Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey S. Simmons

This man is a pompous jerk who does not care about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Saw this man in August for a chest thing I get almost every time I fly. I didn't want narcotic cough syrup but a rather benign pill that helps me with this. He diagnosed me as a smoker, I do not smoke any substance and I am penalized by my company in cost of premiums if I am a smoker and the amount of extra life insurance I can purchase. He was also very upset that I had not yet been assigned a doctor by his practice as my had left the area. I had no control over this. This doctor has serious attitude issues and can apparently be very punitive if he is annoyed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

This one's a real sicko. I am confirming the below comment, he dictates false information into medical records and misconstrues what the patients say, or leaves given information out of the report entirely, which is damaging to ones medical case. Especially if you have documented "mental health issues" which this guy obviously thinks is a free ticket to make you look like a fool to the healthcare community.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

This guy should retire. He doesn't listen, he seemed confused, and he didn't wash his hands.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I've seen Dr. Simmons for 5 years and the front desk has always been kind and helpful. Scheduling appointments is easy and if I need to get in quickly it's never been a problem and when I arrive for my appointment I don't think I've waited longer then 10 minutes to go back. I've had difficult circumstances that have come up and he and his staff (one person in particular) have gone above and beyond to help me and he's always been kind and non-judgemental.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

I am amazed that this person calls himself a doctor. He thinks he is above the patient, very nasty personality and only saw him because my regular doctor is out on medical leave. SHE is the best.....

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

great doctor, well respected, commonly used by MDs and their families. Has many years of experience, continues to keep hospital privileges, commonly scores very high. Has been among Eugene's top 100 several times

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

He doesn't listen to his patients. He dictates false information into med. records. Most likely becuase he wasn't listening. He was treating my whole family but they have since switched Drs.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

He has been my PCP for 15 years. He is always respectful and concerned about my general health. He may be a bit too quick to order a battery of tests but that may be imposed on him by the group he belongs to.He does not prescribe medications without careful consideration of alternatives for the patient. The trick for good care from him is to go in with a list of questions. He always takes the time to answer them and give advice. He may be a bit too quick to refer the patient to a specialist but that is the way medicine is practiced these days(CYA). PeaceHealth does not allow him to practice in their hospital or make rounds. They employ what are termed "hospitalmen" (doctors who work full time for the hospital and may have never seen the patient before).

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Our family has gone to Dr. Simmons for years and he is always helpful and caring. I don't like some of the practices of Peace Health who is his employer, and they often isolate the chance to get to him, but I know of no other doctor that tries harder. He is a special person. But no doctor can satisfy all patients as some don't want to hear the truth.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Geoffrey S. Simmons's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med