Ratings for Dr. Charlene Kannankeril

I can't express how grateful I am to Dr. Kannankeril. Working with her has made a world of difference in me getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. I'm so thankful that she looked deeper into my hormones and put me on the treatment that she did. I completely trust her and the pharmacy and am just so happy that I went this route versus going through a fertility clinic. Again, I can't thank her enough and can't wait to bring my baby in to see her!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Kannankeril and the staff. I did not feel like a number walking out the door and even though I arrived late for my appointment, I still received top quality care. Dr. Kannankeril was knowledgeable, very experienced and instantly put me at ease. She has ordered a very thorough workup which is more than the past 3 doctors I've seen have done. Very excited to be continuing care with her!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Kannankeril has been my doctor for over three years and has seen me through difficulties getting pregnant with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. She believed that I could get my health back on track and didn't let me give up when I got frustrated. Thanks to her testing, careful attention, and treatment, I have lost weight, am healthier than I've ever been (even getting to a lower dose on my thyroid medication) and have a beautiful baby girl. I write this as I prepare to move out of the area for my husband's work and the most difficult part of the move is not being able to see her regularly as my doctor. She has a special place in my heart and I give her my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr K is an amazing doctor! I have been taking my 4yo son to her for about a year now and have seen drastic improvement in his overall life. She is a godsend for my family. After taking my son to different doctors we were never able to find any problems or how to cure them. Within the first visit she ordered tests and immediately found and diagnosed the problems he was having. She is very attentive and caring and truly develops a unique treatment plan to help your situation. I would highly recommend this doctor and truly believe in naturopathic healing. She is the best!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Kannankeril is wonderful. She is attentive, responsive and best of all - she LISTENS! Imagine that? A doctor who listens! She has been helping my manage my hashimotos and found other hormone imbalances I was suffering from when other doctors did not bother to check. If I am concerned about something, she will discuss it and recommend possible solutions. She is not dismissive or judgmental. I am pretty knowledgeable about my conditions (I am the one living with it so why shouldn't I be) and she is OK with that and listens. Other doctors have gotten angry because they think I am telling them their job. She spends a good amount time with her patients. I never have to wait more than 5 minutes to see her. The staff is respectful and attentive. The only downside? She doesn't take insurance. But they copy my card and fill out my form so all I have to do it mail it to BC/BS.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Dr. Kannankeril truly is the best doctor I've ever seen. She cares and takes time to listen, but the best part is that she made connections with different symptoms I had. Before I had to go to an endocrinologist, a gastroenterologist, and my GP. Dr. K covers all those areas and her treatment has cleared nearly all my symptoms. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

Hands down the best doctor you'll ever see! I came to Dr. K after two of my girlfriends raved about her and I could see why even after 1 visit. She's friendly and knowledgable like my previous doctors, but she really listens, takes the time, and follows up. My insurance doesn't consider her my primary care doc, but I do! She's done my PAP, all my regular labs and even found a thyroid issue when no one else wanted to even do the testing. She does prescribe medication, but likes to try other things first which is fine by me! The only problem is that it's tough to get an appointment, but her staff put me on a cancellation list which got me in earlier. Love Dr. K!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Kannankeril since Aug (it's Dec now), and she is one of the BEST doctors I have ever encountered. She listens, and usually has several options. Each visit if thorough and never rushed like 9 out of 10 docs you will see. Within the first month I started feeling better. I'm still seeing her, and plan to make her my primary Physician for 2012 and beyond!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Kannankeril is an excellent doctor . She's helped me with my digestive issues so much more than any of my previous gastroenterologists. It's an added bonus that she is very caring and listens to what I am going through - it makes me enjoy going to the doctor!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. Kannankeril is wonderful. I recommend her to all my friends. When I first came to her, I was having all sorts of problems. I had been to quite a few traditional medical doctors and they were all stumped as to the cause of my problems. Dr K spends a whole hour with you, every visit! She takes copious notes and really listens. From experience I know it is extremely rare to find a Doctor in DC that will spend time with you AND listen. As it turned out, my hormones were out of balance, and I can honestly say her treatment has helped me get my life back. If you are a complicated case like I am, Dr. K will think outside the box and try new things.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010