Ratings for Dr. Richard Demir

I never leave reviews but this time I felt the need to. I drove from Glendale to chandler to see a pelvic pain specialist and it was the biggest waste of time and money. From start to finish my first office visit was the worst interaction I have ever had with a health professional (and I am a physician assistant). I would never treat my patients the way he treated me. First off, the new patient paper work includes a pain management contract. I was being seen to discover a diagnosis for my pelvic pain NOT to receive pain medication. Then I was given a drug test before even seeing the doctor. When he came in the room things only got worse. He would not discuss differential diagnosis with me nor even listen when I described my symptoms. He Wanted to do an Mri and ct (very expensive tests to rule out lumbar and urinary pathology with no lumbar or urinary symptoms). He then told me the only thing he could do was a diagnostic laparoscopy. When asked if my symptoms fit endometriosis (which is what the surgery would be to diagnosis) he said "this is what I do with all my patients". To top it all off at the end of my visit he asked if I wanted narcotic pain meds...... FOR PAIN THAT WAS STILL NO CLOSER TO a DIAGNOSIS. I tried to engage in a discussion about birthcontrol and was shut down yet again.... He treated me like a child. I will NEVER RETURN. My best advice to other patients is to not waste their time! Find someone who cares and has even a resemblance of bedside manners.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. Demir may have a different personality but that's because he has a extremely smart. Smarter than the average person. He is the best surgeon there is when it comes to female surgery, not only did I work with him side by side for 17 years but he has also done surgery on me. When you need surgery its not a personality your looking for its the best surgeon your looking for. I you want personality go to your local bar. I will put my life on it Dr. demir is the best and I speak from professionally and personally.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

His bedside manner is absolutely horrible. If I didn't have to have surgery from the emergency room I would have NEVER picked him to be my doctor. If you have questions after surgery his answer will be "well you just had surgery!" So don't even bother asking. He may be smart but he is far from friendly! He made my cry at my last appointment and I told him that he wasn't very nice. As I walked out after he handed me my prescription slip, he said "have a nice life!" Very professional Dr. Demir!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I have been as far as San Diego to treat my pelvic pain. I have seen lots of doctors with lots of initials behind their names but I am the most impressed with Dr. Demir and Desert Women's Care. My pain has now been diagnosed and I am in treatment. Five stars for this pelvic pain program.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very knowledgeable Physcian , thank you for taking the time to talk to me about my surgery. I felt so comfortable in going into my surgery. I didn't have to wait long at all. He answered all my questions with detail. I heard from surgery personnel that he was a great surgeon too. I trust other surgical staff and anesthesia for they see a lot of different peoples abilities. You are in great hands with Dr. Demir.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Staff - unorganized,Billing?- $79.00 bill just sent to collections. Never billed me direct. Dr. - he might be a great surgeon but his people skills suck!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I was uncomfortable from the moment i walked in. The biller was also the MA , and the RN I guess! she told me all labs covered by insurance and now I have a huge bill. The Doctor was arrogant! I asked for the the labs to be sent over to a GI office 2 months before a appt never happened! worst experience. Now I have to spend more time fighting bill and going back to other doctors

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Demir from the late 1980's until he left the Chicagoland area about 15 years ago. He was a good Dr. at first but towards the end he moved his office three times and didn't send patients notifications, he argued about the cause of my symptoms with his midwife right outside the exam room, and didn't catch my POF. He sold his practice not long after and didn't notify any patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Saw Dr Demir for 4 months, had my laproscopy canceled and rescheduled 3 times and ended up with $5000 in lab bills because his MA didn't tell me they switched to a lab that wasn't covered by my insurance. Worst experience with a Dr's office ever. Went to a new dr and was diagnosed with endo and began treatment within 30 days.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I went to Dr Demir for a cerclage - LTAC last year. I just had my Baby at 35 weeks. Thank you Dr Demir. I had three losses before you. God bless you.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Richard Demir's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1984)