Ratings for Dr. Mark L. Tong

Mark Tong MD dumped me as a result of me following up with my heart specialist rather than him regarding a dosage reduction of a drug I have taken for almost 30 years as I told him I would. I change nothing about my heart care without my specialists agreement. A doctor that will not cooperate with my specialists is totally unacceptable!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Tong is definitely the best Physician I have ever dealt with. Besides being knowledgeable and professional, he will take whatever time necessary to listen to your issue, and most importantly explain his diagnoses. His staff is second to none as well. In fact, his wife "Sun" is part of the staff making this a very much down to earth office staff. He's been our Physician for at least 15 + years. I hope to never have to select another Primary Care Physician again.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Tong is one of the best doctors I've ever run across. He is intelligent, compassionate and takes the time to really listen. His office staff is phenomenal also. I highly recommend these people- I have never had better care.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I have had this doc for a primary since 2006. He listens to what I have to say about why I came in, and while he will give advice as to recommendations for treating my illness/injury, he works with me to determine what would help me as an individual. He always has time for my questions, listens attentively, makes sure I am satisfied with my visit, and always remembers me and what we have discussed in the past. While the wait time is long, it is due to his determination to make sure that all his patients get their chance to accurately describe the purpose of their visit.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Really listens to you and investigates all avenues.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

He is so thorough with examinations, answering every question etc.,that he'd make an excellant Medical Teaching Professor. As others also say, "he's the best!" I feel very fortunate to have him as a Family Doctor. His staff is also excellant.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr. Mark Tong is the best. I've had countless doctors and am very "doctor wary." Dr. Tong is the best. There's usually a wait for him but I don't mind. It's because he's beyond thorough, and because he cares, that he spends extra time with everyone. He is relentless in his research and explanations, and leaves no pebble unturned in his efforts to help his patients.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Office staff are all very nice and friendly. Dr Tong is very thorough and takes the time to answer questions. He shows a genuine interest in his patients and follows up on things. I have finally found a primary Dr I plan on staying with.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Mark L. Tong's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Placerville, CA