Ratings for Dr. Stephen D. Forner

Not a good experience with this doctor. Very impersonal, asks a question and then doesn't bother to listen to your answer, just moves on with the exam. I did not learn anything from the visit regarding my condition. Felt like a waste of a co-payment. Had to visit another Neurologist and received the information I needed to move forward. I would not revisit or recommend Dr Forner.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Doctor Forner is not only an excellent doctor I have dealt with him on a personal level. He is not only empathetic he is a very nice man. Most people in a doctors care are very self-absorbed and do not care that this man must deal with every walk of life including the truly unsophisticated. Before you pass judgment go to school for eight years and than look in the mirror.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

The reviews here seem a little harsh. I agree Dr. Forner is curt but professional. In a position like his you may need to keep distance between yourself and one's patients. He has helped me, but I agree he could have a better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

This guy, in my opinion, has no good reason to be in practice. He treated me worse than anybody I can remember. Left there bawling and my husband yelling at him. Save yourself personal trauma and don't go to this guy.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

I have multiple sclerosis and saw Dr. Forner one time. He was rude and abusive. He had a problem listending and repeated himself several times. Because of my condition I get confused and forget which words I want to say and he seemed to have no understanding of this. He interrupted when I was talking. Part way through our discussion he told me to leave and that he would not treat me. When I asked for my medical records back he refused to give them to me and again told me to leave the office. I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor. It took a long time to get in to see him and I left devastated. I would not recommend Dr. Forner to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Demand another physician if your insurance or any other insurance company is sending you there. Other reviews are accurate. Unimaginable treatment for 21st century California.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Saw Forner for neurological evaluations associated with chronic Lyme disease. He was aggressively rude and seemed to have no consideration for my behaviors (crying, using "bad words") that were a result of my disease(s). He was banned from the local hospital (Enloe) for several weeks due to his rude treatment of hospital staff. I know others who have had similar and different negative experiences. In Chico, he is known as the neurologist to avoid, even though he is not thought to be medically inept. He charged me $300 to write a report for insurance disability claim, but he did not include the pertinent information he found about my condition (peripheral neuropathy)that supports my disability claim. It seemed that he decided on the first appt that I was not "worthy" as a person, because I moaned, cried, and said "oh god!) when his physical exam caused me extreme pain. He told me not to talk that way.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2007

Very rude, impatient, and appears to have no personal connection with patient. Appears more interested in acquiring subjects for his study than treating patients not willing to be in the study or those that do not qualify for study. Other problems with his practice, but I don't want to be libelous. My advice: Don't go there.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. Stephen D. Forner's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

HealthFirst