Ratings for Dr. Thomas Russ

I will leave more info later,but in the meantime,GET ANOTHER CARDIOLOGIST or don't go to him to begin with..the biggest A hole in the medical profession

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Honestly the worst doctor ever. No respect for patient. Very arrogant. Super Rude. This cardiologist has his own problems with his own medical assistance. He passed his problems to the patient for NO reason, at all. This cardiologist office undoubtedly has its own problem between staff and the cardiologist himself. He is not satisfied with his own medical assistance. Expressed his dissatisfaction right in front of patient. Very disrespectful. Stay away from his own problems. Never go back!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Was very helpful in evaluating my teenage daughter's tachycardia. He took the time to teach her during their visit so she had a clear idea about why it could be happening, and his suggestion of cause was correct. We appreciated his concern, knowledge and help!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

We are very satisfied with this doctor, he saved my dad's life. He is a realist and does not sugar coat the prognosis.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

My 90 year old grandfather has a very bad heart and some of my family members had questions on whether or not anything more could be done for him. The Doctor was very good about explaining what was going on with his heart and answering questions about the different effects of his medicines and how other medicines may interact. I disagree with the posts that he is not compassionate. I believe he is; however, he is more of a realist. Sometimes surgery is not the answer, and people live a better quality of life by doing nothing. It is just hard for some people to accept. Shasta County is very lucky to have this Doctor, and I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Very knowledgable, yet he is arrogant and a bearer of dispair and statistics rather than hope and proper bedside manner. Needs training on how to work with patients versus just how to understand hearts. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Russ, and those in the hospital seemed to make it known that my feelings were not unjustified or alone. A disgrace to the medical community.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

I would not recommend this guy to anyone....don't waste your time. He was extremely rude to my mother and I and told me to just take Mom home and let her die. We waited for an hour and a half in his office before we were called back to the room. He came in and was very abrasive from the start. Rude, rude, rude. We as patients deserve much better than this. Don't go to him!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Very poor bedside manner he truly seemed as though he didn't care as he matter- a- factly informed me that my loved one could likly die.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I saw Dr. Russ in the ER, he came right in, and explained things to me in a way for me to undertand, and very nice to my wife who was upset.. Thank you Dr. Russ

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I have no problems with this doctor. I had heart problems and he helped me get thru this time when i needed his help

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr. Thomas Russ's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1975)

Horizon Bcbs