Ratings for Dr. Ronald N. Oglesby

They ALWAYS run late. They simply cannot run an efficient office. No apology.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Well, I really regret having to write this, but here goes! I have been going to Dr Oglesby since the Utica Park Clinic @ Hillside drive opened. Formally a patient of Warren Clinic, but because of the new close location, I decided to give him a try. Absolutely loved the staff, the doctor, and of course the location. At that time, I was a healthy 40 year old...actually went there to get help to stop smoking, (which we were very successful at)! Ok, so things are actually pretty good with this doctor, but as normal as the years grow,, so does business. We start having harder times scheduling appointments, still ok..if the dr is good this is worth it. A few times wait times become very long...things are starting to heat up, even talk to Doc Oglesby about it, he kind of laughs it off. Fast forward 10 years..now entering my 50's. I scheduled a normal checkup visit, to review meds and get physical, well..he decides to reprimand me about medicine that he had prescribed, in the first place. I listened to him, but agreed with everything he was saying (but was very uncomfortable by the way he was talking to me, but held my composure ) This went on for a good 30 mins. Ok, so now that is over, I get my paperwork and leave, he said he wanted to see me back in about 3 months. I have not felt good for the last 2 years, I can feel my health declining, but he doesn't seem concerned about anything. So, I decided to get my lab work drawn, and I went to a clinic to do it. The doctor at the care clinic seems to have some questions about a couple of things on my results, but I wanted to discuss them with Dr Oglesby before we took action. So, I called to make an appointment for lab test results, and I had hurt my back too, and was having a lot of pain on left side. I called on Monday, May 8 to get a appointment. They said he didn't have anything this week, and was going on vacation and wouldn't be back in the office until after memorial day, but could try to work me in at 3:45 pm on Thursday. So I was there at 3:30. Got called back at 4:30 and finally Dr. Oglesby came in at 4:55pm. We said hi and chit chat, gave him my blood results, and he said everything looks fine, looks like a perfect bill of health and I should be thankful. I said "I am very thankful, but the other doctor didn't like how low my thyroid levels are, and my symptoms were very much like a underactive thyroid. He started lecturing me on stats and numbers (like I was a med student) about how we all feel bad when we age and have no energy, and he feels the same way, but he has to come to work anyway!! We had another 30 min plus of this type of talk and not really anything about me or my symptons, and I couldnt help it, I just started crying, but still somewhat composed and listening to his speech...when he finished telling me all my test were fine and basically it was just anxiety and he wanted to up my meds, then I asked him about my back pain, and he said "do you know that I have other patients waiting, and you have taken up too much of my schedule, you will need to come back in two weeks (after my vacation) and we can talk about your back pain!! I was appalled at what he said, and I asked him again ~ you mean you are not going to address my back issue? He said, not today, and I said I guess I am out of luck, and he said...yep guess you are. Would you like me to send your prescription to your pharmacy, I said "no thank you"!! he just wanted to shove more anxiety med down me to shut me up, is what I felt like..Told him I would be finding another doctor!! I came home and my kids noticed I had been crying, and they ran and told dad, and my husband was so upset that he treated me like that, and I had to pay that man money...good thing the office was closed, or he would have gotten a good chewing and possibly a few knots so he can remember that he got to where he is because of his sick old patients!!! Shame, I love the office staff there, especially Tami! ~ she is the most delightful lady!! Hope all of his future patients have a lifelong good experience with this Doctor and not just when he feels like it!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

My whole family uses Dr. Oglesby as our Dr. He has always been great and always has an idea of what's going on, no matter the strange symptoms. Great guy and very trustworthy!

Submitted October 6, 2016

We have seen Dr. Oglesby since he was at Springer Clinic. He has always listened, advised and counseled in a very professional manner. At Utica Park Clinic he is always willing to try to fit us in when something comes up. He starts work at 8:30 and works 3 nights a week until 7:00 so we don't have to take off of work early to see him. I have recommended him to everyone I hear is looking for a doctor. I didn't care for the Nurse Practitioner Cindy that was there briefly but now she is gone. I never do these ratings but I felt like the previous reviews where from a very few compared to the tens of thousands he has seen, so don't let the few dissuade you from seeing a very competent doctor.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I went in expecting to have a great experience like I did with Utica Park former P.A. Mike. By no means was Ogelsby remotely close to having the besides manners or communication skills as Mike. Ogelsby called me stupid multiple times and after I told him it was offensive he said it again. I suffer from PTSD and he asked nothing about it. Just wanted to know put me down for supplements I already was regretting taking to try and put on some muscle. I came to him for help but left feeling as if it was a waste of time and money along with the feeling he had his mind made up before ever entering the room.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I wish I had taken time to read the reviews before seeing this individual. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. He does not listen to patient concerns and has a difficult time communicating. He also does not listen unfortunately. And cares little or at least as little to no bedside manner. I would see him if you have nothing more than a common cold and cannot get into see a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I have seen this Dr several times for minor things and each time he seemed caring, smart, and non-judgemental. Then my husband landed in the ER after having shortness of breath and chest pains. We followed up with Dr. Oglesby a couple days later and he was very condescending refused to order any tests that might rule out a heart attack. He told us that a stress test is not that accurate and the only way to rule out a heart attack was to do an angiogram where they "remove your heart". He prescribed my husband some Ativan for what Dr. Oglesby believes are panic attacks (no prior history of these BTW). When my husband began to run out of medicine (because he still has tightness and shortness of breath every single day) we went back to Oglesby. AGAIN he was condescending and rude and ended up refilling the prescription of Ativan. We want answers not just a prescription to mask the real problem. He doesn't listen and forms an opinion despite anything you say.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Have had this doc for awhile but am now looking for another. If you catch him on a bad day, he won't listen to anything you are saying and only goes with a opinion he's already formed no matter what. Not consistent from one appointment to another. Had to "prove" he wrote a prescription (it wasn't in his computer) and had to resort to showing him the prescription bottle to convince him he had written the medicine! More than half the time, he doesn't listen. I do like his nurse, however. She is wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

I did not know he was still in the area but not only did I work for him part time but he was my doctor and when he could not get an answer he sent me to the right place he has always be very caring and helpful in many was he also can do adjustment on your back and neck

flag | Submitted December 8, 2007

Dr. Oglesby was our family's doctor for several years. We don't use him now because of he had moved out of the area and then came back, and we had already found another dr. we liked. We would highly recommend him, though. He never seemed to be in a hurry, and we also liked his assistant or nurse, Shonna.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2007

Dr. Ronald N. Oglesby's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1984)

Amerigroup