Ratings for Dr. Cindy H. Steinberg

I started with Dr. Handler when I moved here in 1999. She has been my doctor since. She is very caring and thorough. She always takes my requests for tests seriously and has helped through so much. I had serious surgery at Newton Wellesley (not her affiliated hospital) and she called me the night before to see how I was and asked if I would like her to come and visit me after the surgery. My husband and daughter see her and she always has time for me. I can't think of another doctor who would spend so much time on one patient.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Any of these Five Star Reviews are actually left by staff or family members. The real experiences are in the other reviews that actually have numbers not straight across the board. She is a horrible person, think like Dr. House or Doc Martin on TV and then worse then that and not as smart. She is better than you, at least in her head and knows more than you since the information age did not happen or exist outside the office. Information and research done by the patient is dismissed because of this inflated ego. She will write you off and judge you as a person and patient based on your past medical history. In short find another doctor, preferably one that learns how to at least use the basic functions on a computer.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I have been a patient for over 10 years. She has always been very professional and compassionate. The staff has been terrific. She keeps current with research and discusses options other than just prescribing more medications.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I'm glad I found a new doctor. All these negative comments are 100% accurate!!! I always felt worse leaving there. Although, I thought her Nurse Practitioner was wonderful!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Handler is a conservative doctor that maintains enough patients to ensure that we all get the best care possible. My physicals are set up a year in advance, however if I've ever needed to see her she always finds the time. Thank you Dr Steinberg.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Office and Dr. have poor attitudes. I have been going to her for years and this has gotten worse in the last few. She was not always been this way. I will be switching soon.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I work outdoors, so have had Lyme disease several times, but she was either unavailable or difficult to deal with, causing my symptoms to worsen before she would give meds to resolve the disease.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Cindy Handler is not a good doctor. Extremely hard to get an appointment (yearly physicals are only ever available ~ every 15months, she ignores any questions you have 'I can't help you with that, next' and really, really, rushes you. Types the entire time and isn't really paying attention. In addition, she doesn't have the best bedside manner, and her office staff is rude. Seems like the whole office staff is overbooked and busy, but I never even see anyone else in the waiting room. I finally switched, and already have an appointment with my new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Handles office visits like a robot - too busy typing info into her computer to actually listen. Never takes the time to review patient file before coming in - so she asks about conditions and meds again and again which makes you feel like you're a stranger.Glosses over any conditions she can. She's so quick with the HBP meds and no early intervention. Just makes you feel like you're a file instead of a patient. People ask all the time if I can recomment a PCP and I always have to say NO. Definitely in the wrong field - she should try research instead of patient care.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

she is attentive, seems to really care and that is coming from me who has been a nurse for over 20 years

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Cindy H. Steinberg's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1994)