Ratings for Dr. Richard Demir

I was referred by my primary care doctor for my fibroid. I "googled" him before the visit. He is all over with a Guinness world record for a 7 pound tumor. I saw him and he was quite funny. He made me feel at ease. I had an exam and an ultrasound that he did humself. The evaluation agreed with my prior ultrasound (I did not tell him about). If he can take out a 7 lb tumor I feel really good about him getting mine done without cutting me open. I am scheduled in two weeks. I feel really good about this surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I had been to three other docs before with my fibroid uterus. Each of them wanted to open my abdomen. They said I needed an abdominal hysterectomy. I could not afford to be off of work for six weeks. Dr. Demir did my surgery through my bellybutton, got me out of the hospital after one night and back to work in ten days. Excellent job!! I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2008

The staff was pleasant emough - his assistant kind. The issue I have is with the dr himself. A well woman exam is bad enough without having a doctor intimidate and bully. My appointment: in walks the dr, the student doc (nobody asked if I minded an audience), and the assistant. I told the student doc that I wanted a CA125 test. The dr immediately gets on this tirade about why the CA125 test is in his opinion worthless. This lecture went on for at least 5 minutes. I felt myself getting red hot and tearing up – no kidding. He ticked me off but I didn’t feel comfortable telling him off while naked and then that upset me that I felt like that and the tears started. OMG it was awful!!! I wanted to tell him to shove off and get out so I could get dressed and leave. Hmmm. No wonder they made me pay the copay up front! Dr. Demir needs to work on his bedside manner - there is no warmth or kindness from that guy. Humiliating experience.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I agree with the previous comment.I felt that he was very rushed. Not willing to listen to anything I had to say.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

This doctor looked like Jerry Springer but less knowledge. He talked down to me as though I know nothing about my body. I sat in the freezing lobby while listening to music that sounded like bagpipes crying for over an hour before I was taken back. All he wanted to do was surgery on me. He cursed and was very inappropriate. He was very disrespectful to his staff. I don't enjoy getting well womens but he made it unbearable. I will never go back again.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr. Demir and his medical staff seriously mishandled my case, resulting in a medical battle I am still facing. A misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment and unsuccessful laparoscopic surgery are a small part of the nightmare I experienced. After misdiagnosing me with PID (putting a huge strain on my monogamous relationship) and putting me on heavy antibiotics before leaving for vacation, my doctor scheduled me for further tests and a laparoscopy with doctors I'd never even met before. Results revealed endo, not PID. The surgeon from Demir was unsuccessful in removing the endo while the antibiotics gave me a near-deadly case of colitis for which I required a colonoscopy and 4 days of hospitalization. Recurrence of both endo and colitis due to the group's mishandling of my illness caused the need for long-term disability from work, ending my career. Demir denied their responsibility even with undeniable evidence. Each appointment had a minimum waiting time of 30 minutes.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2006

He is very personable and knowledgable doctor. He took great lengths to explain my issues in a way I could understand. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2006

He was VERY rude... acted like I had no idea what I was talking about when it came to my own body and like my opinion didnt matter ... He swore seceral times (this was the first time I met with him) and he was NOT personable. I will be changing docs... he is not the doc I want delivering my baby... Why do docs think they cant treat people like this b/c they have Medicaid... I will have Blue Cross in a month... I bet he would treated me different if I already had it...

flag | Submitted July 24, 2006

I WAS IN PAIN FOR A LONG TIME, ER VISIT AFTER ER VIST AND THEY WERE SAYING I WAS IMAGING IT BUT, I FOUND HIM AND MY LIFE IS BACK. THANK GOD FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL DOC.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2006

Dr. Richard Demir's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1984)