post-op, you will be treated with the utmost respect, kindness and meticulous care. From the office staff, to the nursing staff, surgical as well as the Anesthesia Dr., they are all there to help make this the most comfortable and comforting experience it can be. They are there to answer any questions as well as address all concerns. And believe me when I say, that over this 5 yr journey of having to have a double mastectomy, being in the hands of a different plastic surgeon, (that I have no words to describe either of the nightmare that was), that being directed and finding the God gifted Dr. Hammond was truly a blessing to me after all I had been thru. Dr. H not only revised the many mistakes from previous surgeries from the reconstruction, but gave me back exactly what I had been looking for. He asked questions as to what I wanted, not telling me what I needed. I recently had Dr. Hammond perform a Thigh Lift on this 60 yr old body, and the results I have received are nothing short of miraculous. As I started this review, I do not have the adequate words to speak how gifted and blessed you will be with the results of any surgery performed by Dr. H. Not enough gold stars to rate! Highly Recommend!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had nothing but a great experience! Everything from my consult to surgery to follow-up has gone well! Dr Hammond had a wonderful bedside manner and took pride in his work. I am happier than I have been in years because of my reduction.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I went to see this doctor to fix hardened breast from previous surgery. He was abusive,treat me like dirt, gave me dirty look, insulted me in front of nurse and brought medical students without my consent and told me show my naked breast to them.I was humiliated and cried when I walked out. What kind of doctor treat his patient like that ? I can't believe he is still in practice. Word can't explain. My comment is minus, minus,minus.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

The staff was great.THEY RECEIVED THE RATING NOT THE DOCTOR!! I chose the doctor based upon his reviews and his vast amount of education. I felt that the doctor did his best to talk me out of the breast implants I wanted because he insisted he could give me the results without them. Little did I know, he was only talking me out of implants because it meant more profit for him. My first surgery I wasn't happy with so I went back and like an idiot he again told me he could give me the wanted results" NO PROBLEM"...I should have listened to his nurses!! Two surgeries later I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!! AND HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT!!

Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Hammond is known for his lack of "bed side manner" and it is true. I can't believe I had to "kiss-up" to him if he was in a bad mood (which was often). I was even told once that he was having a "bad day" and didn't have the time to talk to me about the concerns I have in reference to my past surgeries. I've had a mastectomy, expanders, infections, tram flap,and a few surgeries to fix problems in both breasts. Still have the problems. I had an augmentation of the non-cancerous breast which has issues that need to be repaired. I thought Dr. Hammond was a perfectionist and would look and feel beautiful once he was finished with the reconstruction....but still not finished...and not even or feeling beautiful

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

All I can say is thank God for Dr. Hammond & Dr. Timek and their staff; they took my damaged body and made me whole and they did it professionally, personally, carefully, and beautifully. My Oncologist said she has never seen such a beautifully reconstructed breast. There is no one better

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Hammond & Dr. Timek just completed my reconstruction and it's perfect. I've gone through a lot and the care and compassion that I received, coupled with the highest level of treatment is amazing. I'm fortunate that this level of care is available to someone in a mid-sized city. Everyone at the practice treats you personally, respectfully, promptly, professionally and the Dr.'s are beyond compare. These are amazing Dr.'s with amazing staff.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

I liked my consult with Dr. H. and was ready to book my surgery. However I could not receive a response back from the office to schedule my date. I don’t blame the Dr. since I’m confident he does great work, however be warned. If this is how responsive the office is before surgery, I would hate to run into complications and receive the same response (or lack thereof). I understand we all get busy and maybe over a week of requesting feedback does not seem like a priority, but to me this is an exciting personal move not to mention I’m a busy working mom with limited availability. I also did not receive a call back from the office mgr after leaving a message; a scheduler called me back (she did apologize) but since at this point I was not confident in the level of service, I went ahead and scheduled with another office. I told her this and she wished me good luck and ended the call. Really they did not want any insight as to why a dissatisfied customer?? I guess business is good!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I wish I were a typical case, I really do; but I'm not..I'm the queen of complications. I honestly don't know what I do without Dr. Hammond and Dr. Kalnoki-Kis; Jan, Penny, Joanie..everyone at the practice. They not only take care of me but they genuinely care for me and are concerned for me. I have to add this too..they care about and include my Husband all the time; he's always a part of any conversation. I don't feel I'm out of the woods yet, but I know I've got the greatest people by my side.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Dr. Dennis Hammond's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1985)