Ratings for Dr. J. Dean Cole

Great surgeon, not a doctor. Motivated by money. Florida Hospital, shame on you.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Stay away. He had a good reputation years ago, but much of that was as the result of work done by his associates. He once did good work, but now he is tired and only interested in money. When our insurance did not pay as quickly as he wanted, he threatened to sue. The operation was a success, but the experience was horrid. It's a shame, as he was once a good doc.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Stay AWAY. I question this man's ethics! Something is not quite right with him. I have seen him lie and there is a reason he goes through so many staff members.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Cole is awesome !!! A straight shooter about the possible outcome and success of your surgery and what he expects from you for the best outcome. I was sent by my own orthopedic surgeon to see Dr. Cole. His surgical skills were superior and I can't wait to have him replace my other knee. The office staff I had contact with were nice, the receptionist seemed a little overwhelmed. As a professional patient, I can tell you his wait time was short to average than the typical orthopedists. Highly recommend !!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Excellent Surgeon and staff. If ever I need another orthopedic surgery, I'll be back.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

ABSOLUTELY awful. If you hurt yourself never ever go here. EVER. First off, I was made to wait 2 and a half weeks just to be seen for a pretty bad ankle injury. I scheduled my appointment for 1 PM. When i Arrived at 12:39 I was told that I missed my appointment and it was scheduled for 9:15. Needless to say I was tight. I told the lady I scheduled it for 1. She then proceeded to be an inconsiderate jerk ( trying to be clean here) and then told me that the soonest I could be seen is 2 weeks on top of the two and a half i waited already. Your staff most definitely gets a 1. and That is only because I cant give a zero. Apparently its extremely hard for the receptionist at this office to click a button beside a 1PM. Also she was unprofessional and inconsiderate. So if the rest of the staff are people that know how to act blame your receptionist for the one star. Punctuality gets one star as well because I never was even able to get in the back to begin with. Helpfulness absolutely gets one star because here I am 2 weeks later and havent been remotely helped. Knowledge. Definitely 1 star. And yet again is because clearly the receptionist has no common sense. All in All. this place will play games and waste your time. dont go here. save yourself the trouble and find somewhere else where the doctor is in his own office more than once a week. If you see this Dr Dean Cole. FIRE your receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

okay. let me start by saying this guys trash!!!! youll be waiting 2 weeks minimum. why? because this guys only in his office, wait for it, ONE DAY A WEEK!! And guess what happened when i got there. "oh you missed your appt it was for 9:15" . When i know dang well I scheduled for 1 PM. this is 2 and a half weeks after my injury By the way. Since I "missed" it the soonest they can get me in is thursday 2 weeks???? Seriously? The receptionist is an absolutely oblivious inconsiderate pr*ck. The staff gets one star because they dont even know how to schedule their appointments. The knowledge gets one star because clearly they have none seeing as how (again) they dont know how to vlivk a box with a mouse!!! helpfulness ONE SSTAR because now they've wasted 2 weeks i couldve been getting seen. I cant say much for punctuality because i never saw the doctor. All in all. you should never go here. AVOID this orthopedist at all costs. Hes apparently too busy playing golf to see patients. They are lucky giving 0 stars isnt an option. Because this is beyond ridiculous.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Wasted 3 weeks trying to get an appointment and finally I get one and they don't take my insurance. In my first phone call I told them what insurance I had and the girl said ,oh I thought you had the gold plan. Cole doesn't that your insurance. Real professional I think not!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

As an existing patient, I became injured and was asked to wait over a month for treatment. Tried to schedule surgery and he wouldn't. Then a week later has his staff call and cancel my appt with him because THEY said I filed a complaint with the hospital, which I didn't, but Inreally should have by the way I was treated. I have never seen a doctor treat a injured existing patient so poorly and carelessly as he and his staff did. His staff never followed thru on their word to call me. He never followed thru on a trial he wanted me to be a part of. He is unethical, unprofessional and an egomaniac. Caring for his patients is not what he cares about, he cares only about the next buck in his pocket and his staff and everyone else is afraid to do the right thing when they KNOW he is treating his patients unfairly and poorly. He should not be allowed to practice medicine under these conditions and is a danger to anyone who uses him because he only cares about himself!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

The doctor is great. I will wsit hours to see Dr cole any day. But is staff is another story. It's like they are robots or something. I work i. The medical field and when a patient is having a problem, we check with the doctor. Well the staff here,takes it in their own hands. Shore enough I had a problem. Thank God I know what to do untill I could get in too see Dr Cole. As for Dr Cole and his Pa's they are great.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. J. Dean Cole's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)