Ratings for Dr. Heinz J. Elsner

Dr Elsner is first rate! He fixed my inguinal hernia in December (2 months ago) and I'm pain free, jogging 4 mi/day, and feel GREAT! Just pulled an engine and got no funky new bulges... USE THIS GUY!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Elsner took very good care of me last year when I had to have my Galbladder removed. I am happy with the results and felt completely at ease with him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

I went to Dr. Elsner for a second opinion after my gastroenterologist insisted that the problem wasn't my gallbladder (yet he didn't know what the problem was). He got me in right away for my appointment. Dr. Elsner took one look at my test results and knew that the GB had to come out. He wanted to do it the next day, but instead gave me pain pills and scheduled for the day after I returned from a conference that I needed to go to. Surgery went just fine. He even took pictures for me. He got me in right away when I had a stitch causing irritation that I thought might have been an infection. My only complaint is that he didn't listen when I said that I scarred really bad from my last surgery, and one of my scars is a little wide. But the other three are practically invisible.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Dr. Elsner performed a bilateral hernia operation on me several years ago. On a follow-up visit I told him I had considerably more pain and bruising on my left side and that I had a loss of feeling in my left leg along with tingling, the feeling of pin pricks and numbness. His reply was one of little concern or comfort. He said 'oh that's not good....but often the nerves take a while to heal...your numbness and discomfort should pass.' There was some recovery, but years later, I have lost about 10% feeling in my left leg and foot. Some numbness and tingling remains. He operated on the left side last. Perhaps he was in a rush. It is my belief he botched the operation on that side. I highly recommend you find a different to operate on you.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

If you think you have breast cancer, this is not the doctor for you. He had a superior attitude and did not listen to my concerns. He told me that my lump was caused by hormones. I insisted on an ultrasound, which revealed the lump, and he refused to perform a biopsy to make sure it was not cancer. In other words, he dismissed my feelings and as well as the findings. Six months later, I was diagnosed (by 2 other doctors) with invasive ductal carcinoma/breast cancer. Please do no let this happen to you.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2007

Dr. Heinz J. Elsner's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

HIP