Ratings for Dr. Franklin M. Johnson

The surgery went badly and the scar healed poorly and was twice as long the small two inch incision that he had told me to expect. it still causes me pain after several years. I was young, healthy and of normal weight at the time of the surgery and I do not see why he needed to make such a large incision or why it opened up.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Loved all the dr's except Johnson. Was very short and super touchy. I felt uncomfortable every time I had an appointment with him which is not something you should feel with a first pregnancy.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

The best OBGYN I have ever had. I immediately felt at ease during my pre-opt consultation with Dr. Johnson. The staff was professional and courteous as well. I had a full hysterectomy performed by Dr. Johnson. He gave me the facts from day one, he never sugar coated the details of my condition or the fact that I needed surgery and explained everything that my surgery and recovery would entail. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions without hesitation or condescension. His knowledge, experience, sense of humor and overall demeanor was reassuring. He possesses empathy and the ability to think on his feet which really helped me make the decision to move forward with my surgery. I’m almost 1 ½ weeks post - surgery and I already feel better than I have in years.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Found out I had a lump in my breast. Dr. Johnson said it was normal for my age! Staff is untrained, insensitive and clueless. Called 4 times over a 5 week period to obtain pathology report. Eventually went to the hospital and picked it up myself. Needed a 2nd biopsy. Challenged Dr. Johnson on my lump -was told it was "normal for my age" is not the answer I would accept. He finally read my report over the phone. Sent me a letter stating he will no longer provide medical care since I was so unhappy. He gave me 14 days to find another doctor - I did find a wonderful doctor who cares as well as a "corrected" diagnosis on the 2nd biopsy.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I had been suffering with endometriosis for many years. I had heavy painful periods. I was never given other options but to remove my uterus. I decide to try Dr. Johnson because I heard many good things about him. He recommended an ablation so I agreed. I have been pain free and have normal periods since my ablation n December in 2012. I went to the Upland office and staff is great.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Fabulous doctor! Gentle, kind, sympathetic. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I have fibroids of the uterous and heavy bleeding and my gynecologist at the time said that I would needed a full hysterectomy. I didnt think this was right and wanted a second opinion so I went to Care for Womens Medical Group and met with Dr. Franklin Johnson. Thank God! He informed me of another alternative called a robotic hysterectoy which is less painful and takes alot less time to heal and very effective. I just had my surgery and now feel great. I was not in pain and was able to go back to work in a week!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr.Johnson himself was average. A bit sarcastic and I felt that he thought my questions were stupid. Important information was not given and I had to do my own research to see what screenings I needed as they did not give me my options. I ended up switching OBs half way through my pregnancy because I was so unhappy. A HUGE problem was the front desk staff. The doctor would tell me one thing and the office staff would tell me another. Nobody knew what they were talking about. It wasn't until multiple emails to the doctor and visits that I would actually get correct information. My first appt was scheduled in the wrong office and I should have known then that this office was going to be a disaster. No apologies or anything for mix ups...and there were plenty. If you are a first time mom or someone who needs correct information, I would definitely look into another OB office.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

My previous ob closed her practice and told me that she was sending her patients to Dr. Johnson. She said that she really liked him and that I would be very happy. Having never seen a male doctor before I was very nervous. Thankfully she was RIGHT! He was gentle, funny, and I felt like he really listened to my concerns and issues (don't tell her but I like him wayyyy better). Anyways, great doctor. Very happy with this doctor and I will be telling all my friends. By the way, it is the nicest and best decorated office I've ever been in.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

I couldn't be happier. Dr. Johnson was helpful, courteous, and helped me through a very tough time in my life. He always sat down and listened to my concerns, and I felt like he genuinely cared about what I wanted. The office is absolutely gorgeous and very clean. I had limited exposure to staff, but the staff I did meet was very professional. The nurse that rooms you is fantastic. I think her name is susan (I really liked her). You won't be dissapointed and I recommend Dr. Johnson to all my friends.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009