Ratings for Dr. Richard Demir

He is a rude inconsiderate butt hole who' is only worried about his jacket and not his patient. He needs to be audited.... That's it that's all very unpleased with this doctor and his attitude and language. He seems to put down his patients if they don't agree with him or his politics then he makes you feel like your an addict because you tell him your pain and he feels you just want pills when before coming to him you had no knowledge of his pain treatment. seems like anyone who walks into his office has endometriosis. He walks around using profanity etc please don't waste your time money or insurance on this Man because he really does not care.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Just went in with my sister in law - He lectured her for most of the appointment about healthcare system and how F**kd up ( his words ) and how people shouldn't go to the ER . He wanted $250 she could only pay $100 and he didn't even exam her or run any tests . And gave her a scrip for pain without no information giving .She gave a urine sample and was told they were testing for diseases But he drugged test her without her knowledge but we realized because they test right out in the open for all to see.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

After seeing 2 other doctor's and getting 2 polar opposite options for a hysterectomy, which was already prescribed by my primary GYN, I wanted a 3rd opinion. A little hesitant to see Dr. Demir after reading the reviews, but I am SO glad I gave him a chance! For the first time in this process, I left the doctor's office feeling confident. He is definitely not your traditional doctor in his bedside manor, but I'm not looking for someone to go have drinks with, so couldn't care less about personality. I want to feel confident and assured that my hysterectomy is being done by the most capable, skilled, and experienced doctor. I was also a little confused with the pain management form, but upon reading it, my take away from it was positive, as it is to help restrict patients from getting narcotic pain prescriptions from multiple doctors. All of the text is about committing to using pain meds responsibly, keeping them in a secure location, etc. He didn't offer me any pain meds during my appointment, but will surely need them after surgery. I'm looking forward to my surgery, as its been a long time coming.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

This Dr is not a specialist. He is a scam artist. Beware!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I never leave reviews but this time I felt the need to. I drove from Glendale to chandler to see a pelvic pain specialist and it was the biggest waste of time and money. From start to finish my first office visit was the worst interaction I have ever had with a health professional (and I am a physician assistant). I would never treat my patients the way he treated me. First off, the new patient paper work includes a pain management contract. I was being seen to discover a diagnosis for my pelvic pain NOT to receive pain medication. Then I was given a drug test before even seeing the doctor. When he came in the room things only got worse. He would not discuss differential diagnosis with me nor even listen when I described my symptoms. He Wanted to do an Mri and ct (very expensive tests to rule out lumbar and urinary pathology with no lumbar or urinary symptoms). He then told me the only thing he could do was a diagnostic laparoscopy. When asked if my symptoms fit endometriosis (which is what the surgery would be to diagnosis) he said "this is what I do with all my patients". To top it all off at the end of my visit he asked if I wanted narcotic pain meds...... FOR PAIN THAT WAS STILL NO CLOSER TO a DIAGNOSIS. I tried to engage in a discussion about birthcontrol and was shut down yet again.... He treated me like a child. I will NEVER RETURN. My best advice to other patients is to not waste their time! Find someone who cares and has even a resemblance of bedside manners.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. Demir may have a different personality but that's because he has a extremely smart. Smarter than the average person. He is the best surgeon there is when it comes to female surgery, not only did I work with him side by side for 17 years but he has also done surgery on me. When you need surgery its not a personality your looking for its the best surgeon your looking for. I you want personality go to your local bar. I will put my life on it Dr. demir is the best and I speak from professionally and personally.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

His bedside manner is absolutely horrible. If I didn't have to have surgery from the emergency room I would have NEVER picked him to be my doctor. If you have questions after surgery his answer will be "well you just had surgery!" So don't even bother asking. He may be smart but he is far from friendly! He made my cry at my last appointment and I told him that he wasn't very nice. As I walked out after he handed me my prescription slip, he said "have a nice life!" Very professional Dr. Demir!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I have been as far as San Diego to treat my pelvic pain. I have seen lots of doctors with lots of initials behind their names but I am the most impressed with Dr. Demir and Desert Women's Care. My pain has now been diagnosed and I am in treatment. Five stars for this pelvic pain program.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very knowledgeable Physcian , thank you for taking the time to talk to me about my surgery. I felt so comfortable in going into my surgery. I didn't have to wait long at all. He answered all my questions with detail. I heard from surgery personnel that he was a great surgeon too. I trust other surgical staff and anesthesia for they see a lot of different peoples abilities. You are in great hands with Dr. Demir.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Staff - unorganized,Billing?- $79.00 bill just sent to collections. Never billed me direct. Dr. - he might be a great surgeon but his people skills suck!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Richard Demir's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1984)