Ratings for Dr. J. Dean Cole

Thanks to Dr. J. Dean Cole skill set and dedication, I have a quality of Life. He replaced my joints from my shoulders to my knees. No more RA pain in those joints. Oscar Perez Deltona, Fl. He is the ruler to which surgeons should be measured. Thank you Dr. Cole, I appreciate It.👍

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

My issue is with his staff, not the doctors. I did not find out I was out of network until six weeks after my surgery. His office staff, mainly accounting, is rude and uncooperative. I was out of network and they tried as hard as they could not to work with my insurance company. They tried to make it difficult for me and made me jump through all these hoops to give them insurance information they already knew the answer to, trying to discourage me. That office cares about the bottom dollar, not the patient. They can't give you a definitive answer on how much an office visit or procedure costs. They even told me the doctors have no clue how much we are charged for items as they (the staff) make up the prices!!!! I needed to have my hardware removed after healing and my out of network insurance company agreed to pay 100% as I had made my deductibles for the year. All their office had to do was sign a " patient advocacy letter" and the office would get paid. They refused as it was out of network and " they don't do that." I'm going to another first rate ortho Doctor who takes my insurance to get the hardware out. If you ever find yourself at any FL Hospital ER with a broken bone and need emergency surgery, find out first if First Response takes your insurance. If not, get the hell out of there. Otherwise it can cost you thousands out of your own pocket because of the cold hearted office staff at First Response. The doctors may be good, but their staff needs to be fired and replaced with people who care about the patients and are willing to work with them.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Full knee replacement. Brilliant Dr and communicator. Terrific result. True about long wait time but in his case it is worth it.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Dr. Cole is a great surgeon. I had two knee replacements and I feel much better.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

He performed two surgeries on my left foot he did an ankle replacement and installed multiple pieces of hardware. He has ruined my life forever, I can no longer walk,my foot swells when I sit without elevating my foot. When I first met this man I was so happy that I found a doctor that could fix my badly promoting foot. After two surgeries and over seven months in a rehab centre, I wish I had never met this man. When I went to him months later and complained about my foot swelling and constant pain he told me I was just a bad penny and he couldn't get thru to me. The best thing he could have done for me would have been for him to tell me he couldn't help me.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Cole is a brilliant man. My husband broke both of his legs. We went to three different hospital because no other doctor would even attempt to fix him. One even told us he would lose one leg below the knee. It's been a long road, but Dr . Cole and his PAs have him on his feet, walking and working. We have always had excellent care from his office and his staff. If I even break a toe, I will go to him for help.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Office wait time is ridiculous why have an appointment if you still have to wait over an hour to be seen.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

After reading a couple of reviews, I was concerned about the wait times and whether the doctor would talk to me in lay terms. Since I travel 60 minutes for the appointments, I always expect to be there for 2-3 hours. Thankfully, the appointments have averaged only 2 hours. The staff is very pleasant and helpful and Dr. Cole spends as much time with me as I need to fully understand his diagnosis and the treatment plan. I have had 2 surgeries so far and have another planned for this summer. Dr. Cole is a very kind and caring person who is interested in helping others improve their lives. I am very pleased that Dr. Cole has been able to improve my lifestyle with his brilliance and surgical skill. I would recommend this doctor for anyone that needs specialized orthopedic trauma care.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. J. Dean Cole's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)