You may also like

Ratings for Dr. J. Dean Cole

Office staff is from purgatory. Three business days before my surgery, they want twelve hundred dollars up front. i am completely covered by health insurance and should pay nothing. deductible met, no copay, no coinsurance. My health insurance called the surgical coordinator Linnette Trejada twice over the phone and verified my coverage. Linnette and Office Manager Tracey will not accept this unless coverage verified on paper is faxed to them. so no knee surgery for me.

Submitted April 20, 2016

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

He performed two surgeries on my left foot he did an ankle replacement and installed multiple pieces of hardware. He has ruined my life forever, I can no longer walk,my foot swells when I sit without elevating my foot. When I first met this man I was so happy that I found a doctor that could fix my badly promoting foot. After two surgeries and over seven months in a rehab centre, I wish I had never met this man. When I went to him months later and complained about my foot swelling and constant pain he told me I was just a bad penny and he couldn't get thru to me. The best thing he could have done for me would have been for him to tell me he couldn't help me.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Cole is a brilliant man. My husband broke both of his legs. We went to three different hospital because no other doctor would even attempt to fix him. One even told us he would lose one leg below the knee. It's been a long road, but Dr . Cole and his PAs have him on his feet, walking and working. We have always had excellent care from his office and his staff. If I even break a toe, I will go to him for help.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

After reading a couple of reviews, I was concerned about the wait times and whether the doctor would talk to me in lay terms. Since I travel 60 minutes for the appointments, I always expect to be there for 2-3 hours. Thankfully, the appointments have averaged only 2 hours. The staff is very pleasant and helpful and Dr. Cole spends as much time with me as I need to fully understand his diagnosis and the treatment plan. I have had 2 surgeries so far and have another planned for this summer. Dr. Cole is a very kind and caring person who is interested in helping others improve their lives. I am very pleased that Dr. Cole has been able to improve my lifestyle with his brilliance and surgical skill. I would recommend this doctor for anyone that needs specialized orthopedic trauma care.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I saw the PA from Dr. Cole's office at Florida Hospital South, and was diagnosed with a torn ACL and possible torn PCL and was sent home in a knee immobilizer. I was in a lot of pain and was having difficulty getting an MRI scheduled through my insurance and was in intolerable pain. I return to the ER on Saturday and saw another of one of Cole's PAs and received some of the worst treatment I have ever received from any doctor. I was treated as a waste of their time and told that having a blown knee was no big deal and could be repaired whenever and just deal with it. The following Monday, we called the office when they opened and explained the situation, the staff was extremely rude and was unwilling to obtain the hospital records from their own group at Fl hospital. Furthermore, I was told it would take a couple of weeks to get an appointment for an MRI. I called Dr. Reuss' group at Orlando Ortho and received prompt and courteous care. Don't waste your time with poor service.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. J. Dean Cole's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Office staff is from purgatory. Three business days before my surgery, they want twelve hundred dollars up front. i am completely covered by health insurance ..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Full knee replacement. Brilliant Dr and communicator. Terrific result. True about long wait time but in his case it is worth it."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cole is a great surgeon. I had two knee replacements and I feel much better. "

March 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He performed two surgeries on my left foot he did an ankle replacement and installed multiple pieces of hardware. He has ruined my life forever, I can no longer..."

February 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cole is a brilliant man. My husband broke both of his legs. We went to three different hospital because no other doctor would even attempt to fix him. O..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Office wait time is ridiculous why have an appointment if you still have to wait over an hour to be seen."

April 15, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=136331'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.6

March 20, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=136331'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.7

February 5, 2014