Ratings for Dr. George A. Oley

Dr. Oleys office on Three Chopt is the worst ran "medical" office I have ever encountered. On two separate occasions they had no idea why were there. They did impressions for my son and can't even find them. I know offices aren't perfect but this office has the worst communication and organization I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

worst dentist i have ever been to. i was rushed into an x-ray room, i asked the assistant whats going on, and he said we are doing xrays then a cleaning. I responded i would like to talk to the dentist to make a treatment plan and discuss billing before you just do whatever you want. I agreed to the xrays as they were needed. After waiting in a room for 20 minutes, a lady "dentist" comes in looks at my xrays and just tells the assistant to write down what she says..pretty much all crowns(which they make the most $$ off of). she never even looked in my mouth. I felt rushed the entire time by all the employees. They never fully responded to any of my questions. When i asked about a treatment plan, they just printed out a sheet showing all crowns, $6000+. When i asked to sit down and go over the plan, i was told the lady "dentist" was busy, and that she doesn't really do anything anyhow, and dr. oley wouldn't be back until august 17th. I re-stated the main reason i was there was due to acute pain, which the technician even commented on seeing the root an a xray. I asked the lady "dentist" what i was susposed to do untill august 17th, and she just blew me off and said take advil. I did not catch her name (never even acknowledged me with a greeting) but she was a bigger, latino lady. I have been to several dentist in my life, and I have never experienced a less caring, un-empathetic, get you in then out without even explaining what they are going to bill you. AVOID AT ALL COST - i rather suffer until i find a new dentist appointment then let them touch me.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I had never had teeth problems. I went in for a check up & cleaning. They told me they found a very small cavity that should be taken care of. I went back the next week and have been in pain for 3 weeks. I went back a week later and they had to drill the tooth and they told me I would need a root canal if it wasnt better in a month!! In the tooth they filled the week before! I had to go back 2 days later because I was in so much pain...they were going to drill the tooth again but I walked out. I would NEVER go back to this dentist. I only wish I could rate them lower than Terrible.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

This is the best dentist I have ever been too! The attention to detail far surpasses any place I've ever been too. I needed a Root Canal and I was in extreme pain Dr. Oley came in on the weekend and saw me, and I didn't feel a thing. He explained every little part to me so I understood what was going on. You can really tell that he cares for his patients, and is a great dentist.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Had a very bad experience today. Dr patel and her assitance was very rude to my 4 yr old son.her assitance was rude as well.how can you raise your voice at a 4yr old, who is innocent. My son started crying because he was scared.dr patel, she looked down on me thinking that I myself wasnt as educated as her.i would not recommend anyone.she dont care, all they worry about is making money...im only thankful for the office staff up front.they tried their best to help me out with my insurance situation.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I've visited this dentist office 4 times too many, never again! It is a rats maze and the office staff is extremely disorganized and gossipy. Office ethics seem to lean more toward making money rather than maintaining the structure of their patient's mouth. And Dr Wilby is a butcher. Originally went to this office for tooth pain and was diagnosed with root sensitivity, no infection and advised to have a root canal. Also overheard office staff talking negatively about other staff members and patients. 2nd visit there was a mix-up on the type of procedure I needed and I had to remind the staff and doctor several times that I was there for a root canal. I had the root canal performed only to find out later, by another dentist, that if there was no infection then I should have been advised to just use Sensodyne toothpaste. I'm out $600 and a perfectly good tooth, with an increased chance of developing an infection in the now dead tooth. 3rd visit I went in for a cleaning and was diagnosed with 2 small cavities... while trying to schedule the fillings my records were somehow lost??? 4th visit I had to prove that I had an appt by displaying the schedule card I received on my 3rd visit, somehow my appt had been cancelled??? I should have turned around then and found another dentist, but my schedule is busy and hectic and I was already there... Somehow they managed to squeeze me into Dr Wilby's schedule and she performed the drilling and filling with such haste and force that bits of my teeth were flying out of my mouth. 2 weeks afterwards my mouth was still sore and another, previously healthy tooth, had been loosened because of the drilling causing extreme sensitivity to my whole jaw and an inability to eat solid food. With the good advise of another dentist I started using Sensodyne and ate only soup for 2 weeks and effectively reduced all the sensitivity and regained proper structure of the loose tooth. Oley, Shaia & Associates... Dentists or Butchers?

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

First visit: I had a tooth infection was given a prescription of antibiotics. The dentist recommend I see the orthodontist that apparently was in the same building. Second visit 4 days later I didn't know what to expect: The doctor walked in the room made no introduction (only said How ya doin?) leaned my chair back and proceeded to swabbed my gum. I said "what are you doing?". His reply was "I don't know yet. I about to find out." So he prods and looks at the bothersome tooth. I told him I don't know what to expect. Are you going to see what needs to be done and then set an appt. to do it or what? He replied No I'm gonna pull it. I said: Today!? He said Yes. They didn't even walk me through what he was going to do and they didn't even tell me what I needed to know after they pulled my tooth!!! I was in a room that wasn't set up for an extraction. A quarter way through it they made me get up and walk to a different room! 45 minutes later they pulled the tooth and walked out!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

Ahhhh...finally found a dentist I can trust. With five children, I have to find a good one..I have seen several different dentists in this practice...they were all good. It is worth my one hour drive

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Best dentist in the Richmond,Virginia area! I highly recommend his practice.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Me and my son were with this practice for about 10 years at both west end and hugueonot locations. We went to the dentist on a regular and I did not ever meet Dr. Oley one time while going there. It was a different asst. everytime. If it weren't for photos I wouldn't have even known what my dentist looks like.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010