Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Unger

Had no problems appt on time everytime that I have been never had to wait

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

The worst Dr and horrible staff! I definitely would not recommend his office!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Every time, I wait at least an hour to see the dr. Staff is not very helpful or friendly. Dr. Unger seems to be good technically.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have no idea what these other people are talking about!!! I went to a few neurologists being misdiagnosed all the way! FINALLY I found Dr. Unger!!! I actually had a big problem that he diagnosed and treats! I have referred so many people to him and they are all so thankful!!! I think the people that are making bad reviews are either crazy or owe money because they didn't see the same doctor I saw and all of my friends and family saw!!! If you have a problem he takes all the time you need and doesn't throw you out when he gets behind! He actually listens! That is how he found out what my problem was! I am not crazy like the others wanted to say!!! HE IS THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

In the beginning his staff was great. Then new staff came in. I don't care for Dr Unger. He misdiagnosed me and mistreated me. I will suffer from his mistakes. I didn't know the extent of the damage at the time from his treatment so I missed my opportunity to sue him. I saw a competent doctor who after examination and many questions diagnosed me correctly. I didn't get treatment in time to avoid permanent damage.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Initial good review. THEN, he kept making mistakes. For several appts, the staff didn't update my meds, even the ones HE had gave me...This led to him telling me to take a drug that he had previously prescribed to me and had a SEVERE allergic reaction to (see review on 4/11)-SCARY. One appt, he suggested that I see a pain mngmnt dr...when I got to the check-out desk, I asked about it and the receptionist didn't see it noted...so she called his office (down the hall) and I could HEAR his response to her that he didn't know what I was talking about. Seriously? I had just walked out of the exam room. Maybe it was because he was yawning during my whole appt. We talked about botox 4 my migraines at one appt and I thought it was a good option; at the next appt, he looked at his notes, re-suggested it and then commented that he now remembered that i didn't want to try it. Umm-wrong. DON'T trust a dr who doesn't keep accurate records. He may be smart, but he obviously can't remember it all.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Unger is a good Doctor with the exception of all the outragious costs that occur at his office(he charges $50 to sign any forms, and to read all MRIs or any other tests plus so many other hidden fees). The office staff is constantly rude, unhelpful, and everyone is full of arrogance! The office manager is VERY unprofessional, speaks as if she is above everyone and the patients are a waste of time. On numerous occasions while waiting for my appt. for an average of 2-3 hours, I have witnessed the office manager cussing and yelling at staff members, and on the phone. I understand why the staff changes every 2-3 months, which might be another reason every time I need a refill on my prescriptions the pharmacey recieves the wrong dosage etc. This practice would be the death of me if I allowed it, I had to change my neurologists. I do not understand how Dr. Unger has any patients with that staff, especially the office manager.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Some of these reviews absolutely baffle me. His staff members have always been friendly and responsive to me. Waits can be a bit long, but once it's your turn, Dr Unger gives you his full attention and is very thorough. He has great extended office hours and I love the fact that he told me about herbal treatments as well as prescriptions ones. One time, he forgot to tell me at my appointment that my new prescription might affect my birth control (even though the pharmacist had told me), and so when he remembered that same night, he took the time to call me at 8:30pm to tell me. Another time, I started to have a severe allergic reaction to a new medicine (on a weekend)-- HE took my call, called in meds to help me and then called later that day to check up on me. So far, a great doctor-- I will definately continue to see him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

The doctor's credentials are good but his staff sucks. The least friendly office I've been in. I was referred by my physician and when I walked into their waiting room, I noticed lots of "notices" plastered on their walls. About everything was if you do this, you get charged. Somehow, my MRI had not been sent to him but rather than verifying it and making sure he had what he needed, he kept the appointment. I went to the MRI place and dropped off the disc the next day and had an EEG done. Never heard any status from either my doctor or Dr Unger. I called and the front office said if they have something to tell you, they will contact you. I called back and talked to someone else and decided my money was better spent somewhere else. This Dr does not trust other doctors to read an MRI slide and you agree to pay him $50 for every slide he "reads".. I called them back and said cancel my appointment due to their arrogance. Saw the first bill and was amazed.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Kathy of his staff is quite arrogant. She says she doesn't know what insurances in which they participate.. yet, I did 10 doctors' receptionist and billings in 20 minutes and they did know. She was obviously lying and wanting to not cooperate with me personally, for whatever the reason.. Another time? Some of his staff, the blonde one, I stood 7 MINUTES in front of her at the window and she didn't even look up from PAPERWORK to even acknowledge that I EXISTED. When I mentioned that, she got "HUFFY". Also, that day, my appt. was at 3PM and by 5:15PM, I was still there and about to be late for a business appt. So I told them I had to leave and that's the last time I will ever go to Dr. Unger. Maybe an average, ordinary neurologist with good staff is better. He uses a provider that's trained but not a medical person to do his tests. Two of mine were messed up. Another neurologist put me on COQ10 and it's worked well for femoral neuropathy.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Richard M. Unger's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal